Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 11:35 PM

76 posts, read 133,329 times

Advertisements

B-2 STEALTH BOMBERS BEING DEPLOYED to Guam - N Korea?

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...ad.php?t=62590

The United States has begun deploying B-2 Stealth Bombers from the mainland USA to Andersen Air Force Base in Guam. This would put the nuclear-armed bombers well within striking distance of North Korea.

[cut - don't repost full copyrighted articles]

Turner Radio Network

Washington, DC (TRN) -- North Korea yesterday withdrew from the Armistice that halted the Korean War. Today, official Washington is abuzz with not so secret "Top Secret" plans for the United States to make a limited nuclear first strike to wipe out the North Korean threat in one fell swoop.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-28-2009 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: [cut - don't repost full copyrighted articles]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 11:36 PM

76 posts, read 133,329 times
Breaking: US Army moves to DEFCON 2

MINA Breaking News - Breaking: US Army moves to DEFCON 2

Sources close to MiNa claim the US Army has moved their alert level to Defcon 2. This was initiated by the alarming situation in North Korea. The US Army has over 35,000 troops stationed in South Korea, well within reach of North Korean convential weapons.North Korea has the largest artillery force (can be equipped with nuclear warheads) in the world, which adds more to the already tense situation.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-28-2009 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: [cut - don't repost full copyrighted articles]

Old 05-27-2009, 11:55 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,807 times
What is the credibility of this... it certainly isn't what Hillary Clinton said or what is on CNN lol..

Old 05-28-2009, 12:25 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,709,053 times
I honestly don't understand what I'm reading. Is this literal or a hypothetical scenario? If it's the former, , if the later, well, that is a reality we may have to face.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:46 AM

451 posts, read 1,227,857 times
B2 bombers are always in striking disance of any target. Thats why they are made and trust and belive there are tomahawks nearby. North Korea pulls a stunt like this every year its time we just ignore them. i had to spend plenty of extra time underway during my navy years just because of them flexing there chest. They just want some lovin. I guess it keeps them at bay.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:47 AM

142 posts, read 221,889 times
INteresting. But we have nuclear subs everywhere in the world.

P.S. I don't think you are allowed to quote more than 2 sentences?

Edit: The U.S. would NEVER use nuclear weapons as a first strike, at least I do not believe they would. I doubt the credibility of the article above.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:15 AM

300 posts, read 1,210,887 times
Um. Those B-2 bombers didn't need to fly to Guam to be well within striking distance of anywhere.

They're going to need one heck of a lot more than a few Patriot missile batteries to defend S. Korea. There are over 10,000 heavy artillery emplacements in North Korea that are known to be well within range of Seoul. North Korea could level Seoul with artillery alone.

I think the tree of liberty has a case of the vapors.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:24 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,753,956 times
I think some wires have been crossed. I think MINA, the only news outlet I can find that is reporting that we've gone to DEFCON 2, has confused DEFCON with WATCHCON. As per this NY times article, we have gone to WATCHCON 2 (which pertains to spying and reconaissance operations), but nobody is corroborating DEFCON 2. If that were true, that would be a major development, and would almost certainly be the headline on every news agency.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:33 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian97 View Post
Um. Those B-2 bombers didn't need to fly to Guam to be well within striking distance of anywhere.
I guess that depends on how much time you want to spend waiting for one to get over its target.

"There are over 10,000 heavy artillery emplacements in North Korea that are known to be well within range of Seoul."

Patriot missiles are sort of worthless against artillery shells.

Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies