U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-04-2009, 02:12 PM
 
Location: Southern NH
2,532 posts, read 4,961,126 times
Reputation: 1721

Advertisements

Gee what do you think the government realizes in a few years that consumers don't want these small unsafe cars? They'll do what they always do and affect consumer behavior via taxes. It can't be a deduction as over 50% of the people in the country don't pay federal income taxes. No, it will be a hefty gas tax to force people to buy these little cars or face going broke buying gas.... $5 or $7 per gallon would probably do it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-04-2009, 02:23 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,335,377 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Gee what do you think the government realizes in a few years that consumers don't want these small unsafe cars? They'll do what they always do and affect consumer behavior via taxes. It can't be a deduction as over 50% of the people in the country don't pay federal income taxes. No, it will be a hefty gas tax to force people to buy these little cars or face going broke buying gas.... $5 or $7 per gallon would probably do it....
You do realize the video in the OP is a joke, right? No one is going to be forced to buy those cars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 02:23 PM
 
Location: mancos
7,180 posts, read 6,474,997 times
Reputation: 4949
can you get lumber racks for those new gov't cars ? i kinda got this carpenter biz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Maine
7,728 posts, read 11,041,674 times
Reputation: 8317
I saw a cute lil muffin of a car today, a blue and silver cooper. I'd drive it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,614,540 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
What if the government and union owned Chrysler and General Motors order a strike at Ford to make them go broke?
Perfect opportunity to get rid of the business-killing, burdensome union.

Quote:
You do realize the video in the OP is a joke, right? No one is going to be forced to buy those cars.
I think the joke is on you and the video closer to the truth. Obama is going to FORCE you to buy cars you don't want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 04:02 PM
 
Location: USA
3,966 posts, read 9,420,954 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

YouTube - The 2012 Pelosi GTxi SS/RT Sport Edition

This is true. They will force you to buy those vehicles you have rejected.

How long before Government Motors sends this gem down the assembly line.
lmfao. i want one today! Where do I sign up to be a government slave?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 05:58 PM
 
8,648 posts, read 15,307,688 times
Reputation: 4570
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
A broom?
LOL.... Maybe she can fit on this one...
Attached Thumbnails
Obama and Pelosi's Car of the future;-00131391.zoom..jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM
 
14,332 posts, read 15,148,867 times
Reputation: 8382
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
can you get lumber racks for those new gov't cars ? i kinda got this carpenter biz
You mean you're part of the deforestation cartel? You must STOP!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 06:31 PM
 
19,406 posts, read 17,506,986 times
Reputation: 10608
What's cool is that once the subsidies and buyback programs get in place( clunker trade in allowances), our taxes will go up. So even non drivers will help pay for the purchase of these little cars. Ride your bike or take the bus to work, pay for somebody elses toy car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-04-2009, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,594 posts, read 14,381,404 times
Reputation: 14738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
What's cool is that once the subsidies and buyback programs get in place( clunker trade in allowances), our taxes will go up. So even non drivers will help pay for the purchase of these little cars. Ride your bike or take the bus to work, pay for somebody elses toy car.
Lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:53 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top