Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:43 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times

Advertisements

Considering how African-Americans have been thoroughly brainwashed by the Democratic Party for several decades who hilariously claim to have their best interests at heart, there's nothing that the GOP could do to make life any worse for African-Americans have considering how reprehensibly the Democrats have harmed millions of African-Americans for several decades, including the delibverate destrujction of this nation's public schools.

Syndicated columnist and economist Walter E. Williams explain this scam in his fascinating new book (release date is April 27th) entitled 'Race And Economics; How Much Can Be Blamed On Discrimination?'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 09:55 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Exhibit A:

Who would you vote for if David Duke won the GOP Primary?

When given a choice between David Duke and Obama, well known conservatives/Republicans chose David Duke. Need I say more?
Black single mom here who would also vote for David Duke rather than Obama.
I accidentally gave you a positive when I didn't mean to. Sorry.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:58 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
What is up with all these Black White Power supporters. Wasn't there some other guy who claimed to be Africa and also voiced empathy for White Nationalists?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:02 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Considering how African-Americans have been thoroughly brainwashed by the Democratic Party for several decades who hilariously claim to have their best interests at heart, there's nothing that the GOP could do to make life any worse for African-Americans have considering how reprehensibly the Democrats have harmed millions of African-Americans for several decades, including the delibverate destrujction of this nation's public schools.

Syndicated columnist and economist Walter E. Williams explain this scam in his fascinating new book (release date is April 27th) entitled 'Race And Economics; How Much Can Be Blamed On Discrimination?'
The Republican Party could really care less about the majority of Black Amreicans. They've been proving it for the last 50 years. Even people withn GOP admit it.

GOP: 'We were wrong' to play racial politics

Quote:
"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Mehlman's apology to the NAACP at the group's convention in Milwaukee marked the first time a top Republican Party leader has denounced the so-called Southern Strategy employed by Richard Nixon and other Republicans to peel away white voters in what was then the heavily Democratic South. Beginning in the mid-1960s, Republicans encouraged disaffected Southern white voters to vote Republican by blaming pro-civil rights Democrats for racial unrest and other racial problems.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Lincoln was a Republican and signed Emancipation Proclamation. What have you say now?
Not much unless the argument is that the actions of Lincoln and the "Radical Republcans" 150 years ago purchased undying fealty in perpetuity regardless of the fact that the Republican Party turned their back on those achievements a mere 12 years later?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:08 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,300,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post

So in essence you're not disagreeing with the theory that dems treat us as weak minded because we are, in fact, weak minded. Not really making a case to attempt to sway us to the GOP side with condescending, chief.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:13 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,881,652 times
Party identification and overwhelming partisanship in sub-populations is self-perpetuating. To wit; due to residential, familial, and self segregation, social networks remain partially segregated. So you have an ethnic group, who disproportionately already vote for one party, and are somewhat socially segregated. If YOU were in that situation, would you feel comfortable talking about politics when it came up around the proverbial dinner table if you disagreed? Heck, you might even be a moderate leaning the other way, but, you'd still vote the same as everyone else just so you could honestly say you did when it comes up in conversation. A social pressure to vote for the "right" party develops in these situations.

If you have any group of friends, relatives or acquaintances you hang out with who have, as a group, an overwhelming political leaning, different from yours, think about what it's like whenever politics comes up. Now imagine being a moderate or conservative African-American -- it must be like that nearly all the time. Absolutely miserable, and far easier for them to either vote for democrats or avoid politics all together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
The Republican Party could really care less about the majority of Black Amreicans. They've been proving it for the last 50 years. Even people withn GOP admit it.
This again comes out of the overwhelming existing voting patterns though as a rational behavior. If a group overwhelmingly votes against you, and you have no realistic chance of swaying any large proportion of them, then as a politician, why care about them?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 PM

415 posts, read 449,475 times
I'm honestly not a fan of all this "race talk". But, as more Hispanics enter the GOP and the Democratic Party, I'm sure this will end some time soon. Most Hispanics don't care about the Black vs. White feud. Actually, I think most of us immigrants - regardless of race - don't care. There are other things to focus on. I'll give it a few more years. White liberals seem to be the only ones to be overly sympathetic to it.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:28 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,602,859 times
"If it free its for me" attitude!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
My first impulse was to say that it would be such a wonderful example of schadenfreude to watch your child swing from a tree as a result of a lynching by the likes of a David Duke or one of his minion. But to feel that way about someone whose only misfortune was to be born by someone so ignorant and self loathing as to even entertain for a second the idea of voting for the likes of a David Duke, for any reason, would be beneath me.

Quote:
I accidentally gave you a positive when I didn't mean to. Sorry.
I'm equally sorry, because any recognition by you would be extremely distasteful and exceedingly embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies