Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:19 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
I live near Seguin, TX outside of San Antonio. The flag is on my gargage, in front of the house.
Small world - my brother lives near Seguin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 09:40 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Woman Upset After American Flag Taken Down At Work - cbs11tv.com (http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism.at.office.2.1020415.html - broken link)

Now this beats anything I have heard. Our AMERICAN flag is now "offensive". According to people and patients at this North Texas Hospital, it is!

I bet if a Mexican had a Mexican Flag hanging in their office, noone would have said a peep.

Sad!! Very Very SAD!!
I'm all for freedom of speech and expression but the disrespect shown towards our flag makes me mad. Our flag represents the lives of those who fought tirelessly so that we can have the freedoms that we spoiled Americans take for granted.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
We discussed this on another political board as well. It was not the flag that was the problem, but the SIZE of the flag. A 3 x 5 foot flag is huge for indoor use, especially in a shared space. No doubt one of the small hand held size flags, placed in a vase or her pencil holder would never have raised an eyebrow.
I can understand the size being an issue.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
It represents a disgusting government. It is offensive.
It represents the lives of men and women who died fighting for the freedoms that you and I enjoy. Our government isn't perfect but I would not say it's disgusting. Maybe a year or two living in Saudia Arabia may help you change your perspectives a bit.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:11 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
If YOU find the US flag offensive, YOU are offensive to me.

GET OUT AND STAY OUT OF MY COUNTRY THEN!!!

Old 05-28-2009, 11:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
I don't know anyone who would have a 3 foot by 5 foot photo of Dr King on a pole in a shared office. Do you?
LMAO that's one of the funniest things I've read all night. When I was reading the article I was thinking "isn't 3 by 5 pretty big for an office space" My coworker has a daughter in Korea. She brought us little flag pins to wear, last 4th of July she brought us red, white and blue sparklers. I don't think anybody was offended by that.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:20 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
A 3 x 5 flag on a pole in almost any non-government building is a eye sore. Any flag or other item that is not part of the business function can be removed by the business. Hopefully her performance review will suffer by her actions and the media attention it drew to the hospital. (they let her keep it......read the article)

You work for the company. Their building, Their office, Their computers, Their walls, Their chairs, Their phones, Their rules.
Hey...it wasn't the business that took the flag down but a co-worker. Get your facts straight before blabbing all of your nonsense.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:51 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
If YOU find the US flag offensive, YOU are offensive to me.

GET OUT AND STAY OUT OF MY COUNTRY THEN!!!

Well said!

Old 05-29-2009, 12:25 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
more developments:

Kindred Healthcare Supports the Flag and the Sacrifices it Represents

"This issue was simply a dispute between two employees who shared a small workspace, one of whom removed the flag because of its size. "

It seems that it wasn't management that took down the flag and placed it on the floor, it was the co-worker. This also fits in with news reports I heard yesterday.

IMO the person that took it upon herself to disrupt another employee's personal property, and as in this case to do so in a manner that shows contempt for a symbol that is so important to so many in this country should be fired at the least. In a perfect world the b*tch would have a one way ticket back to Africa.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:59 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,853,752 times
If the issue really was that of size and not content, how hard would it have been to ask the employee to please replace the large flag with a smaller one? She could have been told that the size was a distraction but that a smaller one would have been acceptable but I don't believe the size WAS the real issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies