Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:54 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
This image of firearms owners frothing at the mouth....done to death. Though I comment on this issue frequently in here, I'm truly not as worried as a lot of folks would like to believe. My main concern, at this point, is availability of ammunition components, namely primers and projectiles, so that my son and I can participate in our sport. I do not believe that the Feds are behind the shortage, but they don't mind it either, and I do believe they will try and keep it going as long as they can.
I don't believe Obama has anything to do with the ammo shortage - it is just a bunch of gun fanatics going out and buying large amounts to stockpile fearing that it may at some point be limited...

We've had ammo shortages for the US military over the past 5 years... I even read that a few years back we were buying ammunition from Israel because the US manufacturers were having trouble keeping up...

It's not due to anything Obama is doing... it's free market dynamics...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 09:54 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
...and what's your problem? Next year is better than never I take it. If it were up to me, this would never happen. Who wants wingnuts trolling national parks armed?
NO! I think we agree. But the title of your thread- Obama and His Militia Are Coming To Take Your Gun Away , I guess I expected your link to back it up.

I guess we are in agreement. That's all we need- gun toters in our national parks. NOT!

Sorry!

Old 05-23-2009, 09:56 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
NO! I think we agree. But the title of your thread- Obama and His Militia Are Coming To Take Your Gun Away , I guess I expected your link to back it up.

I guess we are in agreement. That's all we need- gun toters in our national parks. NOT!

Sorry!
The title was to incite rabid foaming at the mouth.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:01 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
The title was to incite rabid foaming at the mouth.
and I pride myself at getting it! Well, I guess it made me foam! LOL!

Guess I should have read all of the posts, but guilty of lack of patience with the wingnuts.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Here's another way the government can disarm you..declare you a suspected terrorist.

WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 2159, The Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009

"H.R. 2159 would increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of a firearm or the issuance of firearms or explosives licenses to a known or suspected dangerous terrorist."

Old 05-23-2009, 11:48 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
It took you guys awhile to formulate something and you come up with ammo? Where was this ammo fear before? Never a word about that here before. Guess you got to oppose something. Without a purpose, what are you.

People started squirreling away ammo after the election. Everyone is running short and swap meets are getting top dollar for anything worthwhile. Same thing with ARs. Colt has a eighteen month back order. I've seen used ones at about $2K. Thing is it doesn't appear that the congress will back him at this point. I guess they still remember the '94 mid-term election following the first ban.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:50 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here's another way the government can disarm you..declare you a suspected terrorist.

WashingtonWatch.com - H.R. 2159, The Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009

"H.R. 2159 would increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of a firearm or the issuance of firearms or explosives licenses to a known or suspected dangerous terrorist."
So I guess you believe it would've been a positive thing to allow those known or suspected terrorists in NYC to freely arm themselves with real firearms and explosives then blow people up?

Old 05-23-2009, 11:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
So I guess you believe it would've been a positive thing to allow those known or suspected terrorists in NYC to freely arm themselves with real firearms and explosives then blow people up?
There's plenty of guns on the black market. Criminals will always find a way to get weapons.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
So you believe the government should put people on a list and they lose their civil rights, no trial, no conviction, nothing? Last I read there were over a million names on the no-fly list. A large portion of them wrongly so (remember ted kennedy and others being placed on it?).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies