Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 08:50 PM

185 posts, read 647,774 times

Advertisements

I don't frickin believe this, an emergency vehicle pulled over for refusing to yield in the middle of transport, for whatever reason the cops pulled them over once they saw that they had a patient in need they should have given them the go ahead without further delay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 09:13 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
This is so outragious. If the police are going to stop an ambulance they should call another one to be there asap to transport the patient.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
I saw this on the news and it seemed to me at the time that the officers were way out of line. Unless this emergency vehicle did something to endanger someone's life, the policeman should be fired. Sorry, but some people are too dumb to be in jobs where thinking on your feet is a necessity. You just don't stop someone from getting to the hospital if they are being transported by an emergency vehicle. I hope the patient sues the officers personally for the trama this caused. Law enforcement should be helping emergency vehicles, not delaying them.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Holy Crap! Does anyone know how long ago this happened and what happened to the cops afterward? Anything less then their dismissal from the force is unacceptable.
As to why they flipped out - my best guess is roid rage. I believe that any and all police need to be tested regularily for anabolic steroid use. The last thing we the public need is some no necked steroid rager with a gun on the streets.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,367 times
Default How quickly we forget...

If this was in black and white and the cars were 1960s era, I would call this a FLASHBACK. Look at the anger and the fear in their faces in the video. Of course the poor woman was screaming, she lived through the civil rights movement. Who knew what was happening or going to happen next? It was only 40 years ago or so that this scene would have played out VERY differently. Remember? Stop and think. If you grew up black in America in the south, then you already know. We all know there are still unspoken rules.....Look at Katrina. This was another "temperature reading" of American Civil Rights and where we are today as a country - really. Racism and hatred die hard. The north and the south still hold grudges from the civil war - really. I am just glad this lady did not HAVE heart failure out of pure fear. How terrifying. Whew, we've made huge progress as a whole since Martin Luther King Jr. We have an amazing black President and First Family in White house, but still have a long way to go America! A White American Taxpayer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but wow. Crazy stuff.

YouTube - Oklahoma Highway Patrol fight with EMT

From associated links:

In defense of the troopers, apparently the ambulance did not have its siren or emergency lights on at the time of the stop.

Last edited by SmartGirl007; 06-02-2009 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: forgot to add specifics

Old 06-02-2009, 07:31 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I believe that any and all police need to be tested regularily for anabolic steroid use. The last thing we the public need is some no necked steroid rager with a gun on the streets.
WTF????? I know many police officers and this statement shows you know NOTHING about law enforcement.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
WTF????? I know many police officers and this statement shows you know NOTHING about law enforcement.
I also see a lot of police officers at my gym - they have biceps the size of my thighs and no discernable neck.
Sure, they work out a lot, and their physiques could just be due to that. But for all of them? Nah, I don't buy it. Especially when you consider the cops that have been under suspicion for abuse - no neck, huge biceps and an uncontrollable temper. You tell me.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:18 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,643,906 times
You left out a few thousand news stories about pigs abusing drugs, violating our rights, stealing and otherwise just being more aggressive then they should be. I guess you just didn't have the space.......

Hey you see the story this morning from Austin Texas where the donut connoisseur tazered that poor defenseless 72YO woman? Big bad man. I hate to see what he does to his wife and kids.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Holy Crap! Does anyone know how long ago this happened and what happened to the cops afterward? Anything less then their dismissal from the force is unacceptable.
As to why they flipped out - my best guess is roid rage. I believe that any and all police need to be tested regularily for anabolic steroid use. The last thing we the public need is some no necked steroid rager with a gun on the streets.
This happened the weekend before this topic (I think) and no charges were filed against anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies