U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 09:27 AM

34,990 posts, read 34,655,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yes we invaded Iraq because intelligence told us they were trying to build WMDs. And that relates to Bin Laden how? Are you saying because we invaded Iraq we couldn't catch Bin Laden. Don't you recall we were in Afghanistan at the same time.

I prefer preventing terrorist attacks in the US being the top priority.

Huh? And you link prooves what?
Nothing to you, obviously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 09:29 AM

19,891 posts, read 16,270,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Obama has said multiple times that Bin Laden is our principal focus and target. Obama has been in office for less than 6 months, and needs to work with countries that could be harboring Bin Laden to assist in his capture.

I have always been very muscular in the approach to capturing Bin Laden, absolutely. In that aspect - we have full and good reason to go after him - we were attacked first.

Hopefully the window of opportunity has not passed. My gripe with Bush is the pressure and focus should have been placed on Bin Laden IMMEDIATELY after 9/11 until he was caught, while we still had the backing of the majority of the world.

But wait Obama is doing the same thing Bush did. You said you favor invading Pakistan. Obama will not do that. Are you equally upset with Obama?

Right after 9/11 we bomb the s**t out of Tora Bora and chased him all over the mountain region of Afghanistan. Implying we were sitting back doing nothing to get him after 9/11 is revisionist history.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Nothing to you, obviously.

Or anyone. If you think it proves something state it.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Or anyone. If you think it proves something state it.
Lol, even the PNAC signatories say they influenced the invasion of Iraq! Are you that much in denial?!

"Anyone"?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Lol, even the PNAC signatories say they influenced the invasion of Iraq! Are you that much in denial?!

"Anyone"?

Yikes, he got imput from many different quarters. That is far different than your statement that he was manipulated.

Let me help you out here. I am sure Obama recieved imput from the UAW with regards to Chrysler and GM. Do you think he was manipulated by them?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:42 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,597,928 times
Quote:
But wait Obama is doing the same thing Bush did. You said you favor invading Pakistan. Obama will not do that. Are you equally upset with Obama?

Right after 9/11 we bomb the s**t out of Tora Bora and chased him all over the mountain region of Afghanistan. Implying we were sitting back doing nothing to get him after 9/11 is revisionist history.
I don't think we need to invade Pakistan to capture Bin Laden. Several options available, including working with Pakistan to crack down on the militant forces in that area, which Bin Laden is quite obviously pissed about.

Yeah, exactly. A big show right after 9/11 and then, oh whatever, lets focus on Iraq instead of staying the course.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Yikes, he got imput from many different quarters. That is far different than your statement that he was manipulated.
The PNAC people operated as one on Bush, sorry.

Quote:
Let me help you out here. I am sure Obama recieved imput from the UAW with regards to Chrysler and GM. Do you think he was manipulated by them?
Oh, please just look up information on what led up to the invasion of Iraq. I dont have time for this.

Something interesting is the congressional record in the days it was dawning on Congress that they'd been misled concerning WMDs.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I don't think we need to invade Pakistan to capture Bin Laden. Several options available, including working with Pakistan to crack down on the militant forces in that area, which Bin Laden is quite obviously pissed about.

Yeah, exactly. A big show right after 9/11 and then, oh whatever, lets focus on Iraq instead of staying the course.

Big show? Are implying that our Marines and special ops chasing Bin laden all over Afghanistan was phony? Once he ran into Pakistan our options wer limited.

OK, I am happy you backed off the obviously crazy notion of invading Pakistan. Now you do realize that our actions in Pakistan are destabilizing the government and further that the have nuclear weapons. The last thing we want to have happen is for the government to collapse and leave those weapons vulnerable.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
The PNAC people operated as one on Bush, sorry.

Oh, please just look up information on what led up to the invasion of Iraq. I dont have time for this.

Something interesting is the congressional record in the days it was dawning on Congress that they'd been misled concerning WMDs.

OK so we are back to tin foil hat time. There is nothing to substantiate your wacky claims.

Old 06-05-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
OK so we are back to tin foil hat time. There is nothing to substantiate your wacky claims.
Not at worldnetdaily or the Sean Hannity forums there isnt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or