U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,748,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Some scientists have argued it serves as a population control mechanism.
Wouldn't it make sense for nature to do that!! I mean imagine if the world population doubles - well it will! Even before that point there will such an incredible competition for resources - an increased prevalance of homosexuality would be a god sent!

Take a look at this link

Global Politician - Sexuality, Homosexuality and the Animal Kingdom

I found it very revealing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 11:00 PM

17,853 posts, read 12,183,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Exactly right. And that's okay. We shouldn't have to change our minds. We're entitled to our opinions.

But what bothers me is how so many people take it further than that. They villianize homosexuals and treat them as if they're a disease that needs to be eradicated. What crap. People should learn to recognize that homosexuality has been around forever and it isn't going away...and the world hasn't come to an end because of it. You don't have to pretend you think homosexuality is just peachy, but nor do you have a right to try to strip gays of their rights and dignity.
Well said.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
When I look at, for example, two obviously incompatible heterosexual people in an emotionally dysfunctional marriage based purely on an initial sexual attraction, and who have no idea of good parenting for their children, I sometimes feel the same way about heterosexuality. But I've grown up with it all around me, and most of my friends and family are heterosexual, so I accept it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Yeah, but those kind of heterosexuals are going to hell, all the same.
But I thought they were Christians?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Same here.
I find it "funny" that those in my family can accept an aunt of mine dating a married PREACHER but not me being in a relationship with another woman.
Oh for goodness sake. That's just ridiculous.
I hope they come to their senses eventually.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:19 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,982,097 times
Default woe! man!

Quote:
Same here.
I find it "funny" that those in my family can accept an aunt of mine dating a married PREACHER but not me being in a relationship with another woman.
heterosexual behavior follows the natural order of things, therefore, heterosexuality continues offspring. homosexuals, obviously, cannot reproduce and continue offspring. it is not normal behavior for women to be w/ women or men to be w/ men. what is funny about a married preacher dating your aunt? the only thing that i could see odd about the relationship would be: 1) if the preacher were a woman and dating your aunt, 2) if the preacher were a man and the aunt were a man posing as a woman and these two were dating each other, 3) if the preacher and the aunt were in an adulterous relationship w/ each other, regardless of their sexes.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
heterosexual behavior follows the natural order of things, therefore, heterosexuality continues offspring. homosexuals, obviously, cannot reproduce and continue offspring.
Wrong - homosexuality/bisexuality and heterosexuality are part of the natural order of things observed by Science and experts in medical health fields... the fact you choose not to accept this is a personal problem - not a gay problem.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:24 AM

26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
heterosexual behavior follows the natural order of things, therefore, heterosexuality continues offspring. homosexuals, obviously, cannot reproduce and continue offspring. it is not normal behavior for women to be w/ women or men to be w/ men. what is funny about a married preacher dating your aunt? the only thing that i could see odd about the relationship would be: 1) if the preacher were a woman and dating your aunt, 2) if the preacher were a man and the aunt were a man posing as a woman and these two were dating each other, 3) if the preacher and the aunt were in an adulterous relationship w/ each other, regardless of their sexes.
Yeah, I'm feeling by your statements too.

By the way, as long as we're all just making up rules about the "natural order of things", I'd like to say that I think the natural order includes women being subservient to men and blacks being subservient to whites. Oh - and oral and anal sex between heterosexuals should be illegal again since those activities don't lead to procreation.

Sorry. Rules are rules. It's the natural order because I said so.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Sorry. Rules are rules. It's the natural order because I said so.
God your so dominant

Old 06-05-2009, 12:34 AM

26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
God your so dominant
I know. It's exciting, isn't it?

Old 06-05-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Its just common sense staring you in the face.

How can it be normal for the male of any species to shun the females of that species? How could any species evolve if the males, shunning the females, became the norm? Its just not conducive to evolution and the perpetuation of the species, so I'm sure it does not fit Darwin's model of evolution. So if being gay is normal, then toss Darwin's theory right out the window.
Discussed a few pages back.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/9129429-post90.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies