Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times

Advertisements

So says a Brit. Strange that an American, a US American couldn't say the same thing and make the front page. Ahhh, but...

Quote:
It is time for President Obama to recognise that his strategy is weakening his country and making the United States more vulnerable to attack, says Nile Gardiner.

No leader in American history has gone to greater lengths than Barack Obama to make amends for his own country. From condemnation of American “arrogance” in a speech in Strasbourg to acknowledging U.S. “mistakes” before millions of Muslims on Arab television, Obama has rarely missed an opportunity to apologise for the actions of the American people.

President Obama has elevated the art of national self-loathing to new heights, and seems to delight in prostrating the most powerful nation on the face of the earth before its critics and rivals, especially on foreign soil. The Obama worldview revolves around the central premise that the United States must be humble and “engage” and work with its enemies through the application of “smart power”. There is nothing smart, however, in appeasing rogue states such as North Korea or Iran.
As has been stated before, when will the US citizenry recognize Barack Obama for what he is, a narcissist?

Frankly, I do not care for his apologizing for me, for my country, for the country which has, and who continues to give more and more, and yet even more to the world at large. I can hardly wait to read/hear of his apologist attitude in Cairo. Pfffffffffffffffffft!

Barack Obama should stop apologising for America - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 07:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Well, get ready for a double dose. First the muslims, then off to Germany to apologize for kicking their a** in WWII.

He will cement his love and worship from Europe and the world in general.

Nothing will get you in their good graces more than a groveling, apologizing, simpering USofA.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:22 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
well will Mr Nile Gardiner apologize for Britain giving us Susan Boyle, horrible cuisine, bad teeth and Prince Harry?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:24 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
is the the 1 millionth thread of the right wing's made up Obama's apology tour?

Old 06-02-2009, 07:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
is the the 1 millionth thread of the right wing's made up Obama's apology tour?
No, only the fourth or fifth ...it just seems like the millionth meaningless, boring, trite, shallow, pouty, "Obama is Bad But We Can't Find A Good Reason We Think So." thread from the repubs.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
So says a Brit. Strange that an American, a US American couldn't say the same thing and make the front page. Ahhh, but...

As has been stated before, when will the US citizenry recognize Barack Obama for what he is, a narcissist?

Frankly, I do not care for his apologizing for me, for my country, for the country which has, and who continues to give more and more, and yet even more to the world at large. I can hardly wait to read/hear of his apologist attitude in Cairo. Pfffffffffffffffffft!

Barack Obama should stop apologising for America - Telegraph
Could you quote some of Obama's apologies?

I only know of these that could remotely be construed as apologies:

"We sometimes make mistakes. We are not perfect."

"And so what I told him is start by listening, because all too often the United States starts by dictating -- in the past on some of these issues --and we don't always know all the factors that are involved. So let's listen. He's going to be speaking to all the major parties involved. And he will then report back to me. From there we will formulate a specific response."

Old 06-02-2009, 08:04 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I wouldn't call it apologizing as much as being diplomatic and keeping the peace. The HORROR.

Personally, I sometimes apologize even if I don't think I'm wrong just to keep the peace within my family. And none of them have nukes.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:08 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,538,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Personally, I sometimes apologize even if I don't think I'm wrong just to keep the peace within my family. And none of them have nukes.
Isn't that called being spineless? Seems to me that is exactly what he have been doing for quite a long time and things don't seem to be turning out to well.

Old 06-02-2009, 08:11 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Let's say you hired someone to represent your business and all the did was run it down, how long would it be before you FIRE THEM!

FIRE hussein obama!

Old 06-02-2009, 08:14 PM

156 posts, read 133,773 times
People should learn how to spell before starting a stupid thread.
apologize definition | Dictionary.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies