Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 06:38 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And you have fun rejecting science.
Did you find the pack of gay wolves?

Look, animals are animals, if they find some stimulation that makes them feel good, they will pursue it, it does not make them gay. But if you are asking me if animals are capable of birth defects, or mental illness, then I agree with you. But people are still not animals, which is science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
When you find an entire pack of gay wolves, who ignore all female wolves, or two male geese mated for life and and having sex, you come back and let me know.
Quote:
People are not animals. Have fun beating up your strawman.
So, does homosexuality in nature explain homosexuality in humans? Yes or no? You seem to be conflicted.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
You're one of the most brilliant posters here. Thank you for your contributions.
Thanks AUM, I enjoy your posts too.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:42 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The BBC article also said...

Flying in females so the males could naturally mate with them caused outrage among gay rights activists. That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time, and also the saddest. The natural act of sex between opposite sexed species offended gay activists. That is considered absolutely interfering with nature. It is awful enough that the animals are in captivity but to deny them access to female penguin so they could reproduce is sick.

Just amazing!
Read the whole article.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Look, animals are animals, if they find some stimulation that makes them feel good, they will pursue it, it does not make them gay.
Sounds like what a lot of humans do.

If your statement above applies to humans, would you agree that homosexual behavior in humans does not necessarily make them "gay"? There are many men who have occasional homosexual encounters, but still consider themselves to be heterosexual or mostly heterosexual.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Read the whole article.
Some people read articles about science in the same way they read the Bible - they pick and choose the parts that comport with their personal beliefs and biases while they ignore the rest. And then they become self-righteous and indignant if you point this out to them.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:50 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Some people read articles about science in the same way they read the Bible - they pick and choose the parts that comport with their personal beliefs and biases while they ignore the rest. And then they become self-righteous and indignant if you point this out to them.
Could you please point out any verse or scripture of the Bible that condones or promotes homosexuality.

There are plenty that condone it and warn of it, we each have our opinions but don't infer that somewhere in the Bible your lifestyle is promoted.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:51 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
People are not animals. Have fun beating up your strawman.
This is the last & final time I'm going to post this. Humans are in the Kingdom Animalia. Refer back to your basic biology class. Am I the only one on here who understands this simple fact? Here, a simple classification of homo sapiens (that's us) Classification of Homo sapiens
It's called scientific nomenclature, the classifying of species. For those of you who cringe at being related to apes, check out the order we're under...that's right "primate"

Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,346,054 times
Talking don't make a monkey out of me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
This is the last & final time I'm going to post this. Humans are in the Kingdom Animalia. Refer back to your basic biology class. Am I the only one on here who understands this simple fact? Here, a simple classification of homo sapiens (that's us) Classification of Homo sapiens
It's called scientific nomenclature, the classifying of species. For those of you who cringe at being related to apes, check out the order we're under...that's right "primate"
your argument is cut short by your assumption that the listener accepts the advance of darwinian theory. a majority rejects that theory, and, therefore your argument fails. i do not come from an ape, nor do i accept the theories of evolution, i.e. big bang, darwinian evolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Could you please point out any verse or scripture of the Bible that condones or promotes homosexuality.
No I can't. I've never read the Bible.

Quote:
There are plenty that condone it and warn of it, we each have our opinions but don't infer that somewhere in the Bible your lifestyle is promoted.
I didn't say that, and I never would because I think the Bible is a bunch of hooey.

I wasn't even referring to homosexuality in my statement. I said that people read articles about science in the same way they read the Bible. They believe the parts they want to believe and ignore the rest. This applies to a wide range of topics, from not eating shellfish to not wearing mixed fabric clothing.

I've heard that the Bible also says you're supposed to stone your wife to death if you find out she wasn't a virgin when you married her. Of course, like everything else in the Bible, I guess that's subject to interpretation.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies