Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you ever buy GM vehicles again?
I will never buy a GM vehicle again 53 73.61%
I'm glad, the government will build better cars now 1 1.39%
Ford should be next, nationalize all car manufacturing 0 0%
I'll buy Japanese or Korean cars, cuz ford will be next 10 13.89%
Long live 0bama, buy GM! 8 11.11%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times

Advertisements

The GOP is now going to alienate a huge portion of the nascar fans that are GM lovers....Who will they have left?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I already heard that people who are already retired are having their health insurance taken away from them, something they worked alot of years for.
My dad was a union man who worked his entire life for one company. He went to work with broken ribs, a broken hand, and went back to work 1 day after foot surgery against doctors orders because he felt committed to the company. Now look what they are doing.

Yes, they have already taken away his heath care and are making him pay for it now after they agreed to provide him health care for the rest of his life.

Meanwhile the CEO of the company flies back and forth to West Palm Beach in his company jet.

We need to find a way to stop this from happening. Our seniors need to be taken care of, with SS going bust we need to find a way to fund it so those who paid into it can get their money.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:59 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,310,996 times
Someday I might get a late 60's or early 70's Cadillac which of course does not benefit GM any. No automobile company currently makes a vehicle I would buy.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
The GOP is now going to alienate a huge portion of the nascar fans that are GM lovers....Who will they have left?

Believe me, there are many of them out there who voted for the village idiot who wish they could take their vote back.

So you are making fun of Nascar? How about I start making fun of the NBA?

Old 06-02-2009, 09:03 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Believe me, there are many of them out there who voted for the village idiot who wish they could take their vote back.

So you are making fun of Nascar? How about I start making fun of the NBA?
They regret voting for Bush.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:25 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That's just it, the cars that GM will be making are not up to the consumers and GM, the government is creating the fundamental guidelines for cars, emissions, safety, fuel, and "green power" requirements from which GM must operate. which, to me, equals a piece of crap car that i will not buy.
So in fewer words, if it doesn't pollute heavily you hate it

Great logic
Love it

I'll wait and see regarding their cars.

Who exactly though, are you trying to punish with this crusade?
The auto worker?

Isn't it in our best interest that GM does well?
Or does that not matter when it comes to your auto jihad?

Old 06-03-2009, 04:46 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,044,056 times
As I understand it, we will still be able to buy gas guzzling SUVs and trucks, they'll just be manufactured in China or other countries that don't have to worry about emissions or mileage or green requirements. Domestic auto manufacturers will make the econoboxes nobody will want and will be more expensive. China should make out pretty well.
But we'll subsidize these cars with clunker trade in allowances, easy financing and rebates. We'll all be paying much higher taxes of course to pay for these programs, so it will all even out and even non drivers will help pay for these cars.
I feel truly bad for GM, but I will never buy a new GM vehicle again.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:26 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Got anything other than your crystal ball, Icy?
The other markets still need to meet US emissions standards to be exported to the US.
Why would you think otherwise?

European cars are extremely fuel efficient, clean and for the most part, well-built.
Their cars are small. They have no problem selling them.

I've never purchased a new car, probably never will.
I want a small car that's fuel efficient and easy/inexpensive to maintain.
These days it's usually Japanese or Korean.

The US hasn't been logical in it's focus. The rest of the world has been.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I'll probably buy another Buick if I can find a rust free '95 Roadmaster Wagon in the desert south west. I do not have the income or desire to pay over 5 grand for a car no matter who made it.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:59 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
I will buy the best car available for the best price that fits my needs and requirements. If GM makes it, so be it.
The problem is, the type of car you may want, is no longer the concern of GM. With government ownership of two car companies, and new CAFE standards, politicians and political activists will be deciding the type of car you will be allowed to buy.

If some of you think you can hold onto your old vehicles, don't so confident of that either. I'm sure that 0bama and Co. will be looking into how they can punish you and I for driving older vehicles with some sort of carbon tax punishment.

If Biden thought it was your patriotic duty to pay taxes, I'm sure he thinks your next duty will be to buy GM vehicles. I wonder what happens if not enough people are buying 0bama's new "green" cars, and are keeping their old ones instead?

Do you think the UAW will ever go on strike against 0bama and demand their old benefits back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies