Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose the option that describes your party, your vote, and whether you approve or disapprove of Oba
I'm a Democrat who voted for Obama. I approve thus far. 19 42.22%
I'm a Democrat who voted for Obama. I disapprove thus far. 2 4.44%
I'm a Democrat who did not vote for Obama. I approve thus far. 1 2.22%
I'm a Democrat who did not vote for Obama. I disapprove thus far. 2 4.44%
I'm a Republican who voted for Obama. I approve thus far. 3 6.67%
I'm a Republican who voted for Obama. I disapprove thus far. 2 4.44%
I'm a Republican who did not vote for Obama. I approve thus far. 0 0%
I'm a Republican who did not vote for Obama. I disapprove thus far. 16 35.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:58 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Why are there only two party choices? even if all other parties are grouped as others...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Too bad you left out all the Independent voters on this board, sorry no way I would ever admit to being either since I never have been and never will be a member of either of the 2 current Parties.
Casper
I thought that adding a separate category for Independents would skew the results, since some Independents may be more liberal and some may be more conservative. It's too vague of a category.

I was intending for Independent posters to choose the party that gets the highest percentage of their votes when you compare the GOP and the Democrats (even those who vote for Independent candidates have to vote for Repubs or Dems sometimes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 12:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
I am independent and did not vote for him, but I think he is a better choise than McCain would have been. I did not vote for McCain either.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:06 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,049 times
I did not vote for him...I also do not agree with what he has done so far. He has been addressed several times with a questions that could improve the economy but has brushed and laughed it off without even considering the benefits. Plus, I think we need to stop bailing out all these banks and businesses...it is rediculas...how about instead of bank rolling the rich...you give that money to the general public.

Think about it...if instead of giving trillions of dollars to banks and other big business, you gave it all to the general public evenly...If you reported income...or files taxes you get check from the government...

Bailouts are wrong...here is a great example...you have two hardworking, legal American citizens...one(A) decides to save and invest his money, the other(B) decides to get credit cards and foolishly spends all his earnings never saving anything...5 years down the road the citizen A has a good amount of money saved and i living comfortably. Citizen B is thousands of dollars in debt and cant pay his/her bills. The government steps in and decides, lets help this poop chap, citizen B, out. So they pay off his debts and give him some extra money to live on...

How is this fair to the citizen who worked hard and through hard work and patience made an honest living? Simply by being an idiot and foolish with money...you get helped out. Screw making an honest living, when you can be a screw up and get a hand out.

In reality, we need to go back to the basics where an honest living brings in an honest reward and foolish living brings in no reward.

And WTF is with the Mandatory "volunteer service corps"...Is he trying to build an army or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies