Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 02:14 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
documentation backing this up.

if you cant even get the numbers right with the quote right in front of you, where is your credibility?

where he has a fully staffed and working office set up so he can work?

documentation showing where he went and how long.
Did you even bother to click on the link in my previous post?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4735360.shtml

Not keeping up with this thread ... are you ?

I've posted links multiple times in this thread already.

I'm not going to re-post them every time a new person asks for them, who is too lazy to read the previous posts!

Last edited by RD5050; 06-02-2009 at 02:28 PM..

Old 06-02-2009, 02:30 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Oh I see, so only right wingers know what's going on in the world. Ok, got it.
Apparently so. The perception of what defines proper ethical behavior, seems to be malfunctioning for many liberals at the moment.

When a president decides it is appropriate to take an unnecessary trip to watch a Broadway play, with a price tag of a few hundred thousand dollars, for no other reason then pure selfish enjoyment, and the very next day, as GMs new CEO, he notifies 30,000 Americans they will lose their jobs with GM, and then makes this statement:

"I will not pretend the hard times are over. Difficult days lie ahead. More jobs will be lost. More plants will close. More dealerships will shut their doors, and so will many parts suppliers.

But I want you to know that what you’re doing is making a sacrifice for the next generation — a sacrifice you may not have chose to make, but a sacrifice you were nevertheless called to make so that your children and all of our children can grow up in an America that still makes things; that still builds cars; that still strives for a better future."

http://americaswatchtower.com/2009/0...or-the-future/

What exactly was the sacrifice that 0bama made for himself, was his "date night" supposed to have been Paris, France, so he decided to slum it, and go to New York City instead?

Old 06-02-2009, 02:31 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Obama's "Shared sacrifice"; It's Date night!

You know, I think the Presidency comes with a few perks, damn the economy.

No issue here. Move along.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:32 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Associated Press: Looks like a night on Broadway for first couple

Country in recession, GM declaring bankrupcy, millions have lost their jobs, millions struggling to pay their bills and keep their houses, obama spending trillions that we can't afford - "Everyone's going to have to give. Everyone's going to have to have some skin in the game." So says Obama.

Except of course for he and his wife. That's really the priority for obama - to be seen and admired. Disgusting, completely out of touch with reality.
What about all the times that Bush II went to his ranch in TX for weeks!! How many times was he missing in action? No wonder the USA economy was in such bad shape when it was handed over to Obama. Bush II 8's years vacation ruined this nation. Don't blame Obama for taking ONE night out.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:52 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,087,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Did you even bother to click on the link in my previous post?

President Bush By The Numbers - CBS News

ok so i have read the entire post on your link, tell me again where it says bush spent 10,000,000,000 on airforce one trips to his ranch.

Quote:
Number Of Flights On Air Force One: 1,674
(Source: Presidential Airlift Group)

Number Of Miles Flown On Air Force One: 1,490,698
(Presidential Airlift Group)
from your very link. now if by chance he spent $10,000,000,000 total on all of his flights on airforce one, that would mean each flight cost an average of $5,973,715.66. if this is the case then we are WAY off on how much obamas "date night" cost the american tax payers.

how about this, when posting quotes to a link, 1st lets get the quotes correct and 2nd lets not pick and choose what parts we want to use.

or someone might do stuff like this
Quote:
Vetoes: 12, including 1 pocket veto.
(President Bush did not cast his first veto until his sixth year in office - a measure to extend federal funding of stem cell research.)

By comparison:

Bill Clinton cast 37 (not counting line item vetoes)
George H.W. Bush: 44
Reagan: 78
Carter: 31
Ford: 66
FDR: 635

Number Of Presidential Pardons: 189

By Comparison:

Bill Clinton: 396
George H.W. Bush: 74
Ronald Reagan: 393
Jimmy Carter: 534
Gerald Ford: 382
Richard Nixon: 863
Lyndon Johnson: 960
John Kennedy: 472
Dwight Eisenhower: 1110
Harry S. Truman: 1913

Number Of Foreign Leader Visits To His Texas Ranch: 20, including 2 by King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia (Crown Prince at the time) and 2 by President Vicente Fox of Mexico
sure doesnt look like such a bad guy like that. and it also sure looks like he used that ranch in crawford FOR WORK, so how was mr obama working over on broadway?

Old 06-02-2009, 02:52 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
What about all the times that Bush II went to his ranch in TX for weeks!! How many times was he missing in action? No wonder the USA economy was in such bad shape when it was handed over to Obama. Bush II 8's years vacation ruined this nation. Don't blame Obama for taking ONE night out.
If 0bama wants to designate a secure place, like Bush's ranch, or Kennebunkport, for his presidential retreat, as somewhere he can unwind, that would be fine.

Every president should have a personal place where he could sit and think about serious matters, and escape most of the pressures he is under. These places are secure, and have all the bells and whistles needed to conduct the business of the president, and allow him to remain in contact with the various branches and offices within government.

So far 0bama does not have an alternate secure place to work, since he is still in campaign mode, and is essentially winging it.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:09 PM

ok so lets do a little more math here,

IF bush spent 10 billion on airforce one TOTAL that would be about 6,708.27 per mile. according to google maps crawford is 1449.2 miles from DC by car. that would be 9,721,624.89. this would be more like $748,565,116.53 over 8 yrs. thats a little more realistic the 10 billion. (it still seams a bit high but we are using the hypothetical 10 billion number as a starting point.

so now at those same figures, that would mean mr obama spent $1,519423.16 EACH WAY, based on a google maps round trip of 226.5 miles by car. (yes i realize travel by car is a bit different then plane.)

so is your 10 billion complete BS or did obama spend 3 million just on airforce one for this "date night?"

Old 06-02-2009, 03:16 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
I can't tell you now many of my friends have lost their jobs but this big fool is going to cost the American tax payer over $24k just to take the phony wife of his to New York for dinner. Obama is surely an idiot. What happened to trimming our waist lines Mr. President Fool? He is a hypocrite of the first magnitude.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:19 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
ok so i have read the entire post on your link, tell me again where it says bush spent 10,000,000,000 on airforce one trips to his ranch.

from your very link. now if by chance he spent $10,000,000,000 total on all of his flights on airforce one, that would mean each flight cost an average of $5,973,715.66. if this is the case then we are WAY off on how much obamas "date night" cost the american tax payers.

how about this, when posting quotes to a link, 1st lets get the quotes correct and 2nd lets not pick and choose what parts we want to use.

or someone might do stuff like this

sure doesnt look like such a bad guy like that. and it also sure looks like he used that ranch in crawford FOR WORK, so how was mr obama working over on broadway?
You need to recheck your math and the number of zeros. There is a big difference between $10M and $10B. Turns it into $6k per flight, rather than $6M.

Old 06-02-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You need to recheck your math and the number of zeros. There is a big difference between $10M and $10B. Turns it into $6k per flight, rather than $6M.
my math is correct. about 6000 per mile not per flight. it is about 6 million per flight to the ranch. this is what i said or was my typing bad, its hard to type and talk on the phone at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies