Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:49 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
"If it free its for me" attitude!
Care to elaborate? Or just an empty talking point you heard on Limbaugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 10:58 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Care to elaborate? Or just an empty talking point you heard on Limbaugh.
Ok I'll play your game,
I live in N.Y. and know all about the "free for me" culture.

If I say to you, I have seen people and or families that have been on the public dole for generations and I mean generations,I dont care if they are black,white,yellow or what ever the hell else is out there......GENERATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Mothers,fathers,kids,grandparents on welfare/food stamps/W.I.C. you'll just tell me "I don't know what I'm talking about" and I'll also say they "choose" to be poor,they stay uneducated because of the DEM party in which they vote for (which in turn feeds them there free stuff)!!!! so fire away.

I've seen it 1st hand..Have you?

Oh and for the dumb Limbaugh comment...I really don't listen to him,to many commercials.
I listen to Andrew Wilkow (sat radio) the BEST and I mean the best on radio...Do yourself a favor and listen and get educated.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:14 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
What is up with all these Black White Power supporters. Wasn't there some other guy who claimed to be Africa and also voiced empathy for White Nationalists?
We have a few. It's not P.C. but we usually hide them in the closet when compay comes over!!!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:18 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
My first impulse was to say that it would be such a wonderful example of schadenfreude to watch your child swing from a tree as a result of a lynching by the likes of a David Duke or one of his minion. But to feel that way about someone whose only misfortune was to be born by someone so ignorant and self loathing as to even entertain for a second the idea of voting for the likes of a David Duke, for any reason, would be beneath me.

I'm equally sorry, because any recognition by you would be extremely distasteful and exceedingly embarrassing.
She's married to Edward theselfhatingafrican!!!

Last edited by reconmark; 04-27-2011 at 01:39 PM..

Old 04-27-2011, 01:20 PM

27 posts, read 16,696 times
Black republicans? Like the log cabin republican's they are just very very confused and most are not because why would you vote for a group that persecutes you?

Old 04-27-2011, 01:24 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurynome View Post
Black republicans? Like the log cabin republican's they are just very very confused and most are not because why would you vote for a group that persecutes you?
But, it was the Republican president who freed the slaves.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Does government and taxation create prosperity?
Yes, government and taxation most certainly does work mightily well. And Oklahoma City proves it overwhelmingly. Because that city would not have a pro basketball team, if citizens refused to be taxed to make the Ford Arena a nicer place for the Thunder basketball team to play in. Much of the rest of downtown Oklahoma City prospers better than ever as the result of taxation. It can not be disputed.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:36 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Black single mom here who would also vote for David Duke rather than Obama.
I accidentally gave you a positive when I didn't mean to. Sorry.
LOL @ this! You can't be serious! Duke would have you picking cotton for free if he could and you mean to tell me that you would rather vote for him than Obama??

I'm not a fan of Obama either, but there is no way in hell that I would vote for a damn white supremacist.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:40 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Party identification and overwhelming partisanship in sub-populations is self-perpetuating. To wit; due to residential, familial, and self segregation, social networks remain partially segregated. So you have an ethnic group, who disproportionately already vote for one party, and are somewhat socially segregated. If YOU were in that situation, would you feel comfortable talking about politics when it came up around the proverbial dinner table if you disagreed? Heck, you might even be a moderate leaning the other way, but, you'd still vote the same as everyone else just so you could honestly say you did when it comes up in conversation. A social pressure to vote for the "right" party develops in these situations.

If you have any group of friends, relatives or acquaintances you hang out with who have, as a group, an overwhelming political leaning, different from yours, think about what it's like whenever politics comes up. Now imagine being a moderate or conservative African-American -- it must be like that nearly all the time. Absolutely miserable, and far easier for them to either vote for democrats or avoid politics all together.

This again comes out of the overwhelming existing voting patterns though as a rational behavior. If a group overwhelmingly votes against you, and you have no realistic chance of swaying any large proportion of them, then as a politician, why care about them?
Then why do Republicans even ask the question really?

Also in terms of a voting constituency the Republican Party has consistently shown through its actions, votes and rhetoric over the years they don't have many of the interest of many Black Americans at heart. So why would Black Americans vote for them?

It's a two way street!

Last edited by JazzyTallGuy; 04-27-2011 at 01:50 PM..

Old 04-27-2011, 01:40 PM

27 posts, read 16,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But, it was the Republican president who freed the slaves.
This ain't Lincoln's Republican party any more baby. 165 years of corporate corruption will do that. It was also the founding fathers who instituted it. Unlike Bachmanns history challenged mind, the founders put in the constitution the 3/5s clause to count a black as 3/5s of a white not to give them any amount of human association, but to give the agrarian south more representation those states. Lincoln also said: I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it. what else you got?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies