Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2009, 03:20 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times

Advertisements

"Let’s see, with new threats emerging daily from North Korea and Iran (to say the least), it is hard to imagine that our network of spy satellites is not being fully utilized daily to provide us the latest imagery of pretty much everything that is going on in those parts of the world. Well, it seems Barack Obama doesn’t even know who manages these satellites or what it is they do."

Ignorance is Bliss OR Obama Learns About the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency…

I wish I understood Farsi so I could go onto Iranian comedy websites to catch some of the great one-liners that must be circulating right now.

I'm sure this one is hilarious!

BazlehGoo-FarsiJoke جوک های فارسی - also at * JOKEFARSI.COM *
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 03:36 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,869 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...intellect.html

The thread at the top of the forum when you posted this discusses the same thing.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...intellect.html

The thread at the top of the forum when you posted this discusses the same thing.
Nope, you're wrong. My post talks about the agency he just discovered in light of the threats from N. Korea and Iran.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:11 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,869 times
Yeah, totally different...
except for talking about the exact same lunch small talk.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Yeah, totally different...
except for talking about the exact same lunch small talk.
Small talk? The very same agency that is to provide the satellite images of N. Korea and Iran that he doesn't know even exists is small talk?

My article talks about our national security issues and even ACORN. The other one simply focuses on how incredibly ignorant the TOTUS is. On the brighter side, the guy he's talking to seems pretty smart. I guess that's why the conversation was so short. Not much to talk about when one person is quite a bit more intelligent than the other.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:39 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,004 times
Right, sure, uh-huh.

Like every president knows everything about every department and agency. Im sure less then 1 out of 10000 people (who are not in GIS & mapping) even know what geospatial is.

So now even chit-chat has become a issue....yes it was small talk.
He never claimed to know everything, as you expect him to.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:37 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,442,384 times
[quote=plannine;9051475]Right, sure, uh-huh.

Like every president knows everything about every department and agency. Im sure less then 1 out of 10000 people (who are not in GIS & mapping) even know what geospatial is.

Yes he should know this! It is a important issue! the average person is not privy to certain information. Maybe had he actually worked when he was a Senator.

So that is your excuse obama is stupid!
He should have NEVER been elected!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,004 times
[quote=Miborn;9053087]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Right, sure, uh-huh.

Yes he should know this! It is a important issue! the average person is not privy to certain information. Maybe had he actually worked when he was a Senator.

How is it important that he knows this?

Its part of the DoD.
Gates, Lynn, Admiral Mullen and General Cartwright will let him know what he needs to know, when he needs to know. Or do you think he needs to know the everything? (how does 'never claimed to know everything' get translated to 'is stupid'?)

He is my president. Just like those before him and those after him.
I will disagree with him when I think he is wrong, and agree with him when I think he's right. But it won't be always one way or the other. And it hasn't been with previous presidents. Nor will it be with future presidents.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:17 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,442,384 times
[quote=plannine;9053221]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post

How is it important that he knows this?

Its part of the DoD.
Gates, Lynn, Admiral Mullen and General Cartwright will let him know what he needs to know, when he needs to know.
Or do you think he needs to know the everything? (how does 'never claimed to know everything' get translated to 'is stupid'?)
Interesting you should say this because they are trying and have held Bush to a skewer for this very thing!

Old 05-30-2009, 09:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,635,365 times
[quote=Miborn;9053087]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Right, sure, uh-huh.

Now that he is there and we are stuck with him, maybe one of his advisors could suggest remedial POTUS 101 or something for him to get up to snuff on his job. Or maybe he just doesn't take it seriously. His past record reveals the latter. He can no longer simply vote "present". Sadly, an astounding (and mostly illiterate) 60% of the population seemingly could care less what he knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies