Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you make a choice to be straight?
Yes 14 15.22%
No 16 17.39%
I just was 60 65.22%
Don't know yet 2 2.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 03:51 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times

Advertisements

I don't know if I was born straight or gay.
But I was breast fed.
I just couldn't imagine sucking on old Dads t!ts. I would have starved to death.
I've liked women ever since and still enjoy reverting back to my childish ways. (Not on Mom of course since I'm now 62 and she is 85.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 04:15 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
So let me get this straight.

Your saying more (undercover) gay people are:

1) choosing to marry straight (that means having sex with men/women, having children)

2) then having sex with other men discreetly so as to not stoke attention.

3) this is happening "all the time"

Sounds like a hell of a hassle. Why go through it? Why not just cut to step 2?

it is a hell of a hassle.. it's been this way for hundreds of years.. only today are people starting to come out of the closet and say.. you know what.. I am attracted to this, and this is what I really desire..
You're seeing more of an influence of gays because this generation is coming out... many 40 on up year olds are part of that 1950's generation.. that did indeed get married and have kids... and lead double lives.. of course their wives and kids don't know about it... Why would they do such a thing?? that's something society is partly responsible for... as well as their own actions of not being true to themselves... and hurting everyone they come in contact with... they are liars of the highest order... mostly because they can lie to themselves... it's so rampant you would **** your pants if you knew...

Why does'nt this "hormonal imbalance" effect happen to all males? What causes it? Doesn't every woman go through hormonal changes during her pregnancy?
I don't know all the details, it isn't proven for sure or not.. it is something that is being studied, they're finding out that it doesn't happen with all women, and all male fetus's.... the findings that they do have show's a regression more or less in women that give birth to multiple boys.. in that the youngest boy has the most probability of the effect...

So what you are saying is that all of our behavior is controlled by hormones and we have no say in the matter?
of course not, which is why in times past a homosexual or bisexual male can and did get married and have kids... same way that you could choose to not have a g/f or wife and feel you have to have to be in a relationship with another man... if that was what society expected.. you would feel pressure to do it.. even if it made you miserable... Perhaps you wouldn't.. but then you would be an "out" heterosexual... yielding your radical agenda and trying to ruin society...

What about straight men with low levels of testoterone? Should we declare them gay?
no... levels of testosterone do not determine your sexuality as an adult..
infact testosterone is found in women as well.. testosterone is the hormone that spawns sexual desires... so low levels of testosterone would just make you impartial to sex period.. whether you are straight or gay...
which is why men have stronger sex drives than women...generally...

I'd like to see those studies. I'm extremely skeptical. Thanks.
there's various studies involving hormones as well as DNA..
this cartoon kind of illustrates the hormonal studies

YouTube - Gay Education

Old 05-28-2009, 06:57 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
I have asked this every time I hear the statement that gays made the choice to be gay. When did you choose to be straight?
Noooooo...... when I was born, the doctor saw i was a boy, told mom and dad, ITS A BOY!! and I've been one ever since!!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:21 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Doesn't sound like an intelligent statement. Hormones are an expression of genes. All bodily functions are determined by genes. Either your actions are determined by your genes or you are determined by your free will. Which brings me back to my two questions you failed to answer.

You failed to answer the question. Most gays in fact, do not pro-create with heterosexuals. Thats why they are gay. Unless they are bi-sexual then the definition changes.

Your right gay's are'nt required for homosexuality to flourish. Even though they can't replicate their genes they still seem to be present within most societies. Which brings us to the enigma of my two questions you've failed to answer.
Hormones are not an expression of the genes, LOL, they are a product of the endocrenal system. You know, like the pituitary gland, the ovaries, the testes, etc. Being male of female on the other hand is an expression of the genes, so is red hair, blue eyes, light or dark skin or being gay or straight.

Last edited by TheDragonslayer; 05-28-2009 at 10:35 AM..

Old 05-28-2009, 10:34 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Two questions:

1) In ancient greece there was noticeably more gay and bisexual activity. Does that mean there were somehow a higher quantity more genetically gay people in ancient societies?

2) If gay people don't pass on their genes (as this requires a male and a female), how do they replicate their genetic predisposition towards "gayness"?

If your presumption is that people are irreversably and uncontrollably determined by their genes, does that mean that in the future we will be able to eradicate the "gayness gene" with genetic engineering and therefore there would be no more gays?

Sounds like a shoddy attempt at genetic determinism. I choose free will (and common sense) over determinism.
I will answer your two questions. #1 There was not a higher quantity of gays in ancient societies, they did not have a christian hangup to keep gays in the proverbial closet. #2 Gays do not need to pass on their genes for there to be more gay people. Almost all of us gays and lesbians had straight parents. The gay gene is part of the human make up and that is why there will always be gay people. The gayness gene no more needs to be eradicated then the genes for hair color or eye color. Being gay does not stop one from being a productive human, no more than does being a bigot does. Maybe the gene for bigotry should be found and eliminated so that the world could be a better and more peaceful place.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:41 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
I will answer your two questions. #1 There was not a higher quantity of gays in ancient societies, they did not have a christian hangup to keep gays in the proverbial closet. #2 Gays do not need to pass on their genes for there to be more gay people. Almost all of us gays and lesbians had straight parents. The gay gene is part of the human make up and that is why there will always be gay people. The gayness gene no more needs to be eradicated then the genes for hair color or eye color. Being gay does not stop one from being a productive human, no more than does being a bigot does. Maybe the gene for bigotry should be found and eliminated so that the world could be a better and more peaceful place.

Could you point me to a definitive study that purports the finding of a gay gene or are the studies used correlative studies that attempt to link behavior with genetic makeups? So far, this form of correlative study has been erratic with claims, then retractions, claims again, and then again retractions.

Are is your statements those of belief that they may be right and so you speak in terms of absolutes?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:45 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
I knew I was straight when I first saw Brooke Shields swimming around naked in the move "The Blue Lagoon". The dude in the same scenes didn't do anything for me. I was about 5 and I have never regretted it.

Last edited by Chango; 05-28-2009 at 11:08 AM..

Old 05-28-2009, 11:36 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Noooooo...... when I was born, the doctor saw i was a boy, told mom and dad, ITS A BOY!! and I've been one ever since!!
Are you implying that gay men aren't actually men? I've got news for you....they are just as much as you and I are. And they were born boys the same as we were.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:41 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times
Quote:
I have asked this every time I hear the statement that gays made the choice to be gay. When did you choose to be straight?
I definitely do not remember EVER choosing to be straight (and I am 46 years old). I believe 100% that people are born with their sexual orientation in place.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:52 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
I choose to sleep with women I find them attractive., women are attractive. If your just looking to tell someone they are hot and can't admit some men are "attractive" even if your the same sex is just blind. I can do anything if i tell my mind what sex is. Somethings i might find more enjoyable but how would you know until you try it.
The point I'm making is sex is a choice, attraction is often a choice and or learned habits. Its like saying I'm only attracted to blondes no that is a preference not a actually attraction. A persons beauty is also more then just physical it is mental and emotional but I dont think that is a "born" quality. Nature provides attraction based on reproduction for the general population and naturally men would be attracted to women for reproduction reasons only. Men and men and women on women do not reproduce so there is no "circle of life" reason to be attracted other then choice and preference.
All straight, bi, and gay are choices when it comes to loving another person. All these choices are in the persons mind, and sex and all other reasons emotion are for self driven programing.
My point is what if your bi is that a choice or are you confused, or do gay and straight people hate them just the same because they are playing both sides. :-)
The human mind and sex play a part in your choices you would be surprised what your "attracted" too.
Also what about the people who live the lifestyle of bdsm, bondage and fetishes are they also making a choice and the type of relationships they have. We dont talk about them. There is no level of understanding and openess when it comes to sex, nor do I think their needs to be. But I wish people who just mind their own business and they also dont need to tell everyone what they like unless they are seeking someone. You dont need laws and other "rights" for human beings who generally dont need to regulate the bedroom or relationships.

Last edited by LibertyandJusticeforAll; 05-28-2009 at 12:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies