Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Eliminate welfare and criminal activity would more than double. You are sadly mistaken if you think those who sit on welfare are going to go flip burgers at McDs, when they could sell drugs or their bodies and make twice as much. Just because you take welfare away from them, it doesn't mean they're suddenly going to learn job skills or to have the motivation to learn. If anything, they will become even MORE justified in partaking in criminal behavior, just as many feel justified taking their welfare checks because they feel it's retribution for having persecuted them for so long. This is the mindset of many people who attempt to stay on welfare.
Orrrrrrr The mind set might be: Sure beats the 9 to 5 route.
Necessity is the mother of invention. Make it necessary for them to change their life styles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:
And put them where? Our jails are already overflowing. We early-release prisoners all the time because we can't hold them all. And I don't know about you, but if car-jackings were an everyday occurrence and I didn't feel safe on a daily basis, I wouldn't care what the punishment was for the offense, I wouldn't want to live feeling like that all the time. It's then that we cease to live a free country, if we're being unintentionally terrorized by criminals' behavior on a daily basis.
Gitmo!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,505 times
Quote:
Eliminate welfare and criminal activity would more than double. You are sadly mistaken if you think those who sit on welfare are going to go flip burgers at McDs, when they could sell drugs or their bodies and make twice as much. Just because you take welfare away from them, it doesn't mean they're suddenly going to learn job skills or to have the motivation to learn. If anything, they will become even MORE justified in partaking in criminal behavior, just as many feel justified taking their welfare checks because they feel it's retribution for having persecuted them for so long. This is the mindset of many people who attempt to stay on welfare.
Let's all dress up in white sheets with hoods covering our faces, drive to their neighborhoods, burn some crosses in front of their houses and then, ta taaaaa, LYNCH THEM!!!!!! That'll teach them to have children and collect welfare checks!!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:55 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Let's all dress up in white sheets with hoods covering our faces, drive to their neighborhoods, burn some crosses in front of their houses and then, ta taaaaa, LYNCH THEM!!!!!! That'll teach them to have children and collect welfare checks!!
I'm sure that very thought has occured to some...

Old 05-26-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
How about the damn parents teaching their children morals and that having children is for a man and a woman to do together? Oh yeah, I forgot. The liberals want anything is ok as long as it feels good at the time.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,395,985 times
Quote:
Ditch the white sheets....they will give away your intentions...oh wait! You already did that....Dummy me!

Old 05-26-2009, 03:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
How about the damn parents teaching their children morals and that having children is for a man and a woman to do together? Oh yeah, I forgot. The liberals want anything is ok as long as it feels good at the time.
Your fine I'm fine. Everybody should get the same trophy win or not.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:04 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Orrrrrrr The mind set might be: Sure beats the 9 to 5 route.
Necessity is the mother of invention. Make it necessary for them to change their life styles.
Well, then this convo is over. TANF (the "new" name of welfare) already has a welfare-to-work program.

SPDP--TANF Categorical Eligibility

Old 05-26-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Your fine I'm fine. Everybody should get the same trophy win or not.
Yep, that would be what the idiots believe.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:17 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,429 times
Quote:
well, see. this is why we have welfare. we either help people or we eradicate them. There are no other long-term solutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies