Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 01:16 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Which is a testament to the therapuetic qualities of internet forums.

You seem angry.

Yes, good therapy...and cheaper.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:26 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Yes, good therapy...and cheaper.
..and not very effective.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:27 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
The issue is one of poor judgment. Face it, he is not the icon of that very valuable asset. And amazingly, not elected for possessing either wisdom or judgment. But was somehow voted in and for very superficial reasons only. And the whole nation has to pay for his stupidity over the next four years, not just the nincompoops who got him into the office. He does not have the ability or wherewithal to fix anything, to say nothing of Bush's many mistakes. He is not going to make the country better in any manner. My big HOPE is that my country by some miracle will still be standing after he is done with "fixing" it. So yes, he needs to be in the White House every night poring over data his advisors give him, in the off chance we might survive the next few years of his lunacy.
7 1/2 more years of waiting for you.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:23 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I guess we can expect threads like this whenever the First Family steps outside the White House.
Or when they don't...

Because the people who will complain about this trip now will also complain somewhere down the road if there are no reported trips. They'll complain that he has all that money in the White House and he won't go out and spread it around to stimulate the economy. They'll say that instead of bringing in his friends and his entertainment, he should be setting an example by going out into the country and showing people that if you have the money this is the time to spend it.

I didn't vote for him. I don't dislike him, but generally do not agree with him. But this one is just a big non-issue. They didn't do anything wrong.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
I don't see any "poor judgement" in going to dinner and a show. I really really don't.
How about while the economy is in the tank, while GM is declaring bankruptcy, while millions are losing their jobs and here's the kicker, while preaching about shared sacrifice and belt-tightening (for everybody else, not obama) all on the taxpayers dime.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:37 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How about while the economy is in the tank, while GM is declaring bankruptcy, while millions are losing their jobs and here's the kicker, while preaching about shared sacrifice and belt-tightening (for everybody else, not obama) all on the taxpayers dime.

don't care get it.....not for date night and not for the basketball court. find something else to be horrified about

Old 05-31-2009, 02:39 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Nope. Not even that. Sorry, you are just in the wrong about this one.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:39 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
Come on. You love that they took this trip. Just admit it. It's not going to cost you a penny, and it's given you two days worth of material now. I'm a conservative who happens to think this trip was no big deal. But this is right out of the playbook, really. It's a harmless non-issue for people who don't like Obama to get excited about. You know you love this. If I didn't think it was completely NOT worth getting fired up over, maybe I'd be right there with you. Come visit NYC sometime. If you visit the Empire State Building I can wave to you from my little patio. It's a lot of fun. That's why the Republican presidents come here too, even during tough economic times.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:41 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,035 times
CEOs are the sole responsible for their companies. They are paid big $$$ to do so. If they are acting without conscious...workers will pay the price.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:57 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,621,549 times
Obama is not the CEO of these companies...he didn't get them in this mess...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies