Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 AM

37,955 posts, read 22,125,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""" They were not engaging in selfish, and extravagant indulgences""

OH NO, never let it be said that those execs EVER took YOUR money in the form of a huge WELFARE CHECK and remodelled an office for 4 million or gave huge multi-million dollar PARTIES and gave huge BONUSES to their friends or wasted it in any way....keep defending your GOD, the uber-wealthy, to prove my point!
Try and stay on topic, we are talking about the appropriateness of 0bama flying jets to NYC to see a Broadway play, which has no correlation to refurbishing an office by a private corporation.

However.... if you want to get technical, refurbishing an executive office would still be classified as official company business. Jetting hundreds of miles to catch a Broadway play and a diner at an exclusive restaurant, is "engaging in selfish, and extravagant indulgences." Especially when you juxtapose this with our current economy, and the fact that 0bama knew that the next day he was going to announce the layoffs of tens of thousands of Americans, and all the lives and businesses that would be destroyed.

Last edited by Wapasha; 06-02-2009 at 08:37 AM..

Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,902,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You can twist it anyway YOU want but what I was "telling" was EXACTLY what was in my post....and I never even mentioned bush....your panic is giving you hallucinations ...LOLOLOL!!!!!!

I'm in no panic and I'm not twisting anything. Are you defending the half a million dollar date night? That's the topic of this thread.

I'm an equal opportunity basher. We were screwed by Bush, a LOT of corporate executives, and now our new President spends several hundred thousand dollars to take his wife out on a date in NYC.

Meet the new boss; the same as the old boss.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:21 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,737,063 times
I don't so much care about his date night. Tough jobs need stress relief. My concern is he really does not spend much time at all at the Oval office taking care of these looming threats. He is in the middle east right now. Seems like he is still on the campaign trail. I am axiously awaiting his speech from the middle east and whether or not it is more appology for Americas existance.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:41 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,079,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I don't so much care about his date night. Tough jobs need stress relief. My concern is he really does not spend much time at all at the Oval office taking care of these looming threats. He is in the middle east right now. Seems like he is still on the campaign trail. I am axiously awaiting his speech from the middle east and whether or not it is more appology for Americas existance.

agreed!

although i do care about his date night, and his trip to the bulls vs wizzards game, and his visit to jay lenos show, and all the rest of his BS face time. why is it that its now ok for the president to carry a blackberry? (one of the least safe electronic devices?) why is it now ok for the president to be out playing basketball with the college womens basketball champions? why is it now such big news when the president makes a ncaa tourney bracket or his picks for the nba finals.

why would he need to be on tv giving more nationally televised speachs then any president in history in his 1st 100 days. why do we have a huge celebration for his 100 days but not so much for any pres before him? why is it ok for him to skip the inauguration ball honoring the soldiers and MOH recipients so that he can be out rubbing elbows with the rich and famous (this has been a long standing tradition for presidents).

all we hear from him is how "this is not my problem but im gonna fix it" mean while he has not fixed anything, ANYTHING! not even headed in the right direction for the most part. sure jobless claims are down from last month (although last month was the highest they have been since the early 1980's) well yeah i mean they have to come down some times other wise we will all eventually be out of a job. all his spending has dont nothing but prolong the recession, and waste OUR hard earned money.

ok im gonna stop before every obama suporter has a heart attack from their own blind faith.

i just dont see why he could not have just waited till the show came to DC, there are plenty of fine theaters in DC, may i suggest a private booth at the fords theater? (wait was that not PC of me?)

Old 06-02-2009, 08:43 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,615,120 times
Quote:
Tough jobs need stress relief
Wasnt the vacation to Europe and central America not enough? He also fell to Chicago on the taxpayers dime to take his wife to her faveorite restaurant for valentines day.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:49 AM

37,955 posts, read 22,125,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I'm all for presidents taking time to unwind, and clear their heads, which is why I never begrudged any president from going to a specific place they have designated, such as Crawford, or Kennebunkport. These places have already been secured by the secret service, with installed security, and they contain all the communications and computer equipment the president needs to conduct his business. When they go to these places they are working.

0bama stroked his ego by going to a Broadway play, and waving to the crowds of adulating fans, as if, he and Michelle really were Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:53 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,049,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
agreed!

although i do care about his date night, and his trip to the bulls vs wizzards game, and his visit to jay lenos show, and all the rest of his BS face time. why is it that its now ok for the president to carry a blackberry? (one of the least safe electronic devices?) why is it now ok for the president to be out playing basketball with the college womens basketball champions? why is it now such big news when the president makes a ncaa tourney bracket or his picks for the nba finals.

why would he need to be on tv giving more nationally televised speachs then any president in history in his 1st 100 days. why do we have a huge celebration for his 100 days but not so much for any pres before him? why is it ok for him to skip the inauguration ball honoring the soldiers and MOH recipients so that he can be out rubbing elbows with the rich and famous (this has been a long standing tradition for presidents).

all we hear from him is how "this is not my problem but im gonna fix it" mean while he has not fixed anything, ANYTHING! not even headed in the right direction for the most part. sure jobless claims are down from last month (although last month was the highest they have been since the early 1980's) well yeah i mean they have to come down some times other wise we will all eventually be out of a job. all his spending has dont nothing but prolong the recession, and waste OUR hard earned money.

ok im gonna stop before every obama suporter has a heart attack from their own blind faith.

i just dont see why he could not have just waited till the show came to DC, there are plenty of fine theaters in DC, may i suggest a private booth at the fords theater? (wait was that not PC of me?)
Well, Is it possible the US Presidency has become more of a figurehead position? Remember when Presidents used to be Generals? Now they are lawyers and failed businessmen. It says alot about how this nation has been handled recently.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,031,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wasnt the vacation to Europe and central America not enough? He also fell to Chicago on the taxpayers dime to take his wife to her faveorite restaurant for valentines day.
He is an attention *****. And a lot of Americans are awakening to it. And they are being defensive. And they are looking at their 401k's. And they are being defensive because they are just, a little, getting frightened.

Students of history remember a lot of people saying "He doesn't know it!"

Students of history remember I'm speaking of Uncle Joe.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,031,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm all for presidents taking time to unwind, and clear their heads, which is why I never begrudged any president from going to a specific place they have designated, such as Crawford, or Kennebunkport. These places have already been secured by the secret service, with installed security, and they contain all the communications and computer equipment the president needs to conduct his business. When they go to these places they are working.

0bama stroked his ego by going to a Broadway play, and waving to the crowds of adulating fans, as if, he and Michelle really were Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

Yuck. You are right about the fame crap.

Yuck.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:03 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,556,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are plain & simple pi**ed that the public likes the current president. No other reason other than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.