U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-03-2009, 06:38 PM
 
1,532 posts, read 1,417,283 times
Reputation: 383

Advertisements

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Hal Turner has been arrested...


North Bergen, NJ (TRN) -- At about 4:00 this afternoon, Hal received a call from the North Bergen Police telling him to go to the Police Station because they had received a tip from a credible source about a death threat made against him and they needed to talk. He arrived at the station at about 4:10 and was arrested at 4:15. It seems that the state of Connecticut issued a warrant for his arrest for making "Harassing Communications". There is no other information available at this time. At this point, any and all donations toward his defense would be greatly appreciated.

Quite obviously, the Hal Turner Show will not air tonight. All other shows will run as scheduled. Sphere: Related Content

at 6/03/2009 04:59:00 PM
halturnershow.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-03-2009, 06:43 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 34,660,839 times
Reputation: 6163
Default Censorship of differnet views has begun is yours next

Sure you're not jumping to conclusions?

Dont forget to send in your donation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,272,470 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Sure you're not jumping to conclusions?

Dont forget to send in your donation.

You have no idea who this guy is do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Irvine, CA to Keller, TX
4,831 posts, read 6,178,629 times
Reputation: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Hal Turner has been arrested...


North Bergen, NJ (TRN) -- At about 4:00 this afternoon, Hal received a call from the North Bergen Police telling him to go to the Police Station because they had received a tip from a credible source about a death threat made against him and they needed to talk. He arrived at the station at about 4:10 and was arrested at 4:15. It seems that the state of Connecticut issued a warrant for his arrest for making "Harassing Communications". There is no other information available at this time. At this point, any and all donations toward his defense would be greatly appreciated.

Quite obviously, the Hal Turner Show will not air tonight. All other shows will run as scheduled. Sphere: Related Content

at 6/03/2009 04:59:00 PM
halturnershow.com
I have never heard anything about this guy but he does not sound the type that I would care if he was arrested or not. I am not saying he did anything wrong but he looks shady if what is claimed is true.

Hal Turner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 06:52 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 32,007,059 times
Reputation: 14896
State Capitol police on Wednesday have obtained an arrest warrant for radio host Hal Turner for inciting readers of his blog to "take up arms" against two Connecticut lawmakers and an official with the Office of State Ethics.

Turner, who has been identified as a white supremacist and anti-Semite by several anti-racism groups, hosts an Internet radio program and produces a blog. Last week, he published a post that promised to release the home addresses of state Rep. Michael Lawlor, state Sen. Andrew McDonald and Thomas Jones of the ethics office.

"It is our intent to foment direct action against these individuals personally,'' Turner's blog states. "These beastly government officials should be made an example of as a warning to others in government: Obey the Constitution or die."

Capitol Police Obtain Warrant To Arrest Radio Host Hal Turner -- Courant.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 33,486,370 times
Reputation: 5566
Not exactly the kind of guy that I'd want to be associated with. It would appear to be quite within his capability to make a death threat given his background. However, I do suspect that if it was a black supremacist making those same remarks there would be several on here that would defend him. Let's see, they'd say something like "He hasn't done anything yet." Or, "He was just having a bad day..."

Bad is bad, no matter what skin color, shape or size.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,272,470 times
Reputation: 3123
He deserves everything he gets. Free speech ends when violence is advocated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 06:58 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 34,660,839 times
Reputation: 6163
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You have no idea who this guy is do you?
I sure do, he's Sean Hannity's other crazy racist friend -- the one who isnt Andy Martin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,272,470 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I sure do, he's Sean Hannity's other crazy racist friend -- the one who isnt Andy Martin.
Yikes all roads lead to Fox news for you don't they? Obsess much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-03-2009, 07:04 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 34,660,839 times
Reputation: 6163
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yikes all roads lead to Fox news for you don't they? Obsess much?
A lot of crazy racist ones do, this one for example. How else did Hal Turner and Andy Martin become known? (To normal people.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top