Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 02:05 AM

413 posts, read 561,823 times

Advertisements

Key Democrat says national health care can NOT include illegal aliens -- But amnesty would lock in the illegal health cost | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 06:21 AM

639 posts, read 1,142,364 times
What's wrong with covering illegal aliens (Sarcasm)?? California has been doing it for YEARS and it is working out very well for them.......They are on the verge of bankruptcy, and I say let them fail, because of their give give give, and tax tax tax policies. They have no one but themselves to blame for their current crisis. Don't worry...they soon will have company....other Democratic strongholds like New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Michigan will shortly follow them into bankruptcy as their tax tax tax and give give give policies finally catch up to them also. The CRAZY thing is the failures that are taking place on the state level right before our eyes is what is being implemented on the National level right now by the Messiah...it fails on the state level, what makes any reasonable person believe it will succeed on the national level???????????

Old 05-23-2009, 08:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Amnesty not only gives them healthcare, but welfare, food stamps, unemployment benefits, government subsidized housing and all those other programs.

Amnesty to millions of illegals and their families will burst the system.

Old 05-23-2009, 08:54 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
I hate the idea of national health care altogether, but I could live with it as long as illegals do not benefit (whether under their illegal status or through amnesty).

IF illegals are given national health care either through amnesty or under their current status, I will personally be organizing about a million protests and sending about a million letters to everyone in Congress - not just my representative and senators.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:11 PM

413 posts, read 561,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Amnesty not only gives them healthcare, but welfare, food stamps, unemployment benefits, government subsidized housing and all those other programs.

Amnesty to millions of illegals and their families will burst the system.
Amnesty will also allow them to bring in family members so it's not just the millions of illegals getting amnesty but millions upon millions of family members too!

HELP STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.......MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD: NumbersUSA | For Lower Immigration Levels - For Lower Immigration Levels (http://www.numbersusa.com/content/ - broken link)

Old 05-23-2009, 03:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
Amnesty will also allow them to bring in family members so it's not just the millions of illegals getting amnesty but millions upon millions of family members too!

HELP STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.......MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD: NumbersUSA | For Lower Immigration Levels - For Lower Immigration Levels (http://www.numbersusa.com/content/ - broken link)
Every single person....especially those with Democratic representatives or senators....needs to e-mail and possibly also send a letter pleading for no amnesty.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:57 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Well, we can't just not treat them if they need emergency medical treatment. By law hospitals cannot deny anyone emergency medical treatment, no matter if they can pay or not, and no matter their citizenship status. While I have no objections to this process, it does cost taxpayers a lot of money each year.

Amnesty would be political suicide, IMO. I suspect that even Obama will steer clear of it, regardless of what he said during the campaign.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:16 PM

Let's hope this is a promise he will have a "change of heart" on. He's done it with his other promises so why not this one too.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:48 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
I guess it would be better to let sickly illegals stroll around with infectous diseases because so many already see them as the plague. I wonder what the "All American" families that continually hire these illegals have to say about it. I'm sure they want healthy illegals to do their landscaping and clean their homes for sub minimum wages. And is the angst against illegals or illegal mexicans? There are plenty of illegal Europeans, Asians and Middle Easterners walking around but nobody ever seems to care about them. I guess they blend.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I guess it would be better to let sickly illegals stroll around with infectous diseases because so many already see them as the plague. I wonder what the "All American" families that continually hire these illegals have to say about it. I'm sure they want healthy illegals to do their landscaping and clean their homes for sub minimum wages. And is the angst against illegals or illegal mexicans? There are plenty of illegal Europeans, Asians and Middle Easterners walking around but nobody ever seems to care about them. I guess they blend.
They are already doing it today as they have no health insurance.
They are going to do what they do regardless of amnesty and universal health care. Your argument doesn't hold water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies