U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 02:35 PM

5,945 posts, read 4,858,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
They must have thought he fit the description of a terrorist. Kinda like those that hunt, drive SUV's and like to earn more than 200,000 a year.
You have the weirdest definition of terrorist I've ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 02:40 PM

30,390 posts, read 20,026,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Well kiss my go to H e l l! All this bruhaha for naught! What ever are the bible thumper's going to b itch about now? No doubt, at least one is scouring the web for another 'they hate religion' blip.

This never would have become an issue if a Bible study attendee hadn't caused damage to a neighborhood resident's vehicle.

Why is it lefties hate the Constitution so much?

First Amendment becomes invalid once someone's vehicle is scratched?

Old 06-04-2009, 02:42 PM

30,390 posts, read 20,026,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Jesus just loves self-absorbed "christians" who inconvenience entire neighborhoods weekly.
Refresh my memory, Which Amendment guarantees your right to not be inconvenienced?

Old 06-04-2009, 02:47 PM

9,274 posts, read 23,348,643 times
Quote:
You have the weirdest definition of terrorist I've ever seen.

I was being sarcastic, and referring to that list that the BO whitehouse put out a few months ago.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:51 PM

8,388 posts, read 8,319,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
I was being sarcastic, and referring to that list that the BO whitehouse put out a few months ago.

What list was that?

Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM

10,583 posts, read 8,257,171 times
Would this issue have been "resolved" if it hadn't been plastered all over the national news?

How many other issues have NOT been plastered all over the news?

Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM

8,388 posts, read 8,319,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Refresh my memory, Which Amendment guarantees your right to not be inconvenienced?

Does your bible mention the golden rule anywhere?

Old 06-04-2009, 03:00 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,338,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Why is it lefties hate the Constitution so much?

First Amendment becomes invalid once someone's vehicle is scratched?
Why is it that righties post lies about other posters posts. Where do I post that I hate the Constitution?

The First Amendment is not an issue. The neighbors were upset before the Bible study attendees where parking in their assigned parking spots. The straw that broke the camels back was the damaged vehicle.

Your arms and legs must be 1 million feet long the way you take something and stretch it to an unrecognizable mass of distortion.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:03 PM

519 posts, read 605,812 times
Quote:
Jesus just loves self-absorbed "christians" who inconvenience entire neighborhoods weekly.
Gay Pride parades inconvenience Christians and entire cities by shutting down city streets, but you don't see anyone stopping the parades do you? That means staying out of rights of Christian homeowners should be common sense, but apparently it wasn't in San Diego.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:09 PM

8,287 posts, read 7,508,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
San Diego County has withdrawn a warning letter and cease and desist order it had issued against a pastor against a weekly Bible study held in his home, and the chief administrative officer for the governmental body has added his own personal apology to the pastor over the accusations.
Everyone get down off your crosses now. You won't be needing the nails after all. You'll have to wait for next time, which, no doubt, will be right around the corner.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies