Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:06 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
One of the least partisan post I have read. Kudos to you!
When I am asked to judge or rate things, I tend to be non partisan and try to be objective even though I am a very partisan Democrat when it comes to opinions. But looking abjectively we have had some really bad Democrats and some pretty darn good Republicans in the past. As I said before I even voted for Reagain in his run vs Mondale and I voted for GHW Bush when he ran against Michael Dukakis. I voted for Slick Willie and regretted doing so.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:15 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
When I am asked to judge or rate things, I tend to be non partisan and try to be objective even though I am a very partisan Democrat when it comes to opinions. But looking abjectively we have had some really bad Democrats and some pretty darn good Republicans in the past. As I said before I even voted for Reagain in his run vs Mondale and I voted for GHW Bush when he ran against Michael Dukakis. I voted for Slick Willie and regretted doing so.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Carter was, and may still be, a born again Christian.

Was that the cause of his failing?
I don't know what Carter believes. He was a good man during his Presidency but a failure as a President. Maybe the 2 belief systems won't work?

Old 06-03-2009, 11:17 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,618 times
You left out Carter and Obama. Nice try.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:21 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
You left out Carter and Obama. Nice try.

I was thinking the same thing, obviously this poster has no clue.

Reagan is on almost every single list as the greatest President of ALL TIME.

Carter and Clinton are on almost all list of the WORST ever.

Now Obama is on his way to become the worse President in our history.

His record is showing quickly and if he keeps this up he will become the worst President in history before his 1st year is up.

Sorry to burst your bubble but in time history will show Bush to actually be a very good President.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:23 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,388,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Carter was, and may still be, a born again Christian.

Was that the cause of his failing?
Not in the least. Carter was a genuinely nice and honest guy trying to do a job more suited for people of a more nefarious nature. He tried to do what he thought was the right thing, and told people what he believed, not what they wanted to hear.

He also alienated himself from the washington power brokers, and even his own side wouldn't play with him as a result.

A nice guy has no business in politics.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Worley View Post
Not in the least. Carter was a genuinely nice and honest guy trying to do a job more suited for people of a more nefarious nature. He tried to do what he thought was the right thing, and told people what he believed, not what they wanted to hear.

He also alienated himself from the washington power brokers, and even his own side wouldn't play with him as a result.

A nice guy has no business in politics.
What you say is so true and why we will always have the same issues in DC. It is about control, power, money. Neither party is for the faint of heart or the honest. I don't know if it has always been this way but it surely it is now. We need reform in our system, to root out the corruption. I know it is dreaming but I hope someday the sheep wake up and do something about it.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:28 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Bush 43, Carter and Obama are all strong contenders. But at the rate Obama is moving the country downhill, he'll have to leave office before his first term or he'll have it won.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:32 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
George W. Bush.

No doubt at ALL.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:42 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times
Reagan certainly did not ignore nuclear proliferation, as a matter of fact he helped reduce nuclear weapons in the USSR and the US, and paved the way for SALT II. The only issue I have with Reagan is the fact that he was weak in certain areas, notably foreign policy that did not involve the USSR, and as such surrounded himself with people who took advantage of him.

I don't think the two are the least bit comparable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies