U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2009, 08:26 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 17,068,981 times
Reputation: 12328

Advertisements

Mona writes note to self: If I'm ever single again, move to Landsdown, quickly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2009, 08:28 PM
 
3,440 posts, read 7,212,691 times
Reputation: 2387
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I have heard black men complain that black women cause lots of "drama" and that might be why most of them run to white women when they get some money going on.

Yes, but I think Black women in America have a reason why they cause drama. For the most part, it's out of anger as they do everything (raising kids, go to school) including putting up with all the stuff black men do to them. I just don't get these guys, many of them have baby's with different girls and just leave them to fend for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 08:29 PM
 
3,440 posts, read 7,212,691 times
Reputation: 2387
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Mona writes note to self: If I'm ever single again, move to Landsdown, quickly

My address is, 1250 ... ..lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 08:35 PM
 
3,440 posts, read 7,212,691 times
Reputation: 2387
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You live in god forsaken Landsdown and are too lazy to drive 15 minutes to be in civilization, what do you expect?
lol!! There is people around here but why should haft to drive to 15-20 min to see some diversity? It's California all over again where people self segregate themselves. ha ha..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Southeastern coast
51 posts, read 82,227 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Yes, but I think Black women in America have a reason why they cause drama. For the most part, it's out of anger as they do everything (raising kids, go to school) including putting up with all the stuff black men do to them. I just don't get these guys, many of them have baby's with different girls and just leave them to fend for themselves.
I have a lot of AA female friends who have put up with the things you've mentioned, so i do get aggravated when men use that excuse..of AA women causing drama.

I think everyone should love who they love regardless of race. I was lucky my parents instilled that idea within me. I've dated men of all races because I am multicultural. I find men in general appealing and it's because of things that usually have nothing to do with race...i.e. confidence, attitude, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM
 
1,309 posts, read 1,310,173 times
Reputation: 438
Well, I am a black woman who has been married to a black man for almost 21 years. So, I honestly don't care who anyone else dates and I also have a few family members who are in interracial relationships. But I must say, that comments like the ones below typify why some black women have issues with black men in IRRs. BM can date whomever they want, but don't denigrate/defame black women in the process. Don't stereotype us, just as you wouldn't want to be stereotyped.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~



Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I have heard black men complain that black women cause lots of "drama" and that might be why most of them run to white women when they get some money going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Yes, but I think Black women in America have a reason why they cause drama. For the most part, it's out of anger as they do everything (raising kids, go to school) including putting up with all the stuff black men do to them. I just don't get these guys, many of them have baby's with different girls and just leave them to fend for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 32,007,059 times
Reputation: 14896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
lol!! There is people around here but why should haft to drive to 15-20 min to see some diversity? It's California all over again where people self segregate themselves. ha ha..
My brother,

I have held off on calling a spade a spade (so to speak) but we are rapidly approaching that point. I suspect that the problem isn't with AA women, I think the problem is you. As I have mentioned before, Philly is an exceedingly diverse city, on the same par as Boston, New York, Chicago, LA, or San Francisco particularly when it comes to affluent and successful youth professionals. So your argument about "self-segregation" seems to me to be more about projection than reality. You have chosen to live one of the most "self-segregated" Philadelphia suburbs and please don't talk to me about opportunities because there are quite a few in Philly and far more diverse areas in Delaware, Montgomery and Bucks county. This charade may have been fine for someone who hasn't lived in LA or Philly. You can't find a sister because you don't want to, which is fine, but don't blame your problem on others.

Last edited by ovcatto; 06-03-2009 at 09:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 09:14 PM
 
4,586 posts, read 4,869,776 times
Reputation: 939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
There are many areas in this country, especially suburbia where yes, there are black women (and damn fine ones at that), but they are few and far between as opposed to white women tank.
In numbers in relation to white women/men of course they're slight. Blacks are only 11% or so of the population but in comparison to black men they are very plentiful..They might not be on your block but they certainly aren't hard to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 17,068,981 times
Reputation: 12328
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Your are right in that I need to date who I have access to and I will do that.
Whoever your attracted to, that's about all.

I was engaged to a black man 20 some years ago, I remember we would go places and many times I was threatened by certain people (women). A few times I was scared for my life. Apparently they thought I was dating their man funny thing is, my fiance didn't even know who they were and never saw him before in his life.

And this is when I lived in Detroit, which you would think would be more open to IR relationships His mother liked me a lot, but made it very clear to me she wanted her son to marry a black women. She reminded me all the time and so did his sisters and cousins. I was upset with his mothers views, but I respected her very much. I eventually, against what I really wanted, broke it off with him. I'm a very family oriented person and couldn't imagine my life with family conflict all the time, especially with bringing children into the world. I guess everything happens for a reason, I went on to marry the love of my life and he went on to marry a different white woman I wonder how is mother is dealing with it.

Hopefully times have changed in the past 20 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 08:06 AM
 
3,440 posts, read 7,212,691 times
Reputation: 2387
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
But I must say, that comments like the ones below typify why some black women have issues with black men in IRRs. BM can date whomever they want, but don't denigrate/defame black women in the process. Don't stereotype us, just as you wouldn't want to be stereotyped.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Nobody is trying to defame anybody I'm simply calling it out as I see it. Your comment above is typical of what goes on in African American community's where there is discomfort in looking at the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top