Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 08:54 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It's SOP for the govt. to provide the pres' transportation and security.
True. But one could hope his behavior (wasting taxpayer resources and money) would match his rhetoric (shared sacrifice, belt-tightening, shared financial pain), which it doesn't.

Still collating that data - not me, a colleague.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:54 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
This was not a retreat, that he goes on weekly it seems,
this was a jet that my hard earned tax money is paying for and he just said last week "WE ARE OUT OF MONEY!!"" so what the hell
just blow it off so I can have a date with my wife!!
He is such a frigging hack and so is his wife
and yes, this pisses me off.
As far as Obama running GM into the ground, how many trillions has this SOB
spent???
He is the POTUS for crying out loud
it is his JOB to take care of our country, that is what he promised to do
he is the one that the buck stops with.
Just as a reminder folks...

According to an August 2003 article in the Washington Post, President Bush has spent all or part of 166 days during his presidency at his Crawford, Texas, ranch or en route. Add the time spent at or en route to the presidential retreat of Camp David and at the Bush family estate in Kennebunkport, Maine, and Bush has taken 250 days off as of August 2003. That's 27% of his presidency spent on vacation. Although to be fair, much of this time is classified as a "working vacation."

Bush isn't the first president to get away from his work. George Bush Sr. took all or part of 543 vacation days at Camp David and in Kennebunkport. Ronald Reagan spent 335 days at or en route to his Santa Barbara, California, ranch during his eight years in office. Of recent presidents, Jimmy Carter took the least days off -- only 79 days, which he usually spent at his home in Georgia. That's less than three weeks a year, which is closer to the average American's paid time off of 13 days per year.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:55 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
GOP=Rabid dogs.

radical democrats: can not find butts with both hands

Old 05-31-2009, 08:56 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Me too. Stay on topic.

So..you can't think of anything obama has done to show America he is sacrificing right along with them? Come on, there must be something he has done to demonstrate his preaching applies to he and his mate.

Anybody? Can you point out a sacrifice obama has made that show the great empathy he has with the American people?

Empathy? Shoving Sotomayor down our throats.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:58 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Just as a reminder folks...

According to an August 2003 article in the Washington Post, President Bush has spent all or part of 166 days during his presidency at his Crawford, Texas, ranch or en route. Add the time spent at or en route to the presidential retreat of Camp David and at the Bush family estate in Kennebunkport, Maine, and Bush has taken 250 days off as of August 2003. That's 27% of his presidency spent on vacation. Although to be fair, much of this time is classified as a "working vacation."

Bush isn't the first president to get away from his work. George Bush Sr. took all or part of 543 vacation days at Camp David and in Kennebunkport. Ronald Reagan spent 335 days at or en route to his Santa Barbara, California, ranch during his eight years in office. Of recent presidents, Jimmy Carter took the least days off -- only 79 days, which he usually spent at his home in Georgia. That's less than three weeks a year, which is closer to the average American's paid time off of 13 days per year.

news flash
BUSH IS GONE!!
This is Obama, you remember him, the one that was going to bring CHANGE to WASHINGTON??
the YES WE CAN hack???
The one that has spent more in 100 DAYS than ALL the presidents from George Washington until now??
good grief

Old 05-31-2009, 09:00 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
news flash
BUSH IS GONE!!
This is Obama, you remember him, the one that was going to bring CHANGE to WASHINGTON??
the YES WE CAN hack???
The one that has spent more in 100 DAYS than ALL the presidents from George Washington until now??
good grief
NEWS FLASH!! (sorry to steal your style)

In order to see if someone is out of line, you need to be able to make a comparison. One data point on its own is virtually useless.

ETA: Oh, yeah, and if you'd read the whole two paragraphs instead of blowing your stack at mention of G.W. Bush's name, you'd see that it was a comparison. Moral: Look before you leap.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
This was not a retreat, that he goes on weekly it seems,this was a jet that my hard earned tax money is paying for and he just said last week "WE ARE OUT OF MONEY!!"" so what the hell
just blow it off so I can have a date with my wife!!
He is such a frigging hack and so is his wife
and yes, this pisses me off.
As far as Obama running GM into the ground, how many trillions has this SOB
spent???
He is the POTUS for crying out loud
it is his JOB to take care of our country, that is what he promised to do
he is the one that the buck stops with.
From the link I provided:

In an interview before his inauguration, Barack Obama said he and his wife like having "date nights," usually on Fridays. Since moving to Washington, the Obamas have managed to fit in at least a few nights out in the nation's capital.

A few nights, in 4 months. I haven't even heard anything yet about a "Midwestern White House" or a "Hawaiian White House" of the likes of Bush/Reagan/Nixon.

Whereas, look at how much time both Bushes and Reagan spent completely absent from DC. That is somehow acceptable as a "retreat", but taking one's wife to a Broadway show is not? Maybe this is Obama's idea of a retreat, to go to the show.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:14 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
[quote=georgia dem;9066049]news flash
BUSH IS GONE!!
the YES WE CAN hack???
good grief[/QUOTE

Republicans really hate these things called "facts".
Hello kettle, meet pot.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:44 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
We can no longer afford to spend as if deficits do not matter and waste is not our problem.”
Quick, who said this?

Old 05-31-2009, 09:52 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It is a fact bush was not a party hound like bambam.
No, he wanted to mountain bike all day long rather than taking Laura out. At least Obama knows how to bambam!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies