U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:35 PM

2,522 posts, read 3,917,596 times

Advertisements

I'd be praying that Gitmo remained open and that I was never released into the general population at a Federal prison.

Last edited by Mamama Mia; 06-04-2009 at 12:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 12:35 PM

25,235 posts, read 13,999,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Would you rather be at Guantanamo or some maximum security prison inside the US? Why?

Or, how about this, if you were an American murderer serving a life sentence, would you rather be in a maximum security prison inside the US or at Gitmo?

Has anyone in the media ever asked?
First off I would expect to be tried by a court of law, and if I were found guilty of a crime be sent sent to whatever prison the law descided upon. In the case of a convicted terrorist I would expect maximum security, convicted criminals don't get to pick their new place of residence, so the question is pointless.
Casper

Old 06-04-2009, 12:36 PM

3,191 posts, read 3,779,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Yeah, it's called innocent till proven guilty, something lost on most Americans apparently is basic fairness.
Twisted and out of context... say your sorry.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:38 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,049,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Because they didn't before they were sent there?
Exactly! As the US Government admits in most all cases!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:41 PM

10,543 posts, read 11,984,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Exactly! As the US Government admits in most all cases!
I hadn't heard that. Show me the link to that and I'll certainly say they should be freed immediately.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:42 PM

3,288 posts, read 3,966,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Twisted and out of context... say your sorry.
How about you explain how it's "twisted" and "out of context". It's not my fault you lack a basic understanding of what justice is.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:43 PM

4,831 posts, read 6,178,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Would you rather be at Guantanamo or some maximum security prison inside the US? Why?

Or, how about this, if you were an American murderer serving a life sentence, would you rather be in a maximum security prison inside the US or at Gitmo?

Has anyone in the media ever asked?
Guantanamo. I hate all Americans so why would I want to me among them?

If I were an American murderer I could care less. That is obvious since I cared so little about my life I ended up in prison.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:43 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,600,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I hadn't heard that. Show me the link to that and I'll certainly say they should be freed immediately.
Ex-Bush Official: Many at Guantanamo Bay Are Innocent - Political News - FOXNews.com

And that's the problem with Guantanamo. Why are they being held without trial for so long?

Old 06-04-2009, 12:47 PM

10,543 posts, read 11,984,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Ex-Bush Official: Many at Guantanamo Bay Are Innocent - Political News - FOXNews.com

And that's the problem with Guantanamo. Why are they being held without trial for so long?
Thanks; I have seen that. I do think those people need to be released and should have already been released. I don't think it's the case of "most all" as stated in an earlier post.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM

13,180 posts, read 13,049,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

They don't have the evidence to convict 90% of them. The very first trial was Obama's driver! He got off on most counts except for one catch all charge. ...Imagine all these years and ten of millions spent on charging these Muslim peasants and all they can come up with is a few convictions...LOL

Better yet imagine the Nurenberg trials and instead of Hitler's Generals all the Allies could find to charge were some pis poor foot soldiers and Hitler's driver!

It's a sick joke how the right wing has screwed this Country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies