Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:40 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I'm sure the pastor and his wife haven't reported any neighbors for parking violations. I'd even bet he'd offer them the use of his empty lot if they needed it. He paid for the damage to the car himself...I'd say that's pretty neighborly and a very good example of living out the golden rule.
You're right, the pastor has acted responsibly, to his credit. But I'm sure the issue isn't the pastor and his wife. I'd imagine it has a lot more to do with neighborhood residents being inconvenienced by attendees clogging the limited parking spaces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 08:52 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Really........
What about the self absorbed football/hockey/basketball fan.
What about them?

Quote:
What a stupid statement you stated!
In your unbiased opinion, you mean.

Quote:
I am so sick of the attack on Christians. Get this
WE are NOT Going Away!!!!!!
Who's asking you to?

We atheists are small fish in a large sea of believers of all types. We've had to learn to live as a despised, marginalized minority. It's very amusing how you guys seem to play the victim card so readily. I mean, with god on your side and all.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:58 AM

117 posts, read 139,344 times
Atheists are disingenous. If they really didn't believe or care about God, then why would they care to fight religious people (Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddists, etc.)?

Hey, I live in San Diego and I don't believe in the Chargers or the NFL. It doesn't interest me one iota, but am I going to hate those that are big-time Charger fans who devote lives to it? I'm surrounded by the "NFL" and its SD Charger and only Charger believers every Sunday, it permeates the news, the citizenry, etc. But am I going to "fight" it? hate it?

No, if I don't care about the NFL, I just ignore it.

Why don't "Atheists" do the same with religion? It's because "Atheism" is just cover for people who hate. People who hate religion, maybe, but moreso those who hate Christians exclusively. People who hate the traditions of Europe and Western Civilization, etc.

It's easy to see what their real motivations are, because if they really didn't care about God or the NFL, they'd just ignore it and let others cheer on their team (or god) in peace.

If the San Diego Charger fans are going to have a Sunday rally on publicly-owned land, and in my face, am I going to hate them for it? What if I don't like the NFL or the Charger religion in particular? (What if I like the NY Giants instead?) Am I going to force my views of Charger hate on San Diego? Demand that they change for me? A: No.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:12 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengeice View Post
Atheists are disingenous. If they really didn't believe or care about God, then why would they care to fight religious people (Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddists, etc.)?
So because someone posted that the person who complained about parking was probably an atheist, you azzume the same? Or do you have a link to a reputable source that has proof this non-issue was created by an atheist? By your reckoning because the U.S. of A. is at war with Iraq, we're all 'disingenuos atheists'. All the 'good America's' on C-D and elsewhere who lump all Muslims into the same group (Guantanemo) are all disingenuous atheists?

By the way, if someone was taking my parking spot consistently every week and/or damaged my property (car), I would have complained. And, I'm not even an atheist, hmmm, go figure....

Old 06-05-2009, 10:19 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
So because someone posted that the person who complained about parking was probably an atheist, you azzume the same? Or do you have a link to a reputable source that has proof this non-issue was created by an atheist? By your reckoning because the U.S. of A. is at war with Iraq, we're all 'disingenuos atheists'. All the 'good America's' on C-D and elsewhere who lump all Muslims into the same group (Guantanemo) are all disingenuous atheists?

By the way, if someone was taking my parking spot consistently every week and/or damaged my property (car), I would have complained. And, I'm not even an atheist, hmmm, go figure....
I think he was making a general comment, not claiming anyone involed here was an atheist.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think he was making a general comment, not claiming anyone involed here was an atheist.
I believe he was referring to the people who complained about the weekly meetings, why else post that in this thread? He also made general statements about all atheists to which I responded.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:58 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Who would they be?
LMAO, if you need a link to see all the comments bashing Christians on here your blind. Granted there is a lot of Muslim bashing as well, and I put it ALL in the same catagory. Folks need to stay out of peoples religious beliefs. Let them be for Petes sake! Christians, Muslims Sun Worshipers, whatever. They have a RIGHT to their beliefs.

Old 06-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LMAO, if you need a link to see all the comments bashing Christians on here your blind.
What I see is people overreating to perceived attacks on Christianity and others telling them their overreacting. If that's what you call 'bashing Chrisitians', I guess I'm blind.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:07 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
What I see is people overreating to perceived attacks on Christianity and others telling them their overreacting. If that's what you call 'bashing Chrisitians', I guess I'm blind.
OK, to find all the threads with the comments and views I am refering to would take to much time. Lifes to short. Examples of such comments etc run the gamut from such things as' Living your life by rules set down in an old book of myths' trying to control people with fear of some BS deity', Your book of myths is nothing but finely bound toilet paper' on and on.To be fair I see this done to Muslims as well, and as I said, I hold all of this type of arrogant dismissal of peoples beliefs in the same contempt. I'm NOT overreacting to just attacks on Christians. Thats YOUR personal take on it, and your seeing what you want to see so you can go on on the prod. I'm not a Christian, or Muslim or anything else. I just believe people have a right to be left alone in their beliefs without people ,who know nothing about those beliefs, insulting and degrading them for said beliefs and looking for any small detail to justify attacking them so. It's ridiculous, and as a general rule, the folks who just LOVE to attack Christians, seem to be the first ones to get bent when they are called bigots. After all they don't attack anyone else, how can that be called bigotry? . I guess one is not a bigot if one attacks large groups of certain folks? Whatever..........

Old 06-07-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
\Examples of such comments etc run the gamut from such things as
' Living your life by rules set down in an old book of myths',

'trying to control people with fear of some BS deity',

'Your book of myths is nothing but finely bound toilet paper'

on and on.....
Those are opinions posted by people who don't believe in the bible.

Opposing opinions by someone that does not believe in what you believe does not translate into bashing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies