Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:33 PM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,255 times

Advertisements

Why must you believe in any GOD? So good men and women who join the sister organizations ( I was in one) are not allowed cause they are not good enough? So athesits are not considered good enough for your orgainzation? MMMM why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 12:50 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,116,943 times
Thanks, I was going to make some similar comments but you've done it justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
LOL - most of you are way off and I'll reply to hopefully enlighten someone who reads this thread. It's just a fraternity. A group which men who want to network with other good people join.

Their rituals and stories are fundamentally just about being a good person. That's all. The only requirement for membership (other than being a man) not addressed by a general statement about being a good person, is that you need to have fundamental belief in god. You can be jewish, muslim, christian, ecetera. This is not a religious cult, you aren't forced to change your beliefs.

There several reasons why historically Churches took issue with Freemasonry and none of them are particularly relevant today, to anyone reading this forum. I would seriously hope that good people who believe in god don't buy into the crap that so many people expouse to scare others away Freemasonry.

If you're going to join a fraternity, this is a great one to consider. They do great things such as raise big, and I mean really big money for Shriner Children's Hospitals and many other community, regional, national, and even International charity organizations.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 PM

If I'm not mistaken many of the founders were part of the Masons--those guys that probably signed the Constitution!

And, don't send all the bills to Irwin, I could use a few myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
All you anti-Mason conspiracy nuts out there, please take a $1 bill out of your pocket. That pyramid on the back, if you didn't know, is a Masonic symbol.

So, to cleanse yourself from this "cult" please send me all your $1 bills. I will be happy to take this pagan burden off your hands.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:55 PM

Your not forced to change your beliefs, true. But you must believe in a GOD, so why is this? I like an answer too!

Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 PM

Yes, alot of good things are done in that name of that organization, as well as the sister braches, Rainbow girls, eastern stars and some others, no argument there, but good public deeds does not guarantee a good person or a good intention, it nice, looks good for the people of such organizations but why no atheists allowed? They are considered less than you?

Old 04-13-2007, 03:48 PM

Well, here's one rather extensive link about Freemason's and possible membership--particularly US Presidents.

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...ntasmasons.htm

It is possible from what I read on a UK website that the religious relationship harkens back to the Crusades.

I am more and more uncomfortable with purporting that what is on the internet is bona fide information, so I am not suggesting any of this is accurate--but supposition.

Last edited by ontheroad; 04-13-2007 at 04:40 PM..

Old 04-13-2007, 04:38 PM

259 posts, read 939,098 times
Quote:
Originally by the pines

Seriously their stuff isnt even close to the bible.
Whhhaat? the pines Are you for Real? Old Testament teachings dominate Freemasonry!!!!

Quote:
Originally by PghPaNative

Many churches have thrown them out of their fold cause they are not bibically sound...I can personally see why they do, not being religious myself,
Whhaat? PghPaNative Masons are Biblically sound by their following of the old testament!!! Some Christians quote the old testament eventhough they follow the new testament! It is obvious you don't know what you are talking about!!!

Quote:
Again by PghPaNative

Why must you believe in any GOD? So athesits are not considered good enough for your orgainzation? MMMM why not?
Whhaat? Freemasonry is a God respecting Judeo Christian entity you are obviously a confused atheist I feel sorry for you!Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue1
You people should know of what you speak.
]Originally by the pines Ive studied it for a couple years. Enlighten us.
uuuh huu Jessuu the pines I don't know?

Last edited by Dee62; 04-13-2007 at 06:07 PM..

Old 04-13-2007, 08:28 PM

177 posts, read 898,720 times
Originally Posted by rescue1 View Post
Ive studied it for a couple years. Enlighten us.

If you had studied well enough, you would know I will not enlighten you.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:35 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,344,055 times
Quote:
Ive studied it for a couple years. Enlighten us.

If you had studied well enough, you would know I will not enlighten you.
Perhaps ill enlighten you then. Just give it some time. I have some other stuff to do right now.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:53 PM

Default all religions are accepted here...

which means it can't be christian, and yet they demand that one believe in GOD or they are blackballed, prolly not even invited in, I know what I am talking bout, cause I was once a member of a group for women...long ago but still, I do remember here....

So why are not others who have no belief in god not accepted? We both know why here, I just wanted to hear you say it, not that you will and not that I will, rather not, but I found it rather comical that you danced around the answer and made yourself sound so christlike here, had to laugh really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies