U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 14,174,547 times
Reputation: 4555

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But people are still not animals, which is science.
What kind of science says that humans are not animals? Please let me know. I'm curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
What kind of science says that humans are not animals? Please let me know. I'm curious.
Actually I am too. Thank goodness you're here to provide some rationality, afo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:12 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,479 posts, read 13,829,579 times
Reputation: 1825
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
your argument is cut short by your assumption that the listener accepts the advance of darwinian theory. a majority rejects that theory, and, therefore your argument fails. i do not come from an ape, nor do i accept the theories of evolution, i.e. big bang, darwinian evolution.
That's your choice to live in fantasy-land where santa is a real person. However, you do in fact come from apes. Deal with it, live it, love it, embrace it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 PM
 
4,406 posts, read 5,454,535 times
Reputation: 2894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I wonder what President bigot (Obama) thinks about your post?
I wonder if you can stay on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Athens, GA
55 posts, read 78,693 times
Reputation: 47
Dogs hump chairs too, so what? That doesn't say anything about people. It is unnatural for a man and man or woman and woman to be together and frankly it's disgusting. Where poop comes out is an EXIT only route and God made a man and a woman because they fit together perfectly. I feel very sorry for the people who believe that they were born gay. Obviously everyone is curious about the same sex at some point in their life, it gets confusing if you're having thoughts like that but it seems like some people take that as "i'm gay," they don't realize that all other people have wondered what it's like. They just assume that that's the way God made them which is obviously not the truth because He made Adam and Eve. What good would it be for two people of the same sex to be together? They can't have their own children. Most end up old and unhappy or dead because of aids/suicide. If everyone was gay the world would end.

And on the darwin note: have you ever been to the zoo? how many of those apes turn into people? how many pigs turn into monkeys? How many lizards evolve into alligators? NONE. EVER. All the animals live their life as what they are and die as what they are. There is no proof for the theory and he himself said he felt he had lead people astray just before he died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany_ga View Post
Dogs hump chairs too, so what? That doesn't say anything about people. It is unnatural for a man and man or woman and woman to be together and frankly it's disgusting. Where poop comes out is an EXIT only route and God made a man and a woman because they fit together perfectly. I feel very sorry for the people who believe that they were born gay. Obviously everyone is curious about the same sex at some point in their life, it gets confusing if you're having thoughts like that but it seems like some people take that as "i'm gay," they don't realize that all other people have wondered what it's like. They just assume that that's the way God made them which is obviously not the truth because He made Adam and Eve. What good would it be for two people of the same sex to be together? They can't have their own children. Most end up old and unhappy or dead because of aids/suicide. If everyone was gay the world would end.
Wow, that was an excellent summary of the most common ignorant statements made about gays on this forum.

Now fess up - you're a lesbian, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 PM
 
4,406 posts, read 5,454,535 times
Reputation: 2894
Human aren't animals? They keep putting new things in that conservative Koolaid, don't they?! Or is this just another attempt to suggest that humanity is ABOVE the animals and ABOVE nature and that Christianity is the superior religion?

I didn't believe in Darwin, I preferred Lamarck when I studied biology. But neither is sufficient. Mankind was created deliberately to be a slave race with disconnected DNA strands to keep us in ignorance. Even if that unique perspective is false, it still doesn't change the fact that human beings are animals. The DUMBEST animals on the planet, mind you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:29 PM
 
4,406 posts, read 5,454,535 times
Reputation: 2894
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany_ga View Post
Dogs hump chairs too, so what? That doesn't say anything about people. It is unnatural for a man and man or woman and woman to be together and frankly it's disgusting. Where poop comes out is an EXIT only route and God made a man and a woman because they fit together perfectly. I feel very sorry for the people who believe that they were born gay. Obviously everyone is curious about the same sex at some point in their life, it gets confusing if you're having thoughts like that but it seems like some people take that as "i'm gay," they don't realize that all other people have wondered what it's like. They just assume that that's the way God made them which is obviously not the truth because He made Adam and Eve. What good would it be for two people of the same sex to be together? They can't have their own children. Most end up old and unhappy or dead because of aids/suicide. If everyone was gay the world would end.
Please drive out of town and keep driving until you get to a blue state or someplace where they throw gay pride parades. Then, forgo your disgust and sit down with the gay people around you so they can teach you what you obviously don't understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Or is this just another attempt to suggest that humanity is ABOVE the animals and ABOVE nature and that Christianity is the superior religion?
I think it's just more of the same: Science doesn't matter, the Bible tells me everything I need to know, I trust my gut more than pointy-head academics with advanced degrees, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
20,339 posts, read 13,828,193 times
Reputation: 5220
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
What kind of science says that humans are not animals? Please let me know. I'm curious.
Don't be absurd. You know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top