Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,956,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokenwordfan View Post
I don't feel "manly"...I just don't feel womanly either.
Well Well...... just eat chocolate and ice cream
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Hahaha. I didn't mean to. I should have used italics instead of caps. I was just trying to stress the sexes. Sorry.

I agree with the environmental constructs to a point, but I'd venture to guess that on a masculine-feminine scale using percentages, the average woman is about 90% feminine, 10% masculine, with the average man being about 90% masculine, 10% feminine.

I doubt very seriously that there are virtually any men that would be less than about 65% masculine or women that would be less than about 65% feminine.
For a gay guy i'm pretty masculine.. I'd say 85% on normal days but whenever i get emotional i'd say 75%. Like when i'm at work and i get stressed or mad about something and start complaining people just look at me kinda funny and smile - kinda funny..

Old 05-29-2009, 09:44 PM

207 posts, read 243,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
No. I feel that both men and women are better in certain areas than the other sex. I feel that men should capitalize on what they excel in and women should capitalize on what they excel in.

Our society wouldn't have evolved and developed the way it has without both MALE and FEMALE contributions.

And what of the women who excel in typically "male" fields or men that excel "female" fields...what about the people in the middle who are just okay at both male and female areas and don't do either one better than the other?

The lines are naturally blurred...by saying bluring gender lines is not a good idea you're asking people to NOT be themselves...thus you won't get their best quality work. Society IMO would be better if we quit associating people with their genders and have people do what they are good at regardless what gender they are. The best people for each job...period.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Like by eating lots of chocolate and ice cream

huh?

Old 05-29-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
huh?

oh boi - earlier you said your body changes and i'm like how when you eat lots of chocolate and ice cream. - -NM

Old 05-29-2009, 09:53 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Why is it YOU think you have the right to tell me what I am?...I am not a woman, atleast not everyday..and I am not a man...and one day society will see that like sexuality gender is a spectrum not a multiple choice question.

"In the F or M boxes they give, I forgive myself for not fitting in, and blame the world for lack of clarity." ~Alix Olson
I don't have the right to tell you what you are. the doctor made it perfectly clean on your birth certificate.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I don't have the right to tell you what you are. the doctor made it perfectly clean on your birth certificate.
If you dont have the right to tell her, why are you telling her? If the doctor already told her, you don't have too.

You make no sense.

Let people live how they want to live. You live how you want, let others live how they want. Easy as that. Really. I promise.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post

My birth certificate lists my sex...not my gender.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
oh boi - earlier you said your body changes and i'm like how when you eat lots of chocolate and ice cream. - -NM

LOL oh I must not have phrased correctly...My BODY doesn't change my feelings about if I'm female or male or in between change.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:24 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
If you dont have the right to tell her, why are you telling her? If the doctor already told her, you don't have too.

You make no sense.

Let people live how they want to live. You live how you want, let others live how they want. Easy as that. Really. I promise.
no matter how hard a woman might try to be a man, she's still a woman. if you get surgery, you are a mutant. it's simple. I want to be a lemur, but I will never be one. there are plenty of trans-species people out there, and they just look foolish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies