Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 12:45 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
For one, people kill other people every day for all kinds of reasons.

Second, we have the ability to think and reason. The consensus among the people who study human behavior for a living is that sexual orientation is not something you can change. I'm not even sure what you're suggesting - that gays remain celibate?
How about out of kindergarten for starters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Oh im sure you have done and do some discusting things - i dont wanna know but you do.....Im not gonna stop ya though
Maybe so, but I didn't make a book about it or force it on to young children.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:50 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
What if there was a 45 minute lecture on tolerance toward Christians, telling children that Christianity is a normal part of every day life in America. How many tolerant liberals would get out the pitch forks and scream indoctrination over that??? I know, I know separation of church and state right.... How about separation of state and sexual perversion???? It amazes me at what we will allow in the school and we won't allow the Bible or prayer... When black is white and perversion is "normal".....
Sexual orientation is part of who we are as humans. There's science to back up the fact that most people are hetero, a few are homo, and a few are somewhere in between. Teaching about the Bible is fine if it's in a class about religion.

Also, the lesson we're talking about here is mostly about not bullying other kids. As early as the first grade, kids start making fun of gays. It's a real problem. On the other hand, Christians are clearly the majority in this country. Compared to gays, I don't think Christian kids need to worry much about being harassed for being Christian.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:51 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Maybe so, but I didn't make a book about it or force it on to young children.
The book is not discussing discusting things - there is no mention of sex nor is the curriculum addressing issues of a sexual nature. It is about behaviour.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanboy33 View Post
I too disagree with forcing 5 year olds to have homosexual sex.
Don't be so intolerant. How are most of them ever going to learn how to be little homos if they're not forced into it?

Old 05-23-2009, 12:59 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:
Don't be so intolerant. How are most of them ever going to learn how to be little homos if they're not forced into it?

Can't they catch "The Gay" by just being around you??

Old 05-23-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
So my beliefs are the subject of ridicule, hate, bullying, and distortion, yet no programs to foster acceptance for Christians, yeah things really seem equal under this guise of acceptance.
You choose your religion. You don't choose your sexual orientation. There's a big difference there.

Quote:
So now we are at the point wear Men ingaging in sex with other men is to be called "normal, women having sex with other women "normal"
Yes, that's correct.

Quote:
While homosexuals pushing their agenda have gotten to the place where, with a straight face they will ask heterosexual men and women why they think heterosexual sex is "normal" and why do we assume that men were meant to be with women, and women with men.
I've never asked anyone that question, but since you brought it up, it is true that scientists aren't sure of exactly how heterosexual arousal occurs, just as they aren't sure of what causes homosexual arousal. If they did know, there would be a medication that would make people horny. For now, it's still a mystery as to how it all works.

Quote:
Am I against the homosexual lifestyle, of course I am and I teach my children that that is the way some people live and that's their business, however for us it's morally, physically, spiritually, wrong and will always be.
For your kids' sake, I hope none of them turn out gay or even bisexual. You don't sound like someone who would accept a gay child. You might even be the type who kicks a gay kid out of the house. Those are often the kids who end up on drugs, who commit suicide, etc.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:09 AM

Some of the posters here would probably wish that this film was still being shown to school-age boys.

YouTube - boys beware

Old 05-23-2009, 01:13 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,841,798 times
Quote:
Some of the posters here would probably wish that this film was still being shown to school-age boys.

YouTube - boys beware
that was funny. old things are so un PC.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
that was funny. old things are so un PC.
Pretty fascinating to think about the difference between then and now. Some of the younger people posting comments on that YouTube video don't even believe that it was a real film. They think it's a parody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies