Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:39 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Would you rather be at Guantanamo or some maximum security prison inside the US? Why?

Or, how about this, if you were an American murderer serving a life sentence, would you rather be in a maximum security prison inside the US or at Gitmo?

Has anyone in the media ever asked?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 11:40 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
If I were a Gitmo detainee...I would want to kill every American I encountered. I wouldn't "want" to be locked up at all since I didn't do anything that warranted this kind of treatment. Realistically, however, and since my spirit and soul have both been shattered, I'd want to be on American soil with every freaking lawyer on my side to show that all people, myself included, are entitled to human rights. Otherwise, you Americans and your government are a bunch of lying hypocrites who scream freedom but provide it only when its convenient. Face it you sadists, you MADE me a terrorist. That's what I'd feel and say if I were a Gitmo detainee.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I completely agree with post #2. GITMO the very foundations of our legal systyems both civillian and military.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:44 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
If I were a Gitmo detainee...I would want to kill every American I encountered. I wouldn't "want" to be locked up at all since I didn't do anything that warranted this kind of treatment. Realistically, however, and since my spirit and soul have both been shattered, I'd want to be on American soil with every freaking lawyer on my side to show that all people, myself included, are entitled to human rights. Otherwise, you Americans and your government are a bunch of lying hypocrites who scream freedom but provide it only when its convenient. Face it you sadists, you MADE me a terrorist. That's what I'd feel and say if I were a Gitmo detainee.
^^ Pure comedy. Thanks for the chuckle.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:46 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Because they didn't before they were sent there?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:48 AM

519 posts, read 688,656 times
Quote:
So EVERY detainee is purely INNOCENT huh? Instead of speaking from your ass, why don't you back up this assertion with some facts. You assume that they did absolutely nothing, when in fact you have no clue as to what you're asserting. ACLU-biased puppets don't inspire me.

From what i've seen of GITMO, there are far more opportunities to spend time outside. If that's the case, i'd take GITMO over a cinder-block cell with a tiny window anyday.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:22 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Innocent before proven guilty. Almost none of the detainees have been charged with a crime. So, innocent until proven guilty, no matter how difficult that is for freedom-loving Americans to swallow. If they've committed a crime then please provide the evidence (facts) to first charge them and then convict them. So far, the government has failed to do so. What is it hiding then? Where is its proof? See? Americans dispense their beloved freedom only when it's convenient.

Put yourself in their shoes. You can't, can you? It's too horrible to consider because you don't want any of the responsibility that goes with such cruelty, knowing that you are the cause. It's easier to bask in the blue glow of the television screen and allow yourself to be convinced that "THEY" are the bad guys instead of rationally viewing the whole charade for what it is. They don't want take pictures as they travel on the road to the TRUTH because it might be uncomfortable. Better to lock 'em up and throw away the key. Yeah, let the ticking bomb run itself down to zero.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:24 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
There are plenty that didn't.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:27 PM

519 posts, read 688,656 times
Quote:
Innocent before proven guilty. Almost none of the detainees have been charged with a crime. So, innocent until proven guilty, no matter how difficult that is for freedom-loving Americans to swallow. If they've committed a crime then please provide the evidence (facts) to first charge them and then convict them. So far, the government has failed to do so. What is it hiding then? Where is its proof?

Put yourself in their shoes. You can't, can you? It's too horrible to consider because you don't want any of the responsibility that goes with such cruelty. It's easier to bask in the blue glow of the television screen and allow yourself to be convinced that "THEY" are the bad guys instead of rationally viewing the whole charade for what it is. See? Americans dispense their beloved freedom only when its convenient. They don't want take pictures as they travel on the road to the TRUTH because it might be uncomfortable. Better to lock 'em up and throw away the key. Yeah, let the ticking bomb run itself down to zero.
You're the one that proclaimed innocence and used that as your reasoning for wanting to "kill every American" you encountered. The fact is, you don't know that they are innocent, just as I don't know they are guilty. But i'm not sitting here demanding that they be executed for crimes they haven't been proven guilty of. To the contrary, you are using their presumed innocence to justify killing Americans. See the difference?

Last edited by Johnny B. Fury; 06-04-2009 at 12:35 PM..

Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Yeah, it's called innocent till proven guilty, something lost on most Americans apparently is basic fairness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies