Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:08 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
One speech should do it, right?

This sounds vaguely familiar.

Oh, right! That was bush's strategy as well.
No, he said way up at the top of the speech that one speech wont do it.
I do so recognizing that change cannot happen overnight. No single speech can eradicate years of mistrust, nor can I answer in the time that I have all the complex questions that brought us to this point.
Why not read the speech/watch the video instead of guessing at what it says?

Obama's Remarks to the Muslim Word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 07:09 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
So the strategy he has shown is to fight the extremists, recognize and state that they are a minority, and reach out to the moderate Muslims. How original!
Is this a figure skating competition where the judges' score is based upon originality or will it be judged upon execution?

Bush talked the good game but his actions betrayed the lies behind the words. Secret agreements with Israel over settlements while only paying lip service to a two state solution, demanding democracy in the middle east but denying the results when they don't fit your agenda? And I haven't even gotten to the invasion of Iraq, Guantanamo, torture and Abub Ghraib.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
And what exactly did GW Bush do before 9/11 to make you think that he was a war mongerer?
The times make the man and Obama will unfortunately be unable to live up to your expectations of him.
And yet in spite of people like you he's still going to try -- is trying, element by element -- to drag this country back to the top where it belongs. "The dogs bark but the caravan passes on."

Old 06-04-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
So the strategy he has shown is to fight the extremists, recognize and state that they are a minority, and reach out to the moderate Muslims. How original!
Yes, what a terrible strategy.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:13 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,928,786 times
Quote:
"Obama and his administration have sowed new seeds of hatred against America.
"He has followed the steps of his predecessor in antagonising Muslims ... and laying the foundation for long wars."

-Tape purported to be of Osama bin Laden-

"Shun Obama, his Middle East trip was at the invitation of the 'torturers of Egypt' and the 'slaves of America'.
Obama is a criminal who is not welcome in Egypt".

-bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, to the Egyptian people-
These are the extremist and hopefully most moderate Muslims won't adhere to his rantings.

I do know a couple of moderate Muslims and while they hate us for our backing of Israel they continue to live in the US and profit from it's freedoms. I think the best hope is for moderate Muslims in the US to take the lead. As these Muslims raise their families in the US and their children have families the moderation will hopefully continue until the radical Muslims become the exception more and more each generation.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Were you not quoting Obama's recent speech? If not then I apologize.
Im sorry, I still dont get it. What is the connection you're trying to make?

Old 06-04-2009, 07:35 AM

519 posts, read 688,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
I say THANK YOU AMERICANS! President Obama WILL finally reconcile WEST and EAST, US and Muslim countries!
Thank you Barak Obama for your speech!!!
God save America!
I would say "You're Welcome", but I didn't vote for the guy.

Did you see the recent remarks from Osama Bin Laden?

"Obama and his administration have sown new seeds to increase hatred and revenge on America," bin Laden said. "The number of these seeds is equal to the number of displaced people from Swat Valley."

"Elderly people, children and women fled their homes and lived in tents as refugees after they have lived in dignity in their homes," bin Laden said. "Let the American people be ready to reap what the White House leaders have sown."

Had Bin Laden never been successful in killing nearly 3,000 of our citizens, i'd take his words as mere blather. However he did succeed, so his speeches mean alot more to me than Obama's because I know Bin Laden won't hesitate to act on his words.

Goodwill speeches to the Mulim world are fine and dandy, but those speeches will do very little to curtail the violence that is likely to be exacted on America. It's not a matter of "IF", it's a matter of "WHEN" i'm afraid.

If his speeches make you feel better, then by all means enjoy them. The real measure will be the result of those words. I don't think Osama Bin Laden or any of our other stated enemies really give a crap about Obama's speeches.

Last edited by Johnny B. Fury; 06-04-2009 at 07:45 AM..

Old 06-04-2009, 07:36 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,074,409 times
So - the gutless wonder is sucking up to the muslims. Do you really think that they don't have his number? He'll play into them because he has no clue and he's so delusional that he believes his own press. They'll praise him to his face and laugh at him behind his back.

In the meantime he's alienating strong allies of the US - Israel, Britain - because of his disdain for America and the Constitution and his incredible arrogance.

It's not too early to think impeachment - it's obvious that he hates America and wants to mold it to his radical ideas. He's infringing upon the Constitution way too much and needs to be held accountable.

Unfortunately, he could blatantly commit treason and the liberals and the media would sing his praises. Yeah, thanks America for blindly electing this totally unqualified, morally bankrupt
hater of all things good in America. When he's done completely breaking the backbone of this country his muslim buddies will be laughing their a**es off.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
So - the gutless wonder is sucking up to the muslims. Do you really think that they don't have his number? He'll play into them because he has no clue and he's so delusional that he believes his own press. They'll praise him to his face and laugh at him behind his back.

In the meantime he's alienating strong allies of the US - Israel, Britain - because of his disdain for America and the Constitution and his incredible arrogance.

It's not too early to think impeachment - it's obvious that he hates America and wants to mold it to his radical ideas. He's infringing upon the Constitution way too much and needs to be held accountable.

Unfortunately, he could blatantly commit treason and the liberals and the media would sing his praises. Yeah, thanks America for blindly electing this totally unqualified, morally bankrupt
hater of all things good in America. When he's done completely breaking the backbone of this country his muslim buddies will be laughing their a**es off.
Whatever you do...

DO NOT read the transcript of his speech, OR watch the dreaded video!

LEARN NOTHING...STAY CLOSED....

Im sorry but I just feel sorry for folks who insist on feeling this way.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:42 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sealace View Post
I too am thrilled to have Obama as our President. Finally.....we have a man who is a peacemaker!!!!!
The peacekeeper in Iraq was Saddam Hussein.

But he's gone now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies