Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

best to you.
may i mention that it is
their race
not there race
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 05:35 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Over the years I have heard quite a few black women complain about successful black men who date outside there race.

You know, a few years ago I really could not speak on the subject because I had little "real life" experience but now that I'm older (late 20s) I'm beginning to take notice of this issue.

More or less, as a black man who has no desire to live the urban life style and has always seek to live in a more affluent area I find that meeting single, black, attractive females around my age quite CHALLENGING!

I have lived in two states longer then 5 years each and have came into the same problem. As far as what I can see, most of the Afro Americans live in highly concentrated areas and since I chose not to live within that area my opportunity to interact with other blacks females is very slim.

So at the end of the day, if I build up my life outside of where most of my racial group resides (because there is more opportunity!) why should I be faulted for selecting another racial group as a female partner when it just boils down to female availability and proximity (at least for me)?
As long as you are dating a woman because you have a solid romantic and and similar interests, as well as respect for each other, it's all good. The color of skin shouldn't matter, and that includes marriage.

Good luck to you, I can understand your predicament. What are you supposed to do, become a monk?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why do you care what people think of who you date. If you don't associate with the people who have the problem with who you are dating, then you should date who you want, why should you care what they think?

Why over analyze it? Date who you have access to, if not you'll be alone and single.
Unless you've walked in his shoes, don't insinuate he is over analyzing it. Say he's dating a white woman, it's serious, and he takes her to meet his friends or family. It is possible he will be looked upon by members of his race as thinking he is "too good" for a black woman.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:41 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Who cares, do you plan on running for President in 2012?

Date who you want, nevermind what hangups other people have about who you choose to date.
You're preaching to the choir. I never said that I actually took stock in how other people felt about my dating life. I'm just making an observation. But I will say that the more people are taught to have hang-ups about such things, the more difficult it may become to meet people who happen to be of another race whose visceral attraction to you isn't automatically offset by what they've been fed at home.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:44 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
LOTS of men date outside there race, but within there gender. Others date outside there gender, but within there race. Others date outside BOTH....while still others date WITHIN both.......And some just say "to hell with it" and stay home with there TV set.

Finally, some men are married, and there wives won't let them date ANYONE.

SO....their you have it.
LOL at the play on "there".

Old 06-03-2009, 05:48 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
LOL at the play on "there".
Hang in they're, Mr. Sykes...

Old 06-03-2009, 06:08 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
That's the unique thing about being black in the Midwest, If an African American has to date black, 100-175 mile radius is not a problem to find that person and carry on a relationship, I am very familiar with that area, from: Reading-Pottstown-Morristown- Levittown-Darby-Chester(shriek)-cherry hill-Rahway-Newark to Roosevelt NY and back to Quaker Town to for a cheap motel is a run, I think that's why Midwestern Brothers go wild out there with all the African American women in one place.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 06-03-2009 at 06:20 PM..

Old 06-03-2009, 06:40 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:

More or less, as a black man who has no desire to live the urban life style and has always seek to live in a more affluent area I find that meeting single, black, attractive females around my age quite CHALLENGING!

most of the Afro Americans live in highly concentrated areas and since I chose not to live within that area my opportunity to interact with other blacks females is very slim.
First, do you reside on planet earth? There are fine smart sisters EVERYWHERE I've been..LOL and they're on the prowl for a good brother.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
First, do you reside on planet earth? There are fine smart sisters EVERYWHERE I've been..LOL and they're on the prowl for a good brother.
There are many areas in this country, especially suburbia where yes, there are black women (and damn fine ones at that), but they are few and far between as opposed to white women tank.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Over the years I have heard quite a few black women complain about successful black men who date outside there race.

You know, a few years ago I really could not speak on the subject because I had little "real life" experience but now that I'm older (late 20s) I'm beginning to take notice of this issue.

I have lived in two states longer then 5 years each and have came into the same problem. As far as what I can see, most of the Afro Americans live in highly concentrated areas and since I chose not to live within that area my opportunity to interact with other blacks females is very slim.

So at the end of the day, if I build up my life outside of where most of my racial group resides (because there is more opportunity!) why should I be faulted for selecting another racial group as a female partner when it just boils down to female availability and proximity (at least for me)?
I think it should not matter what nationality a person is if that is the person you want to be with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies