Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:22 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Dont talk to me about Carter. Thanks to him, we now have the Ayatolla Kohmeni to deal with.
the ayatolla kohmeni is dead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 12:24 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Is he a kiss ass???
No.
Quote:
Is he trying to get the Muslim world to
like the USA?
Yes.
Quote:
It will never happen!
You are wrong.
Quote:
This shows the USA as a weak nation.
No, it doesn't.
Quote:
I am sadden and disagree with Obama
agreeing that Iran is OK with having nuclear arms.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:29 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
Obama released our nuclear facilities here in the U.S. on a website for 30 days and then
was said to be an accident. That is very interesting!
He is also OK with Iran having nuclear for enrichment.
Obama has many radical friends and has a Muslim name.
I suppose there is nothing to look into here, right?
A Muslim name? LMAO. Now I know you're just a prankster. Good one.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:33 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the ayatolla kohmeni is dead!
Unforunately, his legend lives on with Ahmadinejad

Old 06-05-2009, 12:35 PM

why do you post about the past as if it is happening now????

Old 06-05-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
why do you post about the past as if it is happening now????

Who are you talking to?

Old 06-05-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Who are you talking to?
I was talking to you this was my original post to wellness about why parts of the world hate us.....I expressed that obama might beable to bring peace to parts of the world like carter did w/the camp david accords.....

Originally Posted by hothulamaui
and why do you think they hate us? to continue to try to push our agenda on that part of the world, to continue to not extend ourselves to even to "try" for peace has not worked has it? the more we kill their people, justified or not, is why the hatred is passed on to the next generation. we must at least try to seek peace. no an apology is not near enough. so I assume that is why obama has put our money where his mouth is. carter was able through diplomacy do the camp david acords, I hope obama reaching out to the ME will help bring an everlasting peace. his speech, his agenda is also about reaching future generations, the ones well past the people who post here.

and this was your reply.....

Dont talk to me about Carter. Thanks to him, we now have the Ayatolla Kohmeni to deal with.

to which I said the Ayatolla was dead and then I asked you, why you post about the past like they were present fact?

I should have also added that besides the Ayatolla being dead, he had nothing to do with the camp david peace accords....so I was wondering why you post things that are either outdated or have nothing to do with the topic at hand?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I was talking to you this was my original post to wellness about why parts of the world hate us.....I expressed that obama might beable to bring peace to parts of the world like carter did w/the camp david accords.....

Originally Posted by hothulamaui
and why do you think they hate us? to continue to try to push our agenda on that part of the world, to continue to not extend ourselves to even to "try" for peace has not worked has it? the more we kill their people, justified or not, is why the hatred is passed on to the next generation. we must at least try to seek peace. no an apology is not near enough. so I assume that is why obama has put our money where his mouth is. carter was able through diplomacy do the camp david acords, I hope obama reaching out to the ME will help bring an everlasting peace. his speech, his agenda is also about reaching future generations, the ones well past the people who post here.

and this was your reply.....

to which I said the Ayatolla was dead and then I asked you, why you post about the past like they were present fact?

I should have also added that besides the Ayatolla being dead, he had nothing to do with the camp david peace accords....so I was wondering why you post things that are either outdated or have nothing to do with the topic at hand?
Because before Jimmy Carter, Iran/US relations were good. Remember Carter's human rights program, where he demanded the Shah of Iran step down and turn over power to the Ayatollah Khomeini?

No matter that Khomeini was a madman. Carter had the U.S. Pentagon tell the Shah's top military commanders – about 150 of them – to acquiesce to the Ayatollah and not fight him.

The Shah's military listened to Carter. All of them were murdered in one of the Ayatollah's first acts.

By allowing the Shah to fall, Carter created one of the most militant anti-American dictatorships ever.

Now do you see what i am talking about?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:15 PM

perhaps if you had referenced your last post with why you brought him up in the first place I would of understood. as it was Iran's connection to the original post was a way obscure! thanks for the connection

Old 06-05-2009, 08:18 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,364 times
I find it hard to believe that there are still lunatics in this country that would post the following: If Iran, who has shown themselves to be such a wonderful country that has vowed to "Wipe Israel off the face of the earth", fails to engage in meaningful dialogue about developing nuclear weapons by the end of the year we are going to enact "Deep" international sanctions through the United Nations!!!!! Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee Hee.........Are we kidding here??? Oh no, not international sanctions???!!!! That will surely get the little guy in Iran to comply!!!!! It has worked so well in North Korea I'm sure it will work in Iran. Do these libs even know what they are saying half the time??? The quote that the threat of "deep international sanctions" will gain compliance is psychotic at best!!! This country is doomed!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies