Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:49 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Did you happen to hear anything whiz over your head by chance?
Hypocrisy is a-OK by you then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 02:01 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Hypocrisy is a-OK by you then?
You still miss the point.

Which is....drum roll......

That holding Bush accountable to his own standards, he (along with his supporters) is a total hypocrite, a pseudo Christian who talks about the love of Jesus in one breath and drops bombs on children in the next.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:

That holding Bush accountable to his own standards, he (along with his supporters) is a total hypocrite, a pseudo Christian who talks about the love of Jesus in one breath and drops bombs on children in the next.
No, I didn't miss it. For one, you assume the premise. Bush never claimed to hold himself to a Godly standard. For another, even if one accepts the premise, using hypocrisy as an argument against hypocrisy is self-defeating.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:07 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
No, I didn't miss it. For one, you assume the premise. Bush never claimed to hold himself to a Godly standard.
LOL, of course he didn't....and Iraq had WMD too.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Jesus was a liberal. 100 percent fact.

If I were Jesus, I would be ASHAMED of George Dubya Bush.
You don't judge whether a person was a liberal by comparing him/her to their time. You judge them by their actions, their morals. Jesus was not a liberal by any means. What he stood for, what he called men to do, was not liberal. He actually was a mixed bag of philosophy. Heck John F Kennedy was a conservative compared to today and Nixon was a liberal.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:03 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times
Quote:

I guess Obama never claimed to care about killing women and children so that makes him exempt? Talk about hypocrisy!

Old 06-01-2009, 08:36 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Thumbs down What does Jesus think George W Bush's legacy is?

According to the "religious right" Jesus is a Republican, so Dubya's in tight with JC.

Jesus always did hang with the rich and powerful didn't he?

Old 06-01-2009, 09:20 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Gandhi had it right:

"I like your Christ. I don't like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ"

He was right. The entire neocon cabal lied about everything they did yet somehow I'm supposed to believe that people who like war, torture, and hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi's dead is acting in accordance with the teachings of Christ?

May the ultimate judge know what is in everyone's heart. If so, these people will be thrown into the lake of fire where they belong

Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,473,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
So I guess that is why Jesus is against abortion?

Jesus: To the man that harms a child, it would be better for him to have a millstone placed around his neck and dropped into the sea than to face God's wrath in the judgment

BTW, I agree with the war argument that we never should have been in Iraq. But as for abortion, you and I are on two different planets.
I agree with Repubs about abortion & gay marriage, but why are these the only two issues a Christian should care about & vote on?

In the New Testament wealthy Christians sold their land and possessions to give aide to the poor among them, in this case specifically fellow Christians. However Jesus in Matthew 25 is clearly talking about all the poor around the believers.

What would Jesus think about the fact that 60,000 Americans die each year from treatable problems because they lack health insurance?

Do you think Jesus would be happy that 12 yr old Demonte Driver died from an infected tooth because his parents couldn't afford to take him to the dentist - in the same year Bush vetoed a bill giving all children minimum health coverage? A routine dental visit would have saved his life
BBC NEWS | Americas | Boy's death highlights US health debate

Apparently you only think children are made in the image of God before they're born

Old 06-01-2009, 01:22 PM

156 posts, read 133,754 times
I think we'll never know until we all reach the gate where there's a Y in the road, one heaven and the other place, maybe then we might know how jesus judged him and others. If there is a jesus, a heaven and another place. Right now, I don't think it matters, the thread is just fodder for righties and lefties to hash out their differences of opinions. I'm more worried right now about where to get parts for my GMC after GM goes under water. I'm also worried about where to get my Chrysler/Jeep serviced more than anything. Should have probably bought lawnboys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies