Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,409 times

Advertisements

Hi guys!

Has anyone seen this site for car insurance?
http://CarInsuranceDaddy.com

Thanks,
Keiko
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 06:51 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 319 View Post
I think you got Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton mixed up with Micheal Nifong. I think initially everybody was outraged, but once people starting hearing the facts or lack there of everybody who was involved took a step back. I don't disagree that Sharpton and Jackson lack credibility and usually make a situation worse but I would not be honest with myself if I said everything that comes out of their mouth is garbage. But I cannot blame them for eating up the publicity if the media is going to give it to them. It's not that black folks chose these men as our leaders, the media took it upon themselves to designate them as leaders that is why whenever there is a issue regarding race they put them on the air because they lack credibility and support from the mainstream audience. There are plenty of others who are more than capable of taking on the issues that these gentlemen take on whether it be through marches, tv appearances, and .....
No, I didn't get them mixed up with Mike Nifong. Look it up yourself and see what there is to see.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:59 AM

110 posts, read 473,907 times
Jackson and Sharpton are the spokesmen for the african american community by default. Until we have more african americans stand up and dispute their rhetoric it will continue unchecked.

A white person cannot question anything Jackson or Sharpton may say because the white person will be branded a racist.

But, unfortunately even when someone like Bill Cosby speaks up he is immediately crucified. Why, because he takes away the victimhood and lays personal responsibility at the foot of individuals within the community. If everyone felt the way Cosby does it would take away all of Jackson's and Sharpton's power and political platform.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:08 AM

942 posts, read 2,583,696 times
I believe when Bill Cosby said some things about the way African AMericans were raising there children and they way they were breaking laws just to end up in jail , setting a bad example for their community he was crucified to say the least. He supports family values, morals, education, etc, etc. But he was shone upon by many in the Black community.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:28 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,907,544 times
Bill Cosby is a better spokesperson for the black community, but since we are not a monilithical group, we dont have a spokesperson for the whole race. sharpton and jackson speak for the victim acting blacks

Old 04-12-2007, 08:31 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
Bill Cosby is a better spokesperson for the black community, but since we are not a monilithical group, we dont have a spokesperson for the whole race. sharpton and jackson speak for the victim acting blacks
Bill Cosby is a better spokesperson but why do so many get upset when he speaks the truth?

I agree, who is the "spokesperson" for the white race? It is silly to think there is or needs to be a spokesperson for a race.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:36 AM

i dont really know why they get upset, i think it is because he is telling the truth and they cant stand hearing it. Many are being raised without a father and when they hear a father figure speak they get angry knowing he is talking to them.

Also, many make alot of their political career keeping other blacks poor and disenfranchised, so that they will continue to keep power--like the black democratic caucus and the so called black leaders who pimp the poor black story to win elections.

who is the spokesperson for the majority group? I dont know, I dont need a spokesperson, i vote for my representatives and join advocacy groups to lobby my concerns.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:39 AM

110 posts, read 473,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
This is a very good point. There probably shouldn't be a spokesperson for any "race" per se. There are many people in the black community that I feel could give a different viewpoint and analysis on any subject or controversy...why is it that the media automatically flock to Jackson and Sharpton to get their opinions only?

Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,745 times
Whatever happened to Alan Keyes? Now there was a man I could listen too!

Old 04-12-2007, 08:45 AM

because, if you live in the areas where the media is big(New York, LA, DC) whites wealthy media owners, producers, reporters dont really know black people personally so they dont know who to talk to. They are trying to make things sensationalised and they use the loudest mouths to promote what they think is the black perspective.

also many liberals think that blacks are a project. they think we are all poor and helpless and victims and they need to feel like they assuage their guilt by helping the poor black folk. They dont speak to blacks who are successful and dont need their help, they dont like those blacks because they feel afraid those blacks will tell them where to go!!

and where are the spokesman for the women??? Not just the blacks??

why arent white women outraged that IMUS called women ho's!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies