Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 03:17 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
It is not homosexuals that are providing evidence that homosexuality is natural - it is science. By not becoming learned about what science tells us makes your stance illogical.

As though there were no gay scientists running around trying to prove that homosexuality is innate.

Male penguins raise the chicks while the females are gone feeding. Am I the only one who gets the Nature channel?

This just in....Ostriches are gay because males sit on the nests while the females go to d1ke bars to pick up chicks.

Oh, I almost forgot, Seahorses are transgender because the males give birth to their offspring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And lots more:

How Homosexuals Are Different (http://isocrat.org/science/causes/differences.php#phys3 - broken link)

LGBT Issues, Research, and Perspective

Old 06-04-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post

I've seen this same organization cited by gays and gay websites before. It seems this Swedish research group has a conclusion they would like to apply to some science. Do you have a more objective source?

Old 06-04-2009, 04:19 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
And why the tremendous effort to convince society that it is "normal"???
Here's a better question. Why are you and the other anti-gay folks so interested in what any two consenting adults do with their lives?

As I said about marriage, if two gay folks got together but you don't know about it what impact would that have on your life one way or the other. Absolutely none. Zero. Zilch.

It only bothers you once you find out about it. So its just the idea of it that you don't like. Well, guess what? You don't have to like it but why all the consternation* about something that doesn't affect your life one way or another?

*Consternation synonyms: bewilderment, alarm, terror, panic, fright, horror

- Reel

Old 06-04-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Are the gays really that oppressed???
Well, so much for any opinions you may have on the subject. What's a 'blind sniper'? You take a shot not knowing anything about what you're talking about? Apparently, nay, obviously.

- Reel

Old 06-04-2009, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The penguin aren't "gay" that's a human term.
Geeez, if you don't know what you're talking about why don't you just quit posting on this subject. Homosexuality exists among animals. That's pretty common knowledge.

On a another point, of course 'gay' is a human term. Animals don't speak English. That does not mean gay doesn't exist among animals. Your statement is not logical. Your reasoning is flawed. Your thinking is bad. Was there any thinking involved here?

- Reel

Old 06-04-2009, 05:23 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,663,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I've seen this same organization cited by gays and gay websites before. It seems this Swedish research group has a conclusion they would like to apply to some science. Do you have a more objective source?
My guess is that your definition of "objective source" means a source that says homosexuality is a mental illness. Sorry, no, I don't have a source like that for you.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:26 AM

297 posts, read 349,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Do you have an objective source to back up anything you say on the topic of homosexuality?

Old 06-04-2009, 07:00 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I will continue to say that same-sex attractions are normal. Sorry if you don't like it. It's what I believe, and it's the position of all of the major medical and psychological organizations in the modern world. If you want to disagree with them, that's your right, but don't tell others that they need to stop speaking because you don't agree with them.

I just read in another thread the old tired line about "libs only believe in free speech when you agree with them". You've certainly proving that conservatives do it too.

And I don't know what you're talking about when you say that I'm calling natural things unnatural. I don't believe I ever said anything like that.

Comparing same-sex attractions with the birth defects and disorders you mentioned is ridiculous.

No not ridiculous at all, what's ridiculous is trying to convince the overwhelming majority of people on the planet that what you do is "normal".

Same sex attractions are not normal,maybe you believe so because you feel those urges but that dosen't make it normal.

Also what makes you think that ALL the medical and psychological organizations in the world cite homosexuality as being normal.

Wake up get a dose of reality, the bottom line is that many people including myself could care less what you do in your home, but to tell society that it must make no distinction between homosexuality and heterosexuality is like a petulent child running around in a pissy diaper saying it dosen't stink because he says so!

By the way, I never told anyone they should stop speaking, THAT is a true right in this country and I beleive all have a right to be heard, whether they are right or wrong.

I'm also not a conservative, I'm liberal and black. This dosen't mean I blindy accept every agenda under the sun.
But nice playing ASSumptions with you.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:22 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,829 times
Some people argue that homosexuality can’t have a genetic cause because two homosexuals can’t reproduce, so homosexuals would have bred themselves out of the gene pool long ago.

This is a little too simplistic and doesn’t take into account recessive genes or “balanced superior heterozygotic fitness”.

Does everyone remember basic genetics in High School? Here’s a quick refresher:

We inherit two copies of each gene, one from each parent. The same gene comes in different "flavors," called alleles.

If we inherit the same allele of a gene from each parent, we are homozygous for that allele. If we inherit a different allele of that gene from each parent, we are heterozygous for that allele.

The terms “dominant” and “recessive” refer to how the alleles for that gene express themselves.

Recessive alleles express ONLY if you are homozygous (two of the same) for that allele. Dominant alleles are expressed even if you only get one copy of that allele.

An often used simple example is Eye Color: - let's call the gene for eye color B, and use a capital letter “B” (Big B) for the dominant allele of Brown and a small letter “b”(little b) for the recessive allele Blue.

If we inherit a gene for eye color from our father and a gene for eye color from our mother, each of which have 2 alleles, there are four combination possibilities:

BB – Homozygous ( Dominant. Has brown eyes)
Bb – Heterozygous. (Has brown eyes. Carrier for blue)
bB – Heterozygous. (Has brown eyes. Carrier for blue)
bb – Homozygous. (Recessive. Has blue eyes)

Okay, so are we clear about the basics? Now let’s look at homosexuality.

Scientists believe there is a combination of a number of different genes that affect sexual orientation, and it’s quite complex, but I’m trying to keep this simple to get the basic idea across, so I’ll just use an example of a single gene. And I’ll just stick with males for the moment.

If there is a gene for human sexual orientation and it is heterozygotically controlled, we could use Big H for Heterosexuality and little “h” for homosexuality and call Big H the dominant allele.

HH – Homozygotic Heterosexual (Straight)
Hh– Heterozygous Heterosexual (Straight, but carrier for gay allele)
hH– Heterozygous Heterosexual (Straight, but carrier for gay allele)
hh – Homozygous Homosexual (Gay)

This would mean that there are:
Straight men (HH) with the two Dominant Heterosexual alleles.
Straight men (Hh) with one Dominant Straight allele and one recessive gay allele. These would be the carriers of the gay “gene” even though the gene is not expressed because it is recessive.
Gay men (hh) with the two recessive alleles.

So homosexuality can be easily passed on genetically by heterosexuals who have recessive “gay” genes.

For homosexuality to have remained in the gene pool, it must have some evolutionary advantages for the straight men who carry the recessive trait, over the straight men who don’t carry it.

Let’s say for example that straight men who carry the recessive “gay” genes are better able to express themselves verbally and emotionally than straight men who don’t carry this recessive gene. Or perhaps straight men with the recessive gay gene may be better lovers or have better left brain/right brain communication….or whatever.

These characteristics conferred by the recessive “gay genes” may make these straight men more attractive to straight women. So the genes get passed on, even if gay men with the two recessive alleles (hh) never reproduce themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies