U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 08:17 PM

636 posts, read 690,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Someone wasn't paying attention the last 50 years or so. The UAW destroyed the US auto industry. The transplants doing business outside of Michigan are profitable and the workers there want nothing to do with the UAW. The Democrats will blame everyone except the union members who support them. Meanwhile the last American industries simply fade away.
I agree!!! The UAW along with the whack job enviro terrorist.... Global Warming caused by humans is a THEORY NOT A POLICY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 08:18 PM

16,884 posts, read 13,029,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

YouTube - The 2012 Pelosi GTxi SS/RT Sport Edition

This is true. They will force you to buy those vehicles you have rejected.

How long before Government Motors sends this gem down the assembly line.

soooo, tell me how they are going to force me to buy anything they want me to have?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:18 PM

2,532 posts, read 4,955,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You do realize the video in the OP is a joke, right? No one is going to be forced to buy those cars.
Sorry, the video did not play for me. I was commenting on the general issue...

Old 06-04-2009, 08:22 PM

2,532 posts, read 4,955,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
soooo, tell me how they are going to force me to buy anything they want me to have?
Simple, but it takes some time.... The only new cars available will be the small cars that are "green". There will be a large tax on any larger vehicle. A $5 per gallon national gas tax will make any low mileage car on the road prohibitively expensive to run. A tax rebate for turning in an older car for a new car that gets better mileage will get the older cars off the market as well. Over 10 - 15 years, things change and we are all driving cars the size of the smartcar or prius...

Old 06-04-2009, 08:25 PM

16,884 posts, read 13,029,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Simple, but it takes some time.... The only new cars available will be the small cars that are "green". There will be a large tax on any larger vehicle. A $5 per gallon national gas tax will make any low mileage car on the road prohibitively expensive to run. A tax rebate for turning in an older car for a new car that gets better mileage will get the older cars off the market as well. Over 10 - 15 years, things change and we are all driving cars the size of the smartcar or prius...

diesels can run on fuel other than just diesel.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:22 PM

2,024 posts, read 4,604,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
1984 and older cars don't have a documented EPA mileage rating so thats not going to happen, people will drive what they want. I will keep driving my two 4,700+ pound 30 year old vehicles.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:26 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,721,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Don't you think you are overstating things a bit?

Of course she is.

Anybody with a brain knows that the side of the car is the weakest point in regards to wrecks. An S class Benz can get tboned and it will still kill the driver/occupants.

Anywho, this is a country full of choice and you can always be free to drive whatever you want. You'll see ridiculous assertions like the OP, but it's nowhere near reality, just like most everything else they say.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:40 PM

9,043 posts, read 11,594,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Of course she is.

Anybody with a brain knows that the side of the car is the weakest point in regards to wrecks. An S class Benz can get tboned and it will still kill the driver/occupants.

Anywho, this is a country full of choice and you can always be free to drive whatever you want. You'll see ridiculous assertions like the OP, but it's nowhere near reality, just like most everything else they say.
You may be able to choose now...what about 5-10 years from now?

Did you think you'd have a government owned car manufacturer 2 years ago, much less 5 years ago?

The "it can't happen here" arrogance has got to stop.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:35 PM

14,307 posts, read 15,127,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
...... I will keep driving my two 4,700+ pound 30 year old vehicles.
I'll bet we can tax you out of them.

Make it easier on yourself and get in line peacefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies