Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:04 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,287 times

Advertisements

I have not heard Obama say once that the US was Christian country and now he says that we are a Muslim one. What the hell is wrong with him? The US is a representative constitutional republic that is not based on any religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 12:06 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Better than being a Christian Country.
A statement born of ignorance.
Ask your mother if she would agree.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:06 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Yeah those countries where the husbands are allowed to beat their wives are much better.
I would expect a statement of no less complete foolishness then from a poster with the name "Theliberalvoice"

Old 06-03-2009, 12:07 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You have something against muslims? What are you, prejudice?
Not prejudice....I lived amongst them and many, actually the largest group doesn't want to try to learn the language of the country they are living in, want woman to be treated as they do in the muslim countries, but want to get the best from the western world...

Look at the Netherlands, there are over 400 mosques and in many of them is hate preaching what is going on... The country is so small you can drive from East to West in 3.5 hours and from North to South in 4.5 hours.
Over 1 million muslims (legal) and 15 million other people...than you have almost the same amount illegal muslims and there are many muslim schools, which is perfectly okay if it wasn't that they received government money and no it is clear that many have been using the money to support Hamas and other terrorist organisations....you have to live there to see what is going on. Of course there are many great muslims who want nothing more than to intergrate in society but unfortunately it is the minority!

Old 06-03-2009, 12:07 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I have not heard Obama say once that the US was Christian country and now he says that we are a Muslim one. What the hell is wrong with him? The US is a representative constitutional republic that is not based on any religion.
And the hole gets deeper and deeper.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:18 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I don't know about all of you but I am ready to make the Hajj. Allah and Obama be praised!
Praise Allah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama is better than Allah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
A statement born of ignorance.
Ask your mother if she would agree.
My mother agrees!
Why bring her into this though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Visited Iran or Saudi Arabia lately?
Nope. But since we are kissing their butts so much lately, can't be that bad, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Yeah those countries where the husbands are allowed to beat their wives are much better.
I would expect a statement of no less complete foolishness then from a poster with the name "Theliberalvoice"
And as if the Bible says NOTHING about not beating women or being sexist. But nope, the woman must stay silent in Church!

You know, it is funny. You call what I said foolishness. I see it as proving a point. You all took so much offense and replied to it. You are so offended about this not being a "Christian country". LOL. I said it because I wanted to see how quickly people would come in here and damn me to hell and scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE ARE A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !: crying:"

Religious fanatics are always so fun to play with.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:22 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
A seriously misguided statement on your part IMO

Old 06-03-2009, 12:22 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,584,176 times
Obama was simply saying that we have a large Muslim population which is correct.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:24 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Praise Allah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama is better than Allah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mother agrees!
Why bring her into this though?

Nope. But since we are kissing their butts so much lately, can't be that bad, eh?

And as if the Bible says NOTHING about not beating women or being sexist. But nope, the woman must stay silent in Church!

You know, it is funny. You call what I said foolishness. I see it as proving a point. You all took so much offense and replied to it. You are so offended about this not being a "Christian country". LOL. I said it because I wanted to see how quickly people would come in here and damn me to hell and scream "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WE ARE A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !: crying:"

Religious fanatics are always so fun to play with.
You know what I find incredible --posters reading ghost posts. Where did I ever say I was offended about not being a Christian Country? when did I ever post we are a Christian country.

Weird.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:24 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
As ABC's Jake Tapper and Sunlen Miller astutely outline here, the Obama administration is embracing the new president's inner Muslim, as it were. Deputy national security adviser stated that Obama had "experienced Islam on three continents...growing up in Indonesia, having a Muslim father -- obviously Muslim Americans [are] a key part of Illinois and Chicago".

So that's once, twice, three times a Muslim?

Just in case the Arab world hasn't yet got this message of inbuilt tolerance, Mr Obama himself has gone a step further. In an interview with France's Canal Plus released on Tuesday evening, he suggested that the United States might be a Muslim country.

This is just a small piece of an article which you can read in full by clicking on the link.

Whoops! Browser Settings Incompatible
By definition, the US is the 38th largest Muslim country in the world. The 2nd largest Jewish Country. The 8th Largest Hindu Nation. The 15th largest Buddhist country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies