Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 11:20 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
... I know it is tough for **** to understand truth telling
"He was never ever a professor."

"He never worked as a lawyer."

Old 06-02-2009, 11:25 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deturmind View Post
we finally agree ...
as for the stupid remark, if you fail to aborb very simple comparative examples you are stupid, not name calling ... just truth telling ... I know it is tough for libs to understand truth telling
You are just removing any chance of being taken seriously. Much of what we discuss here is opinion..You will not get your point across posting in that manner.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:37 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
"He was never ever a professor."
Reliable posted information seems to disagree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
"He never worked as a lawyer."
While he may not have been in private practice, he was a member of the Illinois Bar.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Reliable posted information seems to disagree with you

While he may not have been in private practice, he was a member of the Illinois Bar.
Sorry, those were not my statements. That's why they were in quotes. Deturmind posted those statements than when they were proved to be incorrect, he recanted and tap danced around the truth.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,352 times
the presidents have a personal household budget of, i believe, $50 grand yearly. they have a personal office budget of, i believe, $100 grand yearly. i have been looking for information since january; however, it is difficult to nail down specifics. it is unclear if a travel budget exists, above and beyond the office budget. personal, etc., outlays are sometimes hidden. if the president doesn't like or want a particular food item in the white house, as provided by the government, he has, by discretion, the ability to buy what he wishes out of his personal household budget. i do not know if mo has a similar household budget.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:40 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
the presidents have a personal household budget of, i believe, $50 grand yearly. they have a personal office budget of, i believe, $100 grand yearly. i have been looking for information since january; however, it is difficult to nail down specifics. it is unclear if a travel budget exists, above and beyond the office budget. personal, etc., outlays are sometimes hidden. if the president doesn't like or want a particular food item in the white house, as provided by the government, he has, by discretion, the ability to buy what he wishes out of his personal household budget. i do not know if mo has a similar household budget.
Dont forget the Obama's "entitlement fund"--i think its around $50 billion.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:52 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
You are just removing any chance of being taken seriously. Much of what we discuss here is opinion..You will not get your point across posting in that manner.
So true. Also, calling people stupid, whether you think it is inherently obvious they are or not, is against the TOS.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
"I heard Obama got extra pickles"

ROFLMAO

Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 AM

229 posts, read 241,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So true. Also, calling people stupid, whether you think it is inherently obvious they are or not, is against the TOS.
Since when do you libs care about the rules and the truth? I tell it like it it is. Too bad for people that are "intelectually challenged". Obama had plenty of chances to be a well respected lawyer, instead he decided to become a junior associate, 1 step above a legal assistant. In fact, the only difference is that since he did pass the bar he could have represented clients in court as a lawyer. But ... he never did ... he took the job to help his friend that owned Resco. For a very intelligent man he sure chose some pretty bad folks as friends. Maybe he was just naive and not evil just like them.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
Not quite true. Links are always appreciated.

A Presidential Salary FAQ - Emily Yoffe - Slate Magazine
Yes. Since 1949 a $50,000 annual expense account for official purposes has been provided. Although the president's salary is taxable, this expense account isn't. Since the president doesn't need cab fare, it most commonly gets used to host meetings that don't fall within the budget of another federal department or agency. The unused portion is returned to the Treasury Department.
mental_floss Blog » Who Pays for the Obama Family’s Food?
Quote:
At the end of each month, the president receives a bill for his food and incidental expenses. Nancy Reagan was famously taken aback by this practice when an usher presented her first bill in 1981, saying, “Nobody ever told us the president and his wife are charged for every meal, as well as incidentals like dry cleaning, toothpaste, and other toiletries.”
Quote:
Salary $400,000; $50,000 expense account; $100,000 nontaxable for travel;
$19,000 official entertainment account; free housing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies