Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:57 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
On 9/10 we were a nation of laws. On 9/12 we allowed the terrorist to win and circumvented the very laws that made us the greatest nation on earth.
Ah that is profound!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 11:02 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Ah that is profound!

No, just the sad truth.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:

No, just the sad truth.
Well its sad anyway.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:22 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Vietnam War Timeline : Vietnam War Statistics

29 Apr 75 - Last American soldier killed in Vietnam (the first was 8 Jul 59) The official American presence in Saigon ends when the last Americans are evacuated by helicopter from the US Embassy roof. Within hours the Saigon government surrenders to the VC

One of the very last ones killed was a high school classmate of mine.
That was at the Embassy...there was no US military fighting there after 1973.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:25 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,862,853 times
Quote:
The long and short of it is, you nor any other conservative has presented a viable solution to any of the nations problems. You did a great job creating them and have a done a great job complaing about the problems you created but still no solutions.
It seems the solutions are to do the same things Bush did....LOL

More hopeychangeness.

What a bill of goods y'all were sold.

Not that you can admit it,you simply ignore it or spin it,anything other than admit Obama is doing little different than the neo-con before him...hmmm,ever wondered why that is???

Old 05-25-2009, 06:46 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
In reality I didn't see any difference between McCain and Obama seemed they both wanted to keep the military deployed and now that appears to be true. While I wanted the war ended I never thought Obama would do so. By not ending a pointless conflict we would continue to drain our economy. Now we have big business doing little to change and are allowed to get Billions... More so the banks than the Car companies and yet it is the banks that have brought us to such economic troubles.

I can say I voted for Nader because I was confident that was the only true change. If you keep voting regular pat each other on the back politicians, where is the change going to come from? When they say they want to redistribute the forces, Where is the end of war going to come from? When you know the political parties are both throwing money at these thieves how would you expect economic improvement?

I personally hope Obama can succeed as it means the betterment of the country. I want to see the elimination of the Patriot Act as a clear indication he has any intentioon of perserving the Republic. Without something it is just business as usual.... Well other than we actually have a President with a brain this time around.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:27 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
So Obama campaigns on issues he is going to change. He does not know the facts but, he knows how to fix it. Once he learns the facts, he agrees with the Bush admin.

Seems to me he should not have campaigned on issues he knew very little about.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
I do have to disagree with the OP's statement about the stimulus money not finding it's way out of Washington. I have to say that that is not the case where I live. There is construction everywhere. Projects that had either been on the back-burners or halted for a long time are starting up. Businesses are hiring and houses are selling.

I am not happy to see the administration uphold or argue in favor of any Bush doctrines, but, I am still willing to give the President the benefit of the doubt on most, if not all of the OP's issues.
My anger is directed at Congress, as it has been since 2006. Without a doubt, this is the biggest bunch of cowards, turn-coats and self-aggrandizing hypocrites to ever serve in either the House or the Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies