Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,046,194 times

Advertisements

aww!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,613,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
How much other info do you get from comedy central?
Scoff all you want. Mr. Stewart's program has enormous reach, and if the RNC, and other Bush/Cheny apologists think that former VP Cheney's statements will continue to go unchallenged, someone is sadly mistaken

"In fact, it was Cheney who “missed” the warning signs, not Clarke. New York Times reporter Philip Shenon’s book, “The Commission: The Uncensored History of the 9/11 Investigation,” reprinted some of Clarke’s emphatic e-mails warning the Bush administration of the al Qaeda threat throughout 2001:
“Bin Ladin Public Profile May Presage Attack” (May 3)
“Terrorist Groups Said Co-operating on US Hostage Plot” (May 23)
“Bin Ladin’s Networks’ Plans Advancing” (May 26)
“Bin Ladin Attacks May Be Imminent” (June 23)
“Bin Ladin and Associates Making Near-Term Threats” (June 25)
“Bin Ladin Planning High-Profile Attacks” (June 30)
“Planning for Bin Ladin Attacks Continues, Despite Delays” (July 2)
Similarly, Time Magazine reported in 2002 that Clarke had an extensive plan to “roll back” al Qaeda — a plan that languished for months (http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020812/story.html - broken link), ignored by senior Bush officials:"

Think Progress » Cheney Blames Richard Clarke For 9/11: ‘He Missed It’

Old 06-04-2009, 09:57 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,829,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Scoff all you want. Mr. Stewart's program has enormous reach, and if the RNC, and other Bush/Cheny apologists think that former VP Cheney's statements will continue to go unchallenged, someone is sadly mistaken

"In fact, it was Cheney who “missed” the warning signs, not Clarke. New York Times reporter Philip Shenon’s book, “The Commission: The Uncensored History of the 9/11 Investigation,” reprinted some of Clarke’s emphatic e-mails warning the Bush administration of the al Qaeda threat throughout 2001:
“Bin Ladin Public Profile May Presage Attack” (May 3)
“Terrorist Groups Said Co-operating on US Hostage Plot” (May 23)
“Bin Ladin’s Networks’ Plans Advancing” (May 26)
“Bin Ladin Attacks May Be Imminent” (June 23)
“Bin Ladin and Associates Making Near-Term Threats” (June 25)
“Bin Ladin Planning High-Profile Attacks” (June 30)
“Planning for Bin Ladin Attacks Continues, Despite Delays” (July 2)
Similarly, Time Magazine reported in 2002 that Clarke had an extensive plan to “roll back” al Qaeda — a plan that languished for months (http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020812/story.html - broken link), ignored by senior Bush officials:"

Think Progress » Cheney Blames Richard Clarke For 9/11: ‘He Missed It’

thank god you posted something from a good solid source like thinkprogress. now, for the rest of my daily news, I will return to another good source. the onion.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:01 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,046,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
thank god you posted something from a good solid source like thinkprogress. now, for the rest of my daily news, I will return to another good source. the onion.
attack that messenger!

Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,613,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
So, basically you are saying that ThinkProgress made up the existence of Philip Shenon's book and the Time magazine article they cite?
Fascinating.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM

486 posts, read 981,142 times
John Steward and Steven Colbert are both hillarious. Those who can't take it: "If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!" nobody is forcing you to watch them.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:08 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,269,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Uncut Dick is pretty rare outside the Baptist church, I'm told.
And size, I'm told, is one of the prime determinates of . .

How Homosexuals Are Different (http://isocrat.org/science/causes/differences.php#phys3 - broken link)

Poor Mojo Newswire: Dick Cheney's Enormous Penis sickens, frightens the masses

Old 06-04-2009, 10:17 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,269,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
They are both funny, it's just that people don't like to be mocked.
Yeah, I saw that in a movie once.

It could be considered a Hyenas crime.

YouTube - Funny court scene from My cousin Vinny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies