Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 12:54 PM

271 posts, read 182,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He didn't deserve it. He possibly deserved to be sent to jail for violating the late-term abortion law, but he was tried and found not guilty. That is ALL he would have ever deserved. Period.

And those babies he was slaughtering they deserved to not be given a chance at life?

Old 05-31-2009, 12:55 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
From Dr Tillers clinic site, for anyone who's interested in the reasons he did what he did:

[SIZE=4]Admission Criteria
[/SIZE]
In order to offer you an appointment, we require that a physician refer you to our center. In addition, we need your genetic counselor or doctor to provide us with gestational and diagnostic information regarding your pregnancy. Over the past twenty-five years, we have had experience with pregnancy terminations in such situations as anencephaly, Trisomy 13, 18, and 21, polycystic kidney disease, spina bifida, hydrocephalus, Potter's syndrome, lethal dwarfism, holoprosencephaly, anterior and posterior encephalocele, non-immune hydrops, and a variety of other very significant abnormalities.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:24 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,536 times
Well, back to the topic at hand,

The doctor seemed to care for his patients as they had to make a very difficult personal decision.

The clinic he operated provided group and individual counseling services, a chaplain and funeral services for the grieving parents.

My thing is, why be mad at the doctor? People obviously chose the path they wanted to take themselves. So why not be mad at them?

Also, how can you be pro-life yet pro-death at the same time?

Old 05-31-2009, 01:27 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Why is abortion automatically connected with white supremacy? The number of nonwhite babies aborted far exceeds the number of whites babies aborted (per capita).

For the record, I don't have an opinion on abortion one way or the other.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:30 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post

The doctor seemed to care for his patients as they had to make a very difficult personal decision.

The clinic he operated provided group and individual counseling services, a chaplain and funeral services for the grieving parents.

My thing is, why be mad at the doctor? People obviously chose the path they wanted to take themselves. So why not be mad at them?

The doctor is a hero and a martyr, in my opinion.
For the past several years, at least, he has known that his life is in danger, that his family is under constant threat.
Yet he believed so much in what he was doing, he cared so much about helping women in desperate circumstances, that he kept on doing it right up to the end.
He was a good, courageous, and decent man, who will not be forgotten by the many women whose lives he has positively impacted over the years.
He ultimately gave his life so that they could live theirs with freedom and dignity.

Good night, Dr. Tiller.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:31 PM

932 posts, read 1,677,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
For the past several years, at least, he has known that his life is in danger, that his family is under constant threat.
Yet he believed so much in what he was doing, he cared so much about helping women in desperate circumstances, that he kept on doing it right up to the end.
He was a good, courageous, and decent man, who will not be forgotten by the many women whose lives he has positively impacted over the years.
He ultimately gave his life so that they could live theirs with freedom and dignity.

Good night, Dr. Tiller.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:31 PM

271 posts, read 182,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post

Well i am pro-life when it comes to abortion and pro death when it comes to someone who has deserved it. So i guess there is the answer these babies did not deserve to die because the mothers decided not to use protection or that they were just an inconvenience.The "doctor" was a murderer and got what murderers deserve the death penalty.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:33 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I thought that, in America, if you don't like a law, you are permitted to challenge it and/or propose changes. I guess I missed the part that said you could kill people.

Taking matters into your own hands - particularly by killing someone when you call yourself "pro-life" - is ludicrous. The hypocrisy is amazing.

Yes, I understand this specific doctor may have violated some existing laws, but I'd bet anything that this was intended to be a more general statement for the pro-life cause.

Well the story just broke so let's see.

Abortion doctor Tiller killed at church - Americas, World - The Independent

From what I can find on the Internet, the killer(s) seem to have escaped.

"The hypocrisy is amazing."

If someone killed Hitler in the thirties to prevent millions from dying, would he or she be a hypocrite, a murderer or a savior? Just depends on your point of view and the degree to which you are proactive. From my point of view, I would likely kill Hitler to save millions upon millions from automated murder. I also have a responsibility to them. IMHO it really is no different than killing a rabid dog that is attacking someone. Of course if I did kill Hitler my execution would be pretty gruesome since the German people for the most part saw Hitler as a hero and the people he killed as non-persons. In fact they were designated non-persons under existing German law. Sympathy would not be on my side.

"I guess I missed the part that said you could kill people."

Don't worry, I got it right here.

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

There could be more to the story too. With BO trying to appoint a racist to the Supreme Dictatorship, this may have been done by the pro-abortion people to solicit sympathy for their cause at a critical moment. I guess we'll see.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:33 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post

Good night, Dr. Tiller.
Thank you Dr. Tiller.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:40 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Thank you Dr. Tiller.

You are thanking someone who chose a career of killing babies? Wow, now my head is spinning and I feel like up-chucking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies