Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 04:27 PM

305 posts, read 539,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Well then sink your teeth into this because he is going to try to restrict criticism of his stimulus projects: White House moves to restrict criticism of stimulus projects | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/TapscottsCopyDesk/White-House-moves-to-restrict-criticism-of-stimulus-projects--46540777.html - broken link)

BTW, read my thread title here, it clearly says "O's supporters..." but feel free to ignore the facts staring you in the face...

I think you're trying to say in such a clear way is that someone suspects there might be some influence peddling going on in the award of stimulus spending. And this liberal is disappointed to hear that things like this are going on.

By all means, contact your congressman and encourage articles of impeachments to be drawn up. For this is truly revolutionary abuse of government power that has never taken place in history.

After all, we know that those lucrative military contracts for Iraq were awarded on a competitive basis with the strictest oversight of how the money was spent. The fact that so much of the money went to Halliburton was because it is such a well-run company; the fact that Dick Cheney used to be their CEO was just a coincidence....

And I'm sure that fair and balanced factfinders like yourselves would have reported such obscure details as these had their been any abuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 04:33 PM

18,355 posts, read 26,479,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoughton View Post
I think you're trying to say in such a clear way is that someone suspects there might be some influence peddling going on in the award of stimulus spending. And this liberal is disappointed to hear that things like this are going on.

By all means, contact your congressman and encourage articles of impeachments to be drawn up. For this is truly revolutionary abuse of government power that has never taken place in history.

After all, we know that those lucrative military contracts for Iraq were awarded on a competitive basis with the strictest oversight of how the money was spent. The fact that so much of the money went to Halliburton was because it is such a well-run company; the fact that Dick Cheney used to be their CEO was just a coincidence....

And I'm sure that fair and balanced factfinders like yourselves would have reported such obscure details as these had their been any abuse.
The federal government has been hopelessly corrupt for a very long time...

Old 05-31-2009, 04:38 PM

305 posts, read 539,117 times
Quote:
The federal government has been hopelessly corrupt for a very long time...

And the right wing is just noticing it now. As I said, I would be disappointed to know things like this are still going on instead of business as usual. But it's very ironic that many from the conservative branch of government who were strangely silent about the gross abuses in this regard over the last 8 years have suddenly found religion.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:48 PM

18,355 posts, read 26,479,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoughton View Post
And the right wing is just noticing it now. As I said, I would be disappointed to know things like this are still going on instead of business as usual. But it's very ironic that many from the conservative branch of government who were strangely silent about the gross abuses in this regard over the last 8 years have suddenly found religion.
LOL Both sides are hopelessly corrupt.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:56 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
Its sort of funny... they want that ad pulled but "where" were they when all those fraudulent "infomercials" air on the weekends and late at night on the weekdays... those companies make billions of dollars with their fraudulent miracle cures, pyramid schemes, and "investing" secrets... I see, they only care when it comes to what they want... so much for "protecting" the public... such outcry merits only laughter...

Old 05-31-2009, 05:16 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Rationed care. No care If you are deemed not worth the cost. Long waits for progressive ailments (heart, cancer etc). Loss of present coverage. Go spend an afternoon at a state run medical provider then tell me you want to trade your present coverage for that.
This is a typical right left debate.
Never once have I seen or heard the left show any concern for any of the problems single payer will bring. Like spoiled children they want and demand. Consequences be damned. The right, as the adults are concerned about quality and price.
Yes we have a problem here with the uninsured. But it's small change compared with what single payer will bring. The cure in this case will be worse then the disease. You on the left want 'free' healthcare? Then adderss the problems it will bring. And no, holding your breath and stomping your feet does not count.
"Small change" to those with full coverage. Not so small change for the ever increasing number of those who are uninsured or underinsured. Care is already rationed, you just the way it's rationed now. You're a conservative, you like the status quo. It works for you.

The only people I see claiming the health care would be "free" are people putting words in other people's mouth.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:30 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,996,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
Double spacing is ok but for real impact capitalize. Not just one
word. All of them. Then we will all know you are super cereal. Got it?
Now as to sources. No source will be ever be good enough when
it supports things you don't agree with. Sop for the left. I dare
you to scan the internet for one example where this isn't the case.
Demand a source then dismiss it as partisan. You on the left are
nothing if not consistent and obidient little stobor.
Remember capitalize.
So give me the court case that shows systemic voter fraud.

A simple request.

If they are so common- if I'm using the statistical outliers- it should be so easy to do.

PS: I use FindLaw, Blacks Law Journal, etc.

I won't do it because I have-repeatedly- and there is not one.

It's just a reality.

Last edited by Geechie North; 06-01-2009 at 06:42 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 11:01 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,224 times
Quote:
Of course because Obama's healthcare plan includes an Income tax increase he can hide from his sheep under a National Healthcare plan.

[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31106408/[/SIZE]

Last edited by cleanhouse; 06-08-2009 at 11:10 AM..

Old 06-08-2009, 12:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
I think this is really a struggle about who gets to frame the debate on healthcare. Obama wants to frame it as a human rights issue. CPR wants to frame it as a business issue. I think Americans should have the right to decide how this discourse plays out. I don't think CPR's commercials should be blocked, but if they hit the air, their provenance becomes fair game. First, they are a "horror stories" from Canadians and Brits over the failings of their public health system. Every healthcare system in the world has horror stories. Remember this past year, the stories about patients sitting in ER waiting rooms, patients dying in ER waiting rooms without anyone noticing. American "horror stories". So CPR's commercials don't impress me much. The ad firm that created them also authored the Swiftboat attacks on Kerry. So their credibility makes the commercials even less impressive. Combined with Rick Scott being the founder and driving force behind CPR. I realize he was business partners with President Bush when they co-owned the Texas Rangers. But more important to me are his business dealings in the healthcare industry. He may not have been charged with any crimes, but his hospital was. When he points other hospitals get charged with Medicare Fraud, too, it doesn't help. Integrity doesn't involve playing follow-the-leader.

So let his commercials air. Let them become a part of the public discourse on the issue of healthcare. Along with their credibility and relevance. This is an issue that's important to all Americans. While I wouldn't trust Scott or his CPR farther than I could throw them, it doesn't mean that the issues his commercials raise shouldn't be part of the discussion. I don't want Obama, or the MSM, or CPR to direct this debate. We should all have a part in it.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:05 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,144 times
I can only speak for myself, but I know what this "Obama Supporter" wants! I want "profit" taken out of health care, period! Health care, good health care, cost money, and we all pay and pay and pay. . . I just don't understand why we can't insist on a 1 payer system so that all can be insured, and getting rid of the "profit motive" of the big "health insurance" companies! We cannot afford to subsidise the extravagant lifestyles of the business moguls that have created the current insurance nightmare we all now "live with". Yes, doctors, nurses, and all other ancillary personel need to be adequatly compensated, as do hospital administrators, etc., and paying well for these professionals will HELP rather than hurt the level of health care that we all recieve. Our current system make coverage for all an impossiblity, and care even for those who (think) they have adequate insurance doubtful. When co-pays for "medically necessary" screening tests are exhorbitant (this is an issue I am currently dealing with, with my "good" insurance) even those who are really in need may refuse to spend money they do not have. Until, that is, they get really sick, and require very expensive surgical or medical care. . . . that is just what the HMO's were designed to avoid, and that is just what they now promote by not provinding screeing with (reasonable) co-pays! The really wealthy will always be able to get any care / treatment that they can pay for. . . it is the rest of us poor shmucks that are being hurt by a greedy and unfair system!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies