Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2009, 08:33 PM

71 posts, read 184,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pba View Post
You simply can't answer the question but I can clearly respond to your statement.

Leviticus 20:13 (New Bible Standard)
"....if a man lie with a man, as with a woman, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Choose any version of any Bible ever written and find this same verse....they all basically say the same thing. That's not to say that they can't get forgiveness and preserve their salvation but they first have to admit their sin and ask for forgiveness while accepting the word of God as truth.
Thats not what he asked. He asked where Jesus said anything about homosexuality.

Also, you Bible thumpers must have this pointed out to you a lot but just to be redundant I'm gonna point it out to you again.
You cite Leviticus to prove homosexuality is wrong yet ignore the laws in the same book against mixing wool with silk, eating seafood,and mixing dairy with meat, etc. Why ignore most of it and pick out the ones that feed your bigotry?

Last edited by freedom99; 05-29-2009 at 08:41 PM..

Old 05-29-2009, 08:33 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
You simply can't answer the question but I can clearly respond to your statement.

Leviticus 20:13 (New Bible Standard)
"....if a man lie with a man, as with a woman, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Choose any version of any Bible ever written and find this same verse....they all basically say the same thing. That's not to say that they can't get forgiveness and preserve their salvation but they first have to admit their sin and ask for forgiveness while accepting the word of God as truth.
Leviticus predates Jesus by a couple of thousand years.

It was probably written on goatskin.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:34 PM
pba

410 posts, read 917,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
How would you explain people with birth defects? Is that the work of satan too? No body is perfect, especially not you. If God doesn't give a person their sexual orientation, then who does?
Again, I don't have all the answers. Never have claimed to. That's one of many that I can't wait to find the answer to.

By the way, you really need to read more clearly as I have already answered your question about who gives a person their sexual orientation. Please pay attention as it will save us all some time.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:38 PM
pba

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom99 View Post
Thats not what he asked. He asked where Jesus said anything about homosexuality.
Here's a little education for you....God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are in fact one entity. The word of God is the same as the word of Jesus. The Holy Spirit is the entity used to convey the word of God to us but it is actually just an extension of God himself.

The words in the Bible are in fact the words of God/Jesus/Holy Spirit. It's often referred to as the Holy Trinity. Those words in Leviticus are the words of God/Jesus/Holy Spirit so you have your answer.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:39 PM
pba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Leviticus predates Jesus by a couple of thousand years.

It was probably written on goatskin.
Nothing pre-dates Jesus.

It's the holy trinity that you need to educate yourself on. God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit....all one entity that created the world and everything in it.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:44 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
So the people who disagree with me on this subject are smarter than me? Wow, I guess all Democrats are smarter than all Republicans? All Catholics are smarter than all Jews? Come on, you can do better than that.

My purpose is clearly well served by being here. I have a feeling this may be the only discussion about God that routinely enters your thoughts. Mission accomplished.

You are misinterpreting what I wrote. Please follow your own advice to others and reread it s-l-o-w-l-y.

Actually, I am currently rereading the NT from a translation into Gullah that my daughter gave me for Christmas. I love the poetry of the KJV, and I love my volume which only has the words of Jesus and none of the other text of the NT.

You should also reread some of your own posts with an eye towards a superior attitude and remembering what was said about pride going before a fall. I still think you might be happier on a different board, but suit yourself.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:52 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
"Prop 8 - The Musical" starring Jack Black, John C. Reilly, and many more... from FOD Team, Jack Black, Craig Robinson, John C Reilly, Rashida Jones, and Sarah Chalke

Prop 8 the Musical (video)

Old 05-29-2009, 08:57 PM
pba

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom99 View Post

Also, you Bible thumpers must have this pointed out to you a lot but just to be redundant I'm gonna point it out to you again.
You cite Leviticus to prove homosexuality is wrong yet ignore the laws in the same book against mixing wool with silk, eating seafood,and mixing dairy with meat, etc. Why ignore most of it and pick out the ones that feed your bigotry?
One subject at a time there, junior. We're talking homosexuality here so please try to stay on subject. You are willingly ignoring this part of God's words and that's what I'm pointing out to you.

Bigotry - stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

Hmmm, yes, I am a bigot in this case. But then wouldn't YOU fit the definition of a bigot as well??? Gotcha on that one.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:59 PM
pba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You are misinterpreting what I wrote. Please follow your own advice to others and reread it s-l-o-w-l-y.

Actually, I am currently rereading the NT from a translation into Gullah that my daughter gave me for Christmas. I love the poetry of the KJV, and I love my volume which only has the words of Jesus and none of the other text of the NT.

You should also reread some of your own posts with an eye towards a superior attitude and remembering what was said about pride going before a fall. I still think you might be happier on a different board, but suit yourself.
Superior attitude and pride? It's called righteousness and there's a HUGE difference. You're doing nothing but trying to bring people away from God and I'm trying to bring them closer.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:04 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,807 times
Quote:
Such a childish and predictable response. I'm not comparing the behaviors but simply pointing out how crazy your argument was. Honestly, this is quite like having an argument with a 5 year old. Take my words at face value and don't put words into my mouth....try to analyze what I'm saying for at least two seconds before you give anymore silly responses.

You said, 'They cannot help nor change the temperament that they were endowed with by their Creator, nor should they. It would be against the Will of God, who obviously created them as serial killers for His own reasons.'

My point was to say that just because someone is born with a certain 'temperament they were endowed with by their Creator' that doesn't mean that should be accepted by society. You could substitute about 100 other words for homosexual and you could come up with a group of people that should rightfully be persecuted or discriminated against.

Now, is being a homosexual worse than being a murderer? Is one a worse sin than the other? That's not for me to say or to judge because it's not like the Bible lists all sins in order of magnitude (duh!).
You are mixing me up with another poster! Cuebald stated what you highlighted in blue..... And you are saying Duh! to me!!! God is supposed to be humble is he not? So why are you accusing ppl of being stupid -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies