U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-05-2009, 01:17 AM
 
1,201 posts, read 1,982,097 times
Reputation: 717

Advertisements

[quote=Jaymax;9143702]I think you need to know something else before making any determination of a person's sexuality.

Like:

What is sexual orientation?

Your post shows that you don't actually understand what sexual orientation is. Your defence mcial learning ideas that sexual orientation is a learned behaviour are about 50 to 100 years out of date with current science. That's about what I would expect from any conservative anti-gay websites.
[/quotw

this is so juvenile and stupid that i am not taking it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-05-2009, 01:32 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,183,555 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Oh yeah? Have you ever seen a Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies Video"?

Sorry...sorry. I couldn't resist.

But I hear what you're saying. Who am I to define "normal"? I guess it's just a gut feeling for me. But gut feelings aren't scientific facts. And I've been trying to convey that my opinions are just that...opinions. I concede that I'm not an expert on the subject of homosexuality.
I really don't think I could stomach watching a video like that- how did you manage it?

I certainly don't have any problem with your opinions in this thread as you are not trying to claim ridiculous "facts" about homosexuality, but just giving your general feelings. Fair enough. As you said, not everyone has to think homosexuality is "peachy keen".

There are a lot of things I don't find peachy keen either. For example, I feel sort of "icky" when I see intelligent women dumbing themselves down and playing the "helpless female" role to attract some insecure dimwitted -but-good-looking male they are physically attracted to, instead of looking for an intelligent male partner who could respect and love them for being themselves, instead of what he wants them to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 01:34 AM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,362 posts, read 27,498,773 times
Reputation: 6533
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
I wonder if you can stay on topic.
The name "bigot" appeared and I just wondered if it would apply to Pres. Obama since he does not support homosexual "marriage."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 01:36 AM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The name "bigot" appeared and I just wondered if it would apply to Pres. Obama since he does not support homosexual "marriage."
Even if same-sex marriage is legal in all 50 states, you'll still continue to put the word "marriage" in quotes, I bet.

With Dick Cheney and Ted Olson on the side of equality for all, I'm feeling good about the future of same-sex marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 01:39 AM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,362 posts, read 27,498,773 times
Reputation: 6533
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Even if same-sex marriage is legal in all 50 states, you'll still continue to put the word "marriage" in quotes, I bet.

With Dick Cheney and Ted Olson on the side of equality for all, I'm feeling good about the future of same-sex marriage.
You're right. I will always put it in quotes because I think it will never be a real marriage like traditional marriage (one MAN and one WOMAN).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 01:39 AM
 
Location: Imaginary Figment
11,456 posts, read 12,692,240 times
Reputation: 4759
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
heterosexual behavior follows the natural order of things, therefore, heterosexuality continues offspring.
Then why do heterosexuals engage in oral and anal sex? Wouldn't that be considered "unnatural" as it would not lead to offspring?

In the real world half the married men are begging their wives to do just that, the other half already do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 01:41 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,183,555 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
God your so dominant
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I know. It's exciting, isn't it?
You two crack me up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 01:56 AM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,529 posts, read 24,949,987 times
Reputation: 7739
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Then why do heterosexuals engage in oral and anal sex?
Because they're sick deviants. They'll burn in hell for eternity. God said so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 01:57 AM
 
17,853 posts, read 12,183,555 times
Reputation: 4113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I think you need to know something else before making any determination of a person's sexuality.

Like:

What is sexual orientation?

Your post shows that you don't actually understand what sexual orientation is. Your defence mechanism/social learning ideas that sexual orientation is a learned behaviour are about 50 to 100 years out of date with current science. That's about what I would expect from any conservative anti-gay websites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post

this is so juvenile and stupid that i am not taking it up.
Juvenile and stupid? Projecting much? It's obvious you don't know much about sexual orientation because of the extremely dated and debunked theories you offered. You can only find that sort of thing on religious based anti-gay propaganda sites or in very old textbooks. Not from any current medical or scientific organization. Have you ever thought that you just might not know that you don't know much about this? And you never will know much about sexual orientation if you only read anti-gay propaganda websites.

BTW, You posted this in the Christian forum 2 months ago. I'm still waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
jaymax, i am very much willing to offer an overview on this subject and why neither covenant supports your argument. w/ proper use of hermeneutics and correct exigesis, i believe we can really come to a truthful and sensible conclusion. it's in there...
Scripture and gay marriage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 05:03 AM
 
Location: Reading, PA
4,059 posts, read 3,875,672 times
Reputation: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Why would anything in the ten commandments address homosexuality, the ten commandments were directed at a people who already knew homosexuality was forbidden, not just spiritually but Physically!!
the commandments were for CHRISTIANS to follow, not unbelievers.
Now wait....now wait.....now wait...

The Ten Commandments were for JEWS to follow. CHRISTIANS weren't even imagined when the Commandments were first written down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top