Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 06:56 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,576,628 times

Advertisements

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 07:42 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,693,358 times
I don't care who a black man dates. I am married to a lady of West Indian descent- although she was raised in Canada. Lots of people think she is black when they see her. I have heard black men complain that black women cause lots of "drama" and that might be why most of them run to white women when they get some money going on.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:46 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,693,358 times
We have a "redneck" at work and he is married to a black woman. You would never think so if you just knew him but she seems to have a lot in common with him. They both like fast cars, NASCAR, pickups, BBQ, country music and beer. And they both have tattoos.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:49 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,404,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
Who cares?? Maybe the Klan folks but 99% if the country gives a rip. Stop trying to stir up trouble here bub.

You'd be surprise to know that that is far from the truth...

Old 06-03-2009, 08:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,026,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
First, do you reside on planet earth? There are fine smart sisters EVERYWHERE I've been..LOL and they're on the prowl for a good brother.

Trust me, I know they are out there but where I live and work I can go days without looking at one sister.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:05 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,404,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We have a "redneck" at work and he is married to a black woman. You would never think so if you just knew him but she seems to have a lot in common with him. They both like fast cars, NASCAR, pickups, BBQ, country music and beer. And they both have tattoos.

You know. I work retail and one time there were a black lady and her daughter i line to check out. The daughter wore Apple bottom jeans and a Baby fat T - shirt. She was wearing so called Urban wear and that is a huge trend among black people in the city of Memphis, TN.
The mother on the other hand was wearing a "lynnard skynnard" T shirt and tight Wrangler Jeans and cowboy boots!
It is not a common sight but really cool to see.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,240,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Over the years I have heard quite a few black women complain about successful black men who date outside there race.

You know, a few years ago I really could not speak on the subject because I had little "real life" experience but now that I'm older (late 20s) I'm beginning to take notice of this issue.

More or less, as a black man who has no desire to live the urban life style and has always seek to live in a more affluent area I find that meeting single, black, attractive females around my age quite CHALLENGING!

I have lived in two states longer then 5 years each and have came into the same problem. As far as what I can see, most of the Afro Americans live in highly concentrated areas and since I chose not to live within that area my opportunity to interact with other blacks females is very slim.

So at the end of the day, if I build up my life outside of where most of my racial group resides (because there is more opportunity!) why should I be faulted for selecting another racial group as a female partner when it just boils down to female availability and proximity (at least for me)?
LOL... this is the lamest excuse I've heard yet... dude, if you want to date white women, do it! It's 2009... there is no need to explain yourself to anybody (including yourself) But Pleeeease don't say you can't find young available Black women... I don't care where you are... they are everywhere begging to find a young successful Black man... lol... this was funny. I live in the burbs too and were I single, I would be swimming in women... c'mon, man... that was funny.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,026,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Why do you care what people think of who you date. If you don't associate with the people who have the problem with who you are dating, then you should date who you want, why should you care what they think?

Why over analyze it? Date who you have access to, if not you'll be alone and single.

Your are right in that I need to date who I have access to and I will do that.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,044,897 times
Quote:
Over the years I have heard quite a few black women complain about successful black men who date outside there race.

You know, a few years ago I really could not speak on the subject because I had little "real life" experience but now that I'm older (late 20s) I'm beginning to take notice of this issue.

More or less, as a black man who has no desire to live the urban life style and has always seek to live in a more affluent area I find that meeting single, black, attractive females around my age quite CHALLENGING!

I have lived in two states longer then 5 years each and have came into the same problem. As far as what I can see, most of the Afro Americans live in highly concentrated areas and since I chose not to live within that area my opportunity to interact with other blacks females is very slim.

So at the end of the day, if I build up my life outside of where most of my racial group resides (because there is more opportunity!) why should I be faulted for selecting another racial group as a female partner when it just boils down to female availability and proximity (at least for me)?
The only biological race is the human race, so I assume they must be dating dogs and cats?

Old 06-03-2009, 08:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,948,035 times
Quote:
Trust me, I know they are out there but where I live and work I can go days without looking at one sister.
You live in god forsaken Landsdown and are too lazy to drive 15 minutes to be in civilization, what do you expect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies