Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
But shes Latino that makes up for it.
I guess you just ignored all the excellent posts in between, so that you could let your racism shine through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 AM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
I think anyone reading the speech with an open mind knows that she was not in the slightest bit being racist... it's clear to me that her point was that, in the context of sex and race discrimination cases, your background matters. As she says, until 1972, not one woman whose sex discrimination case made it to the Supreme Court won her case. Her point is that if the Court had more women or minorities, that would probably have not been the case. It could have been more artfully stated, no question but after reading the entire speech, I understand that the BS rhetoric from Newt/Rush is more of the same partisan posturing. Here's the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/15/us...l?pagewanted=1
The RW attack dogs will still stick to their talking points, but an excellent post none the less.

Old 06-03-2009, 01:28 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,149 times
This broad is far left and raciest! Yes wonderful resume just like Obama, but
they are both fake and worthless!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Why are you not able to catch on? Her reversal rate on appeal is 60%. The average for appellate judges is 75%. Alito's percentage was 100% - and that didn't seem to bother the stupid conservatives who are making this asinine claim about Sotomayor.

SHE IS BETTER THAN AVERAGE!

You think you're pointing out a flaw, when it's actually a strength! That's pretty funny, really.
It doesn't matter what you say because she's not right wing... she is by all accounts a very, very competent jurist. I know that she's not the most dynamic liberal that Obama could have chosen but he may be saving that sort of jurist for future picks. Sotamayor will be like a Kennedy, Alito or Souter... better than most on the bench but maybe not the dynamic thinker that Scalia is (btw, I think Scalia gets it wrong more often than not but I would not want to debate him... lol).

Old 06-03-2009, 09:27 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Actually, other than her flawed interpretation of the 2nd amendment, her conservative pro-life stance is a-ok by me

Puerto Rican catholics are VERY conservative with regards to social issues. Me thinks she's going to be the Souter for the Dems

Old 06-03-2009, 09:45 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Newt has backed off the 'racist' allegation. Maybe Steele pulled his coat-tails?

Old 06-03-2009, 11:13 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She has a very good record actually. Less than 1% of her decisions have been revoked. You should do more research.
You should learn to read.

60% of her decision have been reverse which is terrible. Shows she makes very poor decisions and higher ups have to change her decision 6 out of 10 time.
Besides her being a racist pig she is not to darn good at making decisions based on the law.
All that education wasted, guess she did not learn a damn thing.

1%? link please because you are reading far to much left wing kooks websites.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Her record is better than average. Her record is much, much better than Alito's.

You've been corrected on this before. So spewing this talking point again is very similar to lying. How long will you be keeping that up?

Corrected by whom?

The record is 60% of her decisions have been reversed.

Alito was no racist pig and if he had made comments like her he would be working at McDonalds and you know it.

She is of course been given special treatment because she is Latino.

Typical lib thing to let them say racist things and have a poor record like hers but she is ok.

I will keep it up until you can understand the facts which may be a long time.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
A point of accuracy if I might:

A courts decisions are not "revoked".

A Courts decisions may be "reversed", "remanded" or "affirmed".

Thank you, you are correct.

She has had 60% reversed which is horrible.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
But shes Latino that makes up for it.

I agree, she is getting that special treatment.

And the other poster is calling you a racist.

They easily forget that there is more reverse racism in this country then they want to believe.

If Roberts or Alito had said this they would be toast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies