Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 05:31 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Bloomberg.com: News

Yep--nevermind if you are even remotely qualified, if you got the cash, Obama has the job. Un freakin believable!

For more than two centuries, this has been the method of selecting ambassadors.

Please explain why it upsets you so much all of a sudden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 06:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
What exactly is unbelievable? These are titular positions. Ohhh someone who donated a lot of money to Obama's campaign is now the ambassador to Denmark! BFD. When it came to countries where the ambassador actually might matter (China, India, etc) he picked well qualified people.

When he picks someone he went to high school with to run the Department of Agriculture (*cough* Palin *cough*) I will worry.
Ambassador to China's qualified experience:
"The governor also has deep ties to Asia: He lived in Taiwan as a Mormon missionary, mastering Mandarin while there. He and his wife, Mary Kaye, adopted a daughter from China, and he briefly served as U.S. ambassador to Singapore in the early 1990s."

washingtonpost.com

Old 05-29-2009, 07:12 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Me! Appoint me! I'm not a far-left activist, I'm more of a centrist, but I can espouse far-left ideas with the best of 'em. I'm empathetic. Big time empathy. My story may not be all that unusual, but I'm certain I could make it seem compelling. I'm not from the ghetto, but from the hills of Arkansas, so no stranger to poverty. Appoint me!
Agreed on that bolded part! You have demonstrated your abilities amply.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:23 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why do you think anyone who has a negative opinion about what Obama is doing with is appointments is a Republican ?

Because the Dems are afraid of upsetting the Mess-iah, since anyone who dares to disagree with him is automatically branded a racist.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama nominated a Republican U.S. congressman from New York on Tuesday to be secretary of the Army. Obama's nomination of Rep. John M. McHugh, ranking Republican on the House Armed Services Committee, must be reviewed and voted on by the Senate. The president announced his choice at a news conference.

Obama nominates GOP congressman as Army secretary - CNN.com

Old 06-02-2009, 01:48 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Obama nominated a Republican U.S. congressman from New York on Tuesday to be secretary of the Army. Obama's nomination of Rep. John M. McHugh, ranking Republican on the House Armed Services Committee, must be reviewed and voted on by the Senate. The president announced his choice at a news conference.

Obama nominates GOP congressman as Army secretary - CNN.com

Its a trap. Giggles is setting this man up for a fall. He will have a GOP flunkie to push the blame on if the war goes badly in the future.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Its a trap. Giggles is setting this man up for a fall. He will have a GOP flunkie to push the blame on if the war goes badly in the future.
Because Petraeus won't be around to blame?

How will this gentleman be to blame?

Old 06-02-2009, 02:08 PM

Gates fired the last Army secretary for not doing a good job. Whoever can fire a person is surely responsible for his performance.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:40 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
He apparently couldn't findanyone to be defense secdretary or secretray of the army tho within democratic ranks.The others are politcs and repayments to pretty named positions but mostly powerless.Many use these post out of country to get rid of a bother.That si teh reson FDR gave Joe Kennedy the ambassorship to the sourt of St jam,es./ ut he even screwed that up with his Hitler praise.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:16 PM

President Obama intends to nominate Jim Leach, a former Republican congressman from Iowa who is now a professor at Princeton University’s Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, as the next chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities, the White House said on Wednesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/ar...ef=global-home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies